This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Time to get back to thinking about Michigan Tech hockey.

To the current players and recruits.
    This is a great place to play as witnessed by the rabid support of the team.
    We have all been witness to many great performances and there is so much to look forward to in the seasons that are upcoming.
    Luch and L'Esperance are going to be on the path for 30 or more points each next season and Jake Jackson is going to be advancing another step as with Gavin Gould.
    We are solid down the middle with Steman and Smith returning.
    The D is going to be rebuilt, but Mitch Reinke and Mark Auk are going to stabilize the D Corp.
    Goaltending will be a competition again to start the year.

Let's go Huskies, put the work in and get ready for another great year. We are all behind our team and University. Go Tech!!!!
    Last edited by Huskiefan906; 04-25-2017, 05:52 AM.

Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    Time to get back to thinking about Michigan Tech hockey.

To the current players and recruits.
    This is a great place to play as witnessed by the rabid support of the team.
    We have all been witness to many great performances and there is so much to look forward to in the seasons that are upcoming.
    Luch and L'Esperance are going to be on the path for 30 or more points each next season and Jake Jackson is going to be advancing another step as with Gavin Gould.
    We are solid down the middle with Steman and Smith returning.
    The D is going to be rebuilt, but Mitch Reinke and Mark Auk are going to stabilize the D Corp.

Let's go Huskies, put the work in and get ready for another great year. We are all behind our team and University. Go Tech!!!!
    A new thread! I'm just posting here because I felt guilty that my post in the other thread bumped it to the top.

Comment

Thank you for creating a new thread.

Nice comments by Suzanne on the upcoming search in the Mining Gazette.
      Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 04-25-2017, 07:30 AM.
      "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
      Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
        Thank you for creating a new thread.

Nice comments by Suzanne on the upcoming search in the Mining Gazette.
        Pretty much the same sentiments all of us on here have had. Glad to see she's already reaching out to candidates and that ties to the program is not a requirement, finding the right fit is. Hopefully it is a relatively quick and painless process, the longer it draws out the more worried we all will be.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Subscribe
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
            This will be interesting to see. I was on a flight with Angus on his way out of town to California (that kid owns a ****-ton of goalie sticks) and asked him who will be starting for Tech next year. He said something like, "Hopefully Dev gets a chance, but the kid coming in from the USHL is supposed to be really good"
            (Robbie Beydoun - USHL 2016/17 3rd in GAA (2.22) T-5th in Save% (.919) and better in the playoffs)
            Last edited by geezer; 04-25-2017, 08:39 AM.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              This will be interesting to see. I was on a flight with Angus on his way out of town to California (that kid owns a ****-ton of goalie sticks) and asked him who will be starting for Tech next year. He said something like, "Hopefully Dev gets a chance, but the kid coming in from the USHL is supposed to be really good"
              pretty much spot on
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I just hope those first games go better than they did rotating Kero and Wintjes, as we saw that was a disaster.
                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Let me give you an analogy on the emotional side of losing coach Pearson. What has been said is totally true. We knew ahead of time and all that,
                  but.... imagine you have this girl friend. You've romanced her for a while and finally she reluctantly agrees to marry you. But she says, you know I still like Bob over here an awful lot even though bob is married to someone else right now. So you get married and it's incredibly good. you are happy, and your girl friend is happy and everything seems good. Except once in a while you find out she still likes bob an awful lot.... And then bob gets a divorce.
                  So one day your now wife comes in and says, you know I love you and all, but I'm going to go back with Bob. I just have always loved him and this is my chance to be with him.
                  You knew she might leave, you hoped she would stay, you tried like crazy to make her happy, and in the end it hurts like hell when she walks out the door.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Let me give you an analogy on the emotional side of losing coach Pearson. What has been said is totally true. We knew ahead of time and all that,
                    but.... imagine you have this girl friend. You've romanced her for a while and finally she reluctantly agrees to marry you. But she says, you know I still like Bob over here an awful lot even though bob is married to someone else right now. So you get married and it's incredibly good. you are happy, and your girl friend is happy and everything seems good. Except once in a while you find out she still likes bob an awful lot.... And then bob gets a divorce.
                    So one day your now wife comes in and says, you know I love you and all, but I'm going to go back with Bob. I just have always loved him and this is my chance to be with him.
                    You knew she might leave, you hoped she would stay, you tried like crazy to make her happy, and in the end it hurts like hell when she walks out the door.
                    Thanks a lot, now I'm getting ****ed. Buck Fob, he can have that skanky tramp.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Just my suggestion, forget the past in this thread; onward and upward.
                      Keep the old thread going to take out your frustrations.
                      Time to move on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a project for someone with time: Where have coaches come from and how did they do? For example, over the last 30 years how many coaches came from Jr. A HC positions and what was the result in increased wins or losses for their new team? Then, how many were D1 assistants and what happened to those teams? etc.
                        Of course every situation is unique but there might be statistical trends if we had enough replicates to mean anything.
                        One thing I'd posit is that former NHL players under perform because of the meaningless burnish to their reputation getting them hired over a good but unknown "coach".
                        But you'd probably have to separate replacements of a retiree from replacements for someone who got fired for poor performance...
                        Okay, never mind. I'm realizing that all we'd have is a pile of distinct anecdotes.
                        Last edited by geezer; 04-25-2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          That's one incredibly tortured analogy.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            That's one incredibly tortured analogy.

GFM
                            I'm guessing we feel very similar to gopher fans after Lou Holtz left for Notre Dame...except Suzanne was smart enough to not give Mel a "Michigan Clause."

Comment

well here's my list of characteristics we need for the next coach.
                              1. Demonstrated leadership ability
                              2. Connections throughout the hockey world.
                              3. knowledge of the game
                              4. communications ability
                              5. willingness to work extremely hard to get a result.
                              6. gifted recruiter.
                              7. gilt edged reputation.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                              X