Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1001

Thread: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

  1. #121
    Shadetree Quantum Mechanic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    BG's Backyard
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by redwing61 View Post
    Some of those guys, sure, but how about Brett Olson and Tanner Kero? Or other guys who are still playing like Clay Wilson, Geoff Kinrade, Steven Seigo or Alex Petan?
    And maybe a current member of the team? I thought I read northern included Diamantoni in their committee

  2. #122
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
    And maybe a current member of the team? I thought I read northern included Diamantoni in their committee
    Yes and that seems to be more common, I think RPI did the same

  3. #123
    Misfit Emeritus Flashy Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    5,211

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Last time around the committee included the Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director, and two former players. One of which is a significant donor. I would expect the same this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

  4. #124
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Some may have tried, but it would be like the Taliban trying to recruit the pope. Suzanne has very deep roots in Houghton/Hancock and bleeds black & gold like nobody else. The passion for Michigan Tech is a large part of her success.
    There are some deep family roots with Suzanne and MTU

  5. #125
    Mighty Techster
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    372

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashy Man View Post
    Last time around the committee included the Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director, and two former players. One of which is a significant donor. I would expect the same this time around.
    Oh gosh, Suzanne is going to pick whoever Tyler Rockwell wants to be his coach.

  6. #126
    Misfit Emeritus Flashy Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    5,211

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by redwing61 View Post
    Oh gosh, Suzanne is going to pick whoever Tyler Rockwell wants to be his coach.
    Yeah…it's definitely not going to work that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

  7. #127
    Burnt Orange Husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    What, me worry?
    Posts
    385

    Lightbulb Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    It's interesting to note that many of the coaching candidates were goalies...
    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
    Abe Lincoln

  8. #128
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,067

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
    It's interesting to note that many of the coaching candidates were goalies...
    just remember that these are guys are one of the following but not necessarily all:
    - potentially interested in the opening
    - potentially someone MTU would be interested in
    - someone currently available

    We have no direct knowledge of any interest from the MTU side of things.

  9. #129
    Burnt Orange Husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    What, me worry?
    Posts
    385

    Cool Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    We have no direct knowledge of any interest from the MTU side of things.
    I stand corrected, coaching prospects. It could end up being a stealth prospect who hasn't even been mentioned. It would be great to know who's applied. Do college hockey coaches have agents like their football counterparts?
    Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 04-30-2017 at 11:41 PM.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
    Abe Lincoln

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
    I stand corrected, coaching prospects. It could end up being a stealth prospect who hasn't even been mentioned. It would be great to know who's applied. Do college hockey coaches have agents like their football counterparts?
    Many do.

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,729

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Someone on here though it'd be a month, and at first it sounded long, but I think that estimate matches up with how long it took for Mel after Jamie was gone. This obviously got a later start.

    Tech Hockey Guide - great job with the articles on the last week on coaching prospects!

    I tried to listen to WKMJ last week, but the day I listened Dirk wasn't working. Has anyone heard Dirk have any comments/thoughts on Mel's departure?

  12. #132
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    Someone on here though it'd be a month, and at first it sounded long, but I think that estimate matches up with how long it took for Mel after Jamie was gone. This obviously got a later start. Tech Hockey Guide - great job with the articles on the last week on coaching prospects! I tried to listen to WKMJ last week, but the day I listened Dirk wasn't working. Has anyone heard Dirk have any comments/thoughts on Mel's departure?

    Anyone heard anything from Naples?

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by giwan View Post
    Anyone heard anything from Naples?
    There was an article in the Grand Forks paper yesterday about Naples. Mostly dealt with NCAA regionals. Not much resolved there. No word on anything from the WCHA. Not a rules year so no rule changes going to affect nor was anything said about points of emphasis.

  14. #134
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    My sources tell me: Ron Rolston is the frontrunner. Job is his if he wants it.

  15. #135
    Misfit Emeritus Flashy Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    5,211

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by buffer side View Post
    My sources tell me: Ron Rolston is the frontrunner. Job is his if he wants it.
    Check your rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

  16. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fox Valley area, WI
    Posts
    9

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    I asked Dirk via email if he thought the last MP show would be the "last" one. He responded "Had a very good idea it might be the last."

    Not much insight, but that was nice he answered. He seemed to sense it coming. Daver has a column in today's DMG, worth a read.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #137
    Mighty Techster
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    372

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech_EE View Post
    I asked Dirk via email if he thought the last MP show would be the "last" one. He responded "Had a very good idea it might be the last."
    I wonder when Mel knew that Red would be retiring. I found it very curious that in this calendar year we've kept adding recruits for next season even though we had enough, and that no press release on NLI signees was ever put out (though Mel promised one on more than one occasion on his show).

  18. #138
    I love (goal) lamp
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,590

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Tech to play in Ice Vegas Invitational January 5-6, other teams are BC, ASU and NMU.

    http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...20170501r0gpqr
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

  19. #139
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,067

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by redwing61 View Post
    I wonder when Mel knew that Red would be retiring. I found it very curious that in this calendar year we've kept adding recruits for next season even though we had enough, and that no press release on NLI signees was ever put out (though Mel promised one on more than one occasion on his show).
    plenty of players did sign NLIs in the fall window and here in the spring. Not sure why they never released anything. I wouldn't read anything into that, although I understand why you are. From what I gather, red did not make his decision until very recently but Manuel may have made his much earlier that he would push hard for Red to choose now as the time to retire.

  20. #140
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,067

    Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

    I certainly hope MTU gets BC on day 1

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •