Thank you...

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtTCwH2mQTA
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Ice Vegas pairings are set. Tech will face BC in the opener.

Comment

Expect MTU to announce the 2017-18 roster and the final assistant coaching spot soon. THG will have some coverage between now and Independence Day on both those items as well as the state of recruiting for MTU.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Expect MTU to announce the 2017-18 roster and the final assistant coaching spot soon. THG will have some coverage between now and Independence Day on both those items as well as the state of recruiting for MTU.
            This is my number 1 worry by far. I wonder since mel has left if things will actually get better on the recruiting front. Given mel being so old and all.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              This is my number 1 worry by far. I wonder since mel has left if things will actually get better on the recruiting front. Given mel being so old and all.
              What exactly is your worry? That Mel over recruited and Shawhan is kinda left with a difficult task where he currently can't offer to a defenseman that could come in before his contract is even done?
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                What exactly is your worry? That Mel over recruited and Shawhan is kinda left with a difficult task where he currently can't offer to a defenseman that could come in before his contract is even done?
                No my worry is that down the line the quality of recruits will change. I hope it increases and I asked questions of the mel show, which he never answered about the quality of recruits.
                I'd really like to see us start to get recruits that are highly sought after.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  No my worry is that down the line the quality of recruits will change. I hope it increases and I asked questions of the mel show, which he never answered about the quality of recruits.
                  I'd really like to see us start to get recruits that are highly sought after.
                  Add about 30,000 staudents, move the campus at least four hours closer to a big city, schedule Minnesota instead of Bemidji every year and award full cost of living stipends. There's a good start to getting those top 20 recruits lining up. Oh and join the Big Ten, Hockey East or the NCHC. Unfortunately most of the D-II schools face similar problems in that regard.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Add about 30,000 staudents, move the campus at least four hours closer to a big city, schedule Minnesota instead of Bemidji every year and award full cost of living stipends. There's a good start to getting those top 20 recruits lining up. Oh and join the Big Ten, Hockey East or the NCHC. Unfortunately most of the D-II schools face similar problems in that regard.
                    I don't think the big city is for everybody. In Canada they turn out many hockey players, who later go to the NHL that came from smaller towns.
                    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                      I don't think the big city is for everybody. In Canada they turn out many hockey players, who later go to the NHL that came from smaller towns.
                      Agreed, and look at other examples UMD, Union, etc build a team and slot in for the short term players.

Comment

Winning consistently will help but I think one thing that most of the really successful programs do is move guys on to the pros. If recruits see that on a regular basis with a team they will want to go there.
                        Speaking of which, are any of Techs undrafted players going to NHL camps? It's been real quiet on that front. Wonder if the camp invites fall off with Mel gone. Sounded like he helped guys over the years get opportunities.
                        Last edited by rustedblades; 06-24-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I believe MTU does cost of attendance...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                            That's true. And there are a few of those who will filter down to Tech or other WCHA schools. But suppose a kid has Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, and Minnesota St in on him along with Tech and Ferris. Full Scholarships on the table for all. Cost of living stipends from Minnesota, ND, UW and now Minnesota St has added that to the mix as well. Now a kid looks as the level of competition. He sees five of the ten conference teams in the bottom 12 and none in the top 20. What are the chances of landing that Top 25 recruit for Ferris or Tech? How much of your recruiting resources do you allocate to chasing players you have 25% chance or less of getting? Tech offers a great education, one of the best facilities in college hockey, a terrific fan base and a beautiful natural setting among other assets. But in a majority of cases, will that be enough to draw very many of the so called "big name" recruits?
                            Last edited by davyd83; 06-25-2017, 05:02 AM.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              That's true. And there are a few of those who will filter down to Tech or other WCHA schools. But suppose a kid has Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, and Minnesota St in on him along with Tech and Ferris. Full Scholarships on the table for all. Cost of living stipends from Minnesota, ND, UW and now Minnesota St has added that to the mix as well. Now a kid looks as the level of competition. He sees five of the ten conference teams in the bottom 12 and none in the top 20. What are the chances of landing that Top 25 recruit for Ferris or Tech? How much of your recruiting resources do you allocate to chasing players you have 25% chance or less of getting? Tech offers a great education, one of the best facilities in college hockey, a terrific fan base and a beautiful natural setting among other assets. But in a majority of cases, will that be enough to draw very many of the so called "big name" recruits?
                              That is the trouble with society today. It's all about the "glitz". Some of these players think they know it all and are uncoachable and have the ego to prove it. Give me the "team" player any day.
                              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                                That is the trouble with society today. It's all about the "glitz". Some of these players think they know it all and are uncoachable and have the ego to prove it. Give me the "team" player any day.
                                https://youtu.be/26mYX7mEepk

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X