X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
    Did John MacInnes ever say why he stayed at Tech so many years?
    MacInnes leaving Tech would have been a demotion for him. What better option was out there in his era? Three national championships, six finals appearances (three straight), league championships... I don't think he could have done much better anywhere else than he was already doing at Tech.
    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

You can put Newell Brown on the list now that he's out of a job in AZ.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Today's profile on former Husky Goaltender, Cam Ellsworth:
        http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2017...-cam-ellsworth
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          You're doing great work. We all appreciate it.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Honestly I'd say my top 5 are Rolston, Muckalt, Ellsworth, Payne and Eades.
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              You're doing great work. We all appreciate it.
              I concur, even though I think he has me on ignore lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                I don't think you're far off from the rest of us...but who really knows who Suzanne is talking to.

I concur, even though I think he has me on ignore lol.
                I don't have anyone on ignore on here...not my style
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I don't think you're far off from the rest of us...but who really knows who Suzanne is talking to.

I don't have anyone on ignore on here...not my style
                  I will preface it with the fact I have no clue what I'm talking about, lol. How long does the posting have to be up? Is it a week like Michigan had to do?

Comment

Why do you think Payne? Brown no he'd leave midyear if he had the opportunity. More out of the box. With noMTU connection?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                      Why do you think Payne? Brown no he'd leave midyear if he had the opportunity. More out of the box. With noMTU connection?
                      This will be in his profile but we spoke with two different alums that said Payne would be a "slam dunk."

Comment

I concur with Geezer, you're doing great work and we appreciate it. FWIW, MacInnes was a goalie at Michigan and as a professional.
                        "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                        Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                          I concur with Geezer, you're doing great work and we appreciate it. FWIW, MacInnes was a goalie at Michigan and as a professional.
                          Are you making a case for Ellsworth?

I've been thinking Muckalt (or anyone from a larger program) would be a fight risk and I'd be bummed if they stayed a few years and left the team in this situation again. But as was stated earlier, if they can keep the upward trend going while they are here, it becomes more of a successful program than one successful coach. If they did bolt for a bigger school a successful Tech program would only attract even better candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                            College sports certainly weren't the arms race they are today.
                            What's really amazing is that MacInnes spent over half of his coaching career at Dee Stadium . His namesake didn't open until 1972 and I'm sure it seemed like a palace in comparison.

I think he was a humble man and genuinely enjoyed Michigan Tech, Houghton, and the Copper Country.
                            Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 04-27-2017, 08:19 PM.
                            "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                            Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                              Are you making a case for Ellsworth?

I've been thinking Muckalt (or anyone from a larger program) would be a fight risk and I'd be bummed if they stayed a few years and left the team in this situation again. But as was stated earlier, if they can keep the upward trend going while they are here, it becomes more of a successful program than one successful coach. If they did bolt for a bigger school a successful Tech program would only attract even better candidates.

Depending on how this plays out, one possible scenario is:
                              1) Muckalt becomes MTU HC
                              2) Ellsworth becomes Tri-City HC
                              3) They both succeed in those rolls
                              4) Muckalt moves on to an AHL/top tier college job
                              5) Ellsworth becomes MTU HC

Comment

This will be in his profile but we spoke with two different alums that said Payne would be a "slam dunk."
                                No college recruiting, college contacts? Always the pros, maybe doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X