X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    So that tells me, Mel saw no value in Michigan playing Tech when they were a dumpster fire because there was no upside for Michigan, even if they beat Tech.
    This is silly. He didn't play them because he was already playing them or Michigan State at the GLI, which was enough to get a PWR comparison win against the Big Ten.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      This is silly. He didn't play them because he was already playing them or Michigan State at the GLI, which was enough to get a PWR comparison win against the Big Ten.
      I'd have to agree with you, this is a more reasonable assessment. The fact that the ugly helmets didn't have to fly to "the middle of nowhere" (they can stay the eff out for all I care, downstate sucks compared to Gods Country) was just an added bonus for them.
      In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Not to mention. That during that time, Michigan was traveling to NMU and LSSU...don't need 3 up trips.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

THG has confirmed that Bill Muckalt is in Houghton, likely for an interview.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Or his first assignment as U of M assistant is to clean out Mel's old house.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              I choose to believe you have guys in trenchcoats and shades hanging out at the airport, the SDC, and the Pilgrim River Steakhouse. Don't ruin this mental image for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                I choose to believe you have guys in trenchcoats and shades hanging out at the airport, the SDC, and the Pilgrim River Steakhouse. Don't ruin this mental image for me.
                Honestly, pilgrim river sucks. Take them out to fitzgeralds in eagle harbor for whiskey and burnt ends and freighters off the shore
                In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
                  Honestly, pilgrim river sucks. Take them out to fitzgeralds in eagle harbor for whiskey and burnt ends and freighters off the shore
                  Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
                    Fitzgerald's is in Eagle River. No wonder you didn't spot him.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                      Dammit! I grew up 50 miles away and to this day I still screw it up.

My motorcycle route is "cross the bridge, turn left, find water, follow it to people and beer"
                      In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Muckalt was a regular at the Monte Carlo for Tom & Dirk. They're playing tonight. So maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                          I choose to believe you have guys in trenchcoats and shades hanging out at the airport, the SDC, and the Pilgrim River Steakhouse...
                          Head for the safe house guys, the jig is up!

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

The Fitz is the best.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              Denali in Lake Linden!
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

The Fitz is the best place to hang out and drink on Lake Superior.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X