Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Early bird season tickets now on sale.

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170602h0uhww

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      Early bird season tickets now on sale. http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170602h0uhww
      Impressed they updated the coaches roster. I've seen that drag on in the past. Momentum

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
        Impressed they updated the coaches roster. I've seen that drag on in the past. Momentum
        It still says Gary Shuchuck is an assistant.
        Last edited by bose301s; 06-05-2017, 12:04 PM.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

I thought this was well written. Obviously Shawhan has been at all three UP schools, and all three had openings in the last couple of years and he got the job at the last opening of the three. I don't know if he applied at NMU or not. I think it kind of shows how LSSU/NMU are in a different spot, trying to build a program vs. Tech trying to hire coach to maintain and improve a good culture.

http://pucksandrecreation.com/joe-sh...michigan-tech/

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
            Want to buy Mel's house in Chassell? He'll sell it to you for about 400k.
            It has to be on the lake, right?

Comment

I thought Warde Manuel bought it as part of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                It has to be on the lake, right?
                Not quite but across the road from it. Probably has lake access allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                  It still says Gary Shuchuck is an assistant.
                  Well he is, unless someone heard different

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                    Not quite but across the road from it. Probably has lake access allowed.
                    It's on the lake side of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                      It's on the lake side of the road.

47.052200,-88.517873

Comment

So do you figure another week before the assistants are named?

Any news or quotes from Cam in the newspapers out East?

Comment

Dallas Steward named A.C..

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170606m0wrti

Comment

Dallas Steward Named Assistant Hockey Coach

Jun 06, 2017
                            HOUGHTON, Mich. – Michigan Tech head hockey coach Joe Shawhan announced the hiring of Dallas Steward as an assistant coach on Tuesday (June 6). Steward comes to Tech from the Chicago Steel where he was an associate head coach with the team that just won the Clark Cup as USHL champions.

"We're very excited to have an individual the caliber of Dallas join our program," Shawhan said. "He's had success follow him being part of two of the last three USHL Championships. He has a strong recruiting network and his character and ethics will be a great addition to our hockey program."

"I'm really looking forward to joining the rich tradition of Michigan Tech," Steward said. "Our goal is to continue the current trend of Husky hockey and build on the recent successes of the program."

Steward was with the Steel for two seasons. The 2016-17 team went 38-17-2 in the regular season, defeated Youngstown and Dubuque in the first two rounds of the playoffs, and won the championship with an overtime win over Sioux City in Game 5 of the Clark Cup.

Steward started his coaching career with the Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL) as an assistant coach and scouting director from 2011-15. He helped lead the team to three consecutive playoff berths and a Clark Cup title in 2014-15.

Steward played 138 games over four years at the University of Alaska Anchorage from 2000-04. He scored 27 goals and added 32 assists as a forward, was an assistant captain as a senior, and a three-time WCHA All-Academic selection. Steward went on to play six years of professional hockey in both the CHL and ECHL from 2004-10.

Prior to college, Steward played three seasons with the Green Bay Gamblers, winning the Clark Cup in 2000. He amassed a total of 74 points over three seasons with the Gamblers, including 18 goals and 27 assists in their championship season.

The Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin native has a bachelor's degree in journalism and public communication from UAA. Him and his wife Janet have a daughter Jade.
                            "Him and his wife have..."? Oh man, my school produces excellent engineers and scientists left and right, but very few alumni can write.

Comment

And he has a journalism and communication degree. They should have let him proofread it.

Comment

Well, the coaches roster does not list Shuchuck or Steward now, will be interesting to see who takes the final spot.
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X