Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526
Results 501 to 519 of 519

Thread: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

  1. #501
    Burnt Orange Husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where the deer and antelope play
    Posts
    361

    Cool Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    ...and the goal posts are to always be painted red.
    I'm confident that for the right size check, the donor could pick the color...
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

  2. #502
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    19,995

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Nothing is sacred anymore. The naming rights to Minnesota's Williams Arena are up for bid. Same with Mariucci.

    Williams is, I believe, the 5th oldest basketball arena in college sports.

    Memorial Coliseum had naming rights sold this year. It's over. The last holdout will likely be Nebraska and Memorial.

  3. #503
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    U.P.
    Posts
    24

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Nothing is sacred anymore. The naming rights to Minnesota's Williams Arena are up for bid. Same with Mariucci.

    Williams is, I believe, the 5th oldest basketball arena in college sports.

    Memorial Coliseum had naming rights sold this year. It's over. The last holdout will likely be Nebraska and Memorial.
    Mariucci naming rights should go to Glade because every gopher fan believes they do not have malodorous excrement.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  4. #504
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,054

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
    I'm confident that for the right size check, the donor could pick the color...
    You're likely right, but I'm guessing the check would have to be at least six feet wide to make that kind of change.
    Ryan

    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  5. #505
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    19,995

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Mariucci naming rights should go to Glade because every gopher fan believes they do not have malodorous excrement.
    Well, we don't. Unless we've eaten food. Then yes.

    I honestly don't get that vibe, but maybe it's the gopher fans I hang out with. Shirtless, are we any better or worse than the average gopher fan?

  6. #506
    Not Deplorable FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    24,102

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    I don't hate MN that much. It was fun to beat the Goofs because of history, or because they were our first win since December and it was my second-to-last game as a student, and I may or may not have gotten an uncensored f-bomb aired on FS-North a few seconds after the final horn. Oh, and Dobson had a hatty, so there's that.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  7. #507
    Burnt Orange Husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where the deer and antelope play
    Posts
    361

    Cool Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    You're likely right, but I'm guessing the check would have to be at least six feet wide to make that kind of change.
    Ryan
    Nice but I was thinking about 'Back to School' with Rodney Dangerfield:
    Dr. Phillip Barbay: David, I just want to get it on record that I am totally against this. I don't think that selling admission to an obviously unqualified student is either ethical or honorable.
    Dean Martin: Uh, right... Phil. In Mr. Melon's defense, it was a really big check.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

  8. #508
    I love (goal) lamp
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,545

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    The Michigan Tech Hockey Facebook page is testing Facebook live, I think we'll have an announcement I'm the coming days!
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

  9. #509
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    459

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Been so long, did Tech hire Mel back??🙃

  10. #510
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    236

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Where's Muckalt going?

    "Noreen replaces Bill Muckalt, who has left to pursue higher opportunities of coaching. Thank you Coach Muckalt for a great two seasons! " https://t.co/VOxtCAWZa4

  11. #511
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,708

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    Where's Muckalt going?

    "Noreen replaces Bill Muckalt, who has left to pursue higher opportunities of coaching. Thank you Coach Muckalt for a great two seasons! " https://t.co/VOxtCAWZa4
    Interesting! He's not that high my list of candidates, but it'll be nice to get some clarity, hopefully next week!

  12. #512
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lower Michigan
    Posts
    806

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    I would think Muckalt to Michigan and Rolston, Ellsworth, or Shawhan to Tech.....
    Would Tech announce over a holiday weekend.....

    I would assume the pick is in now and final details need completing before setting up the announcement.
    Last edited by Huskiefan906; Today at 06:17 AM.

  13. #513
    Not Deplorable FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    24,102

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    I would think Muckalt to Michigan and Rolston, Ellsworth, or Shawhan to Tech.....
    Would Tech announce over a holiday weekend....
    I doubt Muckalt would be a college assistant again, even if it was his alma mater. He's looking to be a pro assistant or head.

    Since they did not announce Friday, it will be Tuesday at the earliest.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  14. #514
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    64

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    He's going to Michigan

  15. #515
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I doubt Muckalt would be a college assistant again, even if it was his alma mater. He's looking to be a pro assistant or head.
    Since they did not announce Friday, it will be Tuesday at the earliest.
    You only announce bad news on a Fri so it gets lost during the weekend. Usually announce good news on a Tues, rarely Mon as that is a day to travel and meet a few key people. This being a long weekend might do Wed

  16. #516
    Melvin K. Pearson
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    867

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    https://twitter.com/TechHockeyGuide/...92202724311040

    Bill Muckalt is no longer in the running for the @mtuhky opening. He will rejoin Mel Pearson
    WELCOME BACK HOME, COACH PEARSON!!
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners
    75 All-Americans


    Wolverine Devotee, formerly of MGoBlog
    @UMichWD on Twitter

  17. #517
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,054

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    https://twitter.com/TechHockeyGuide/...92202724311040 Bill Muckalt is no longer in the running for the @mtuhky opening. He will rejoin Mel Pearson
    Unless he wanted to the head coach at Michigan some day, that move makes no sense at all.
    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  18. #518
    Melvin K. Pearson
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    867

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Unless he wanted to the head coach at Michigan some day, that move makes no sense at all.
    Ryan
    Everyone wants to be the head coach at Michigan.
    WELCOME BACK HOME, COACH PEARSON!!
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners
    75 All-Americans


    Wolverine Devotee, formerly of MGoBlog
    @UMichWD on Twitter

  19. #519
    Inspired by Actual Events
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    da tech
    Posts
    5,386

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    That's bizarre. Either he couldn't handle (head) coaching, or Mel's already prepping for retirement, or they gave him a massive raise in salary to give up his dreams of advancing in the coaching world. None of those seems likely. Was there some scandal we didn't hear about?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 12 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 11 guests)

  1. turk181

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •