This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

sweet, hope to see quick dividends on the recruit list.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      sweet, hope to see quick dividends on the recruit list.
      Looks like a big plus for the Tech program. Glad to see him on board.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
        Well, the coaches roster does not list Shuchuck or Steward now, will be interesting to see who takes the final spot.
        Need to make changes as coaches are listed on the roster page. Someone wake up

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
          Well, the coaches roster does not list Shuchuck or Steward now, will be interesting to see who takes the final spot.
          Steward is there. No Shuchuck though, interesting. Job Postings still has Assistant Hockey Coach listed for now.
          https://www.jobs.mtu.edu/postings/5693

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
            Steward is there. No Shuchuck though, interesting. Job Postings still has Assistant Hockey Coach listed for now.
            https://www.jobs.mtu.edu/postings/5693
            He is now, wasn't when I looked
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Guys, I know he might not be with the program much longer and so there's little need to commit it to memory, but it's S-h-u-c-h-u-k. Only one 'c.'

Comment

Congratulations to Coach Steward, welcome to the Huskies.

Now just one piece to the puzzle left to go. THG throwing John Scott's name out there. He would be an interesting choice, name recognition and defense. But, can Tech afford to turn the D over to a first time coach??

Too bad that "can't seek or negotiate" clause wasn't in Pearson's contract. 20/20 hindsight eh?? Then again maybe he wouldn't have ever signed it if it was.

Maybe that clause is what got Rolston and Muckalt to walk away?? If they were looking at the job as short-term..

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                  THG throwing John Scott's name out there. He would be an interesting choice, name recognition and defense. But, can Tech afford to turn the D over to a first time coach??
                  I can't see him moving his wife and kids to Houghton (away from her family in Traverse City) so that he can in turn be on the road away from them half the time. He's a family man now, life in TC is good, and I would make the same choice if I were in his shoes.

Comment

• Too bad that "can't seek or negotiate" clause wasn't in Pearson's contract. 20/20 hindsight eh?? Then again maybe he wouldn't have ever signed it if it was.

Maybe that clause is what got Rolston and Muckalt to walk away?? If they were looking at the job as short-term..
                    Bingo. After reading the contract I'm happier with the selection. I would have liked to see him at $275,000 or slightly higher for precedent.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                      I can't see him moving his wife and kids to Houghton (away from her family in Traverse City) so that he can in turn be on the road away from them half the time. He's a family man now, life in TC is good, and I would make the same choice if I were in his shoes.
                      Not sure I see John as being that good a choice. Name recognition is or will be gone quickly. He is fun, smart but not sure he has coaching interest.

Stewart sounds great, does he have a connection with Joe?

Comment

Hiring John Scott as an assistant coach is a BAD idea. Why would you hire someone with zero coaching experience to be an integral part of the staff when you are looking to build on the recent upward trend in the program? There has to be someone better out there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Exhibit A, Ted Donato:
                          http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=32184

Straight from NHL/AHL player to NCAA head coach.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Exhibit A, Ted Donato:
                            http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=32184

Straight from NHL/AHL player to NCAA head coach.
                            If Tech does hire him, I hope I am terribly wrong about Scott, but I don't see him being the next Ted Donato.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                              If Tech does hire him, I hope I am terribly wrong about Scott, but I don't see him being the next Ted Donato.
                              Agreed. Remember earlier this year when Tech Hockey Guide published an out-of-place article in which ShirtlessGuy and his friends gush about their interactions with Scott (or life-size cutouts of him)? THG usually provides reasoned analysis, but on this subject their fandom gets in the way. He's not coming up here to coach.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                                Agreed. Remember earlier this year when Tech Hockey Guide published an out-of-place article in which ShirtlessGuy and his friends gush about their interactions with Scott (or life-size cutouts of him)? THG usually provides reasoned analysis, but on this subject their fandom gets in the way. He's not coming up here to coach.
                                You think he has no interest in coaching, he'd be a bad choice as coach, or that we're not objective about the subject (or some combination of all three)?

Seriously, we were trying to help the guy promote his book and get some page views...until the coaching search, our review of his book was the most popular thing we had ever published.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X