• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170528kbq4pu

Comment

I would be fairly surprised if it's not Rolston. They probably came to terms late last week, following his interview.

Comment

Still a 3 man race, the big question is what the ranking was for offers out of the interviews and whether the first choice accepted.
        I think based on the timing, we will be happy.

Comment

Scuttlebut on the MTU hockey FB page was that Rolston passed. Have no idea if that is legit. We will find out Tuesday I suppose...

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
            Scuttlebut on the MTU hockey FB page was that Rolston passed. Have no idea if that is legit. We will find out Tuesday I suppose...
            Sigh, I hope it's not true, I was hoping for him. I hope the final selection isn't a let down.
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
              Sigh, I hope it's not true, I was hoping for him. I hope the final selection isn't a let down.
              Part of me feels like no matter who it is, it will be a let down, it's been built up quite a bit.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Part of me feels like no matter who it is, it will be a let down, it's been built up quite a bit.
                Sure feels like half the fans will perceive it that way.

Comment

Go Tech cannot wait to here who is the new man on campus..

Comment

The press releases states there will be a big announcement Tuesday morning which implies that the candidate will be present. Sooo...which candidate is in Houghton? Can we confirm the locations of the top candidates and whittle it down from there? Where did the candidates stay when they were in Houghton for interviews? A $20 bill to the night clerk at that establishment will probably reveal some names. I doubt they stayed at the Dog House. Or how about a stakeout at the airport?
                    Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 05-28-2017, 11:10 PM.
                    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                    Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      It has, seeing Muckalt go to Michigan and hearing the rumor that Rolston turned it down is a blow, but I definitely would be happy with Ellsworth and have come around a bit on Mikesch, so who knows. I just want it to be over.
                      2005-2006: 7-25-6
                      2006-2007: 18-17-5
                      2007-2008: 14-20-5
                      2008-2009: 6-25-7
                      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

@USCHO: RT @GeorgeSipple: With Muckalt out of running, Asst. coach Joe Shawhan appears to be favorite to become next @mtuhky head coach.

m.***********/USCHO

Comment

Originally posted by sk8shtscor View Post
                          @USCHO: RT @GeorgeSipple: With Muckalt out of running, Asst. coach Joe Shawhan appears to be favorite to become next @mtuhky head coach.

m.***********/USCHO

Hmm...Sipple talks to Mel plenty. Have to wonder how informed George is with this guess. If so, I hope it goes well, was hoping for a different name though!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                            The press releases states there will be a big announcement Tuesday morning which implies that the candidate will be present. Sooo...which candidate is in Houghton? Can we confirm the locations of the top candidates and whittle it down from there? Where did the candidates stay when they were in Houghton for interviews? A $20 bill to the night clerk at that establishment will probably reveal some names. I doubt they stayed at the Dog House. Or how about a stakeout at the airport?
                            We've whittled the list way down but I'm not sure we're comfortable talking about thing that way. have been completely unable to get anyone to say anyone is the next coach.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                              Hmm...Sipple talks to Mel plenty. Have to wonder how informed George is with this guess. If so, I hope it goes well, was hoping for a different name though!
                              Why would Mel have any more info than anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                                Why would Mel have any more info than anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                                He's been in Houghton, at the hockey carnival. Daver tweeted he saw him at the golf course early last week. He probably talks to people. And if it is Shawhan, Mel might communicate with his former assistant and have an idea of what's happening. Not that wild of an idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X