X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Given the parting was mutual, I don't think the transfer out of DU is that difficult to explain. Jalliet is returning for his senior year, so Munson would have had to battle with the incoming freshman for the backup job.

The transfer out of Vermont, OTOH, with those numbers as a frosh, looks pretty odd. Disagreement with coaches? Off-ice issue? Couldn't get a spot at an NCHC school, so played at Vermont for a year to prove himself, and then asked to walk-on transfer to a western school that looked like it might have an opening? Tampering (hey, Montgomery did play for Maine )?
    There are some coaches, ( more than a few) in the east, in both the ecac and HE who have a reputation of being hard to play for. Plus politics in the east is rampant.
    I have to say that as time has gone by I am liking Coach Shawhan more and more.He's a players coach.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      There are some coaches, ( more than a few) in the east, in both the ecac and HE who have a reputation of being hard to play for. Plus politics in the east is rampant. I have to say that as time has gone by I am liking Coach Shawhan more and more.He's a players coach.
      They are packed in fairly tight out East, so goes with the territory.

I think the jury is out on Coach Joe yet, though based on his background I would agree more a players coach. Have to see how that all works out. Honestly excited and really curious about this WHOLE NEW staff.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
        ...excited and really curious about this WHOLE NEW staff.
        I'm a bit surprised that the team didn't issue any kind of statement about Gary not returning to the team. The lack of the typical "We'd like to thank Gary... He did a tremendous job... blah, blah..." Makes me think it was a less than cordial departure from the program. I'm sure he felt he was a solid candidate for the head coach position, but a lot of other people did as well.
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          I'm a bit surprised that the team didn't issue any kind of statement about Gary not returning to the team. The lack of the typical "We'd like to thank Gary... He did a tremendous job... blah, blah..." Makes me think it was a less than cordial departure from the program. I'm sure he felt he was a solid candidate for the head coach position, but a lot of other people did as well.
          Ryan J
          I heard from a person in Houghton that he was leaving as soon as the previous coach announced. But you never know about sources, they are wrong a lot so.....
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Does Dallas Steward or Chris Brooks have Twitter handles? I can't find either of them, if not they need to get on the bandwagon
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
              Does Dallas Steward or Chris Brooks have Twitter handles? I can't find either of them, if not they need to get on the bandwagon
              I do not believe they do...and yes they do need to get on the bandwagon.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                I heard from a person in Houghton that he was leaving as soon as the previous coach announced. But you never know about sources, they are wrong a lot so.....
                Have to admit a difficult situation when both are vying for the top job. Hopefully that is all it was.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                  @HkyBrooks

Comment

Dirk will have Joe on WKMJ next Monday at 9:00am for an hour. Just heard on the radio a few minutes ago.
                    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                      Dirk will have Joe on WKMJ next Monday at 9:00am for an hour. Just heard on the radio a few minutes ago.
                      Great! Time to start getting some questions ready

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                        Great! Time to start getting some questions ready
                        Looking forward to any updates Coach may have regarding the players and a goalie.

Comment

• Seems hard to believe in a little over 2 months we will be watching hockey.

Comment

Seems hard to believe in a little over 2 months we will be watching hockey.
                            Either watching hockey, or just swearing at my computer trying to get the WCHA feed to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                              Either watching hockey, or just swearing at my computer trying to get the WCHA feed to work.
                              Speaking of which...do you know if WCHATV automatically renews or if you have to subscribe each year? I want to cancel mine. The feeds we're too choppy or buffered all the time

Comment

Speaking of which...do you know if WCHATV automatically renews or if you have to subscribe each year? I want to cancel mine. The feeds we're too choppy or buffered all the time
                                Really hoping that will be improved with the supposed WCHA app for roku/apple/fire tv that the BSU release mentioned
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X