This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

For the second week in a row (per the posted line chart), Mikaela Gardner missing.

The reigning WCHA Offensive Player of the Week is playing defense today. :-O

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      For the second week in a row (per the posted line chart), Mikaela Gardner missing.

The reigning WCHA Offensive Player of the Week is playing defense today. :-O
      Apparently she is out indefinitely per the St. Cloud broadcast last week. Upper body injury......code for concussion. That sucks. Moving Rowe back to D indefinitely will screw up the line combos and all the yummy chemistry they had developed.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Apparently she is out indefinitely per the St. Cloud broadcast last week. Upper body injury......code for concussion. That sucks. Moving Rowe back to D indefinitely will screw up the line combos and all the yummy chemistry they had developed.
        I find it harder to pay attention to line combinations watching on the computer. but at least once in the third period yesterday, I noticed the "Roque and Rowe" line out on the ice.

Comment

• It's pretty quiet over here in this thread. Anyone out there have any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            It's pretty quiet over here in this thread. Anyone out there have any thoughts?
            I didn't see any of the games, but I did an analysis back in this thread that clearly showed this team has a hard time on the road scoring and they allow more goals on the road than at home. They are missing one of their top D, and her replacement is a forward off the top line, so the lines are all jumbled up, but injuries are part of the game, so they have to work through it.

No one on this thread has ever touted this team is a top 4 team considering how much scoring they lost and Sophie Shirley did not come this year, and they had no established goaltender, it's been a complete happy surprise that they have run away with the wcha regular season and have been #1 all season. Based on what I have seen, they could be one and done in the wcha tourney considering their road issues, but hopefully get an ncaa home game and get into the FF, but I don't have a feeling of certainty like I have in past seasons.

This is the worst time of the season to go through growing pains. They could implode or they can get out of this stronger. Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              I didn't see any of the games, but I did an analysis back in this thread that clearly showed this team has a hard time on the road scoring and they allow more goals on the road than at home. They are missing one of their top D, and her replacement is a forward off the top line, so the lines are all jumbled up, but injuries are part of the game, so they have to work through it.

No one on this thread has ever touted this team is a top 4 team considering how much scoring they lost and Sophie Shirley did not come this year, and they had no established goaltender, it's been a complete happy surprise that they have run away with the wcha regular season and have been #1 all season. Based on what I have seen, they could be one and done in the wcha tourney considering their road issues, but hopefully get an ncaa home game and get into the FF, but I don't have a feeling of certainty like I have in past seasons.

This is the worst time of the season to go through growing pains. They could implode or they can get out of this stronger. Time will tell.
              The Badgers will be fine and as someone said, do not wake up a sleeping badger! The Buckeyes are indeed a pleasant surprise and should now be in the discussion.

Comment

No one on this thread has ever touted this team is a top 4 team
                Are you kidding me?

OTOH, even the best teams are going to lose one or two, nobody can go a whole season unbeaten. The Badgers are still a heavy favorite, they are a very solid team & you can't worry about one lost weekend.
                Last edited by ne7minder; 02-04-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  OTOH, even the best teams are going to lose one or two, nobody can go a whole season unbeaten.
                  Ah, how quickly we forget....
                  http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...n-hockey-title
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    I don't take the game as life or death and really try not to get too high or too low over the results on the ice. I was trying to be supporting. But that was intentional, I did need to get that dig in there.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                      The Badgers are still a heavy favorite, they are a very solid team & you can't worry about one lost weekend.
                      Heavy favorite. Cute. BSU takes them for a tie and OT loss, St. Cloud was a handful Sunday, barely won, OSU brooms UW. The WCHA tourney is wide open.

UW is not that great on the road. The wcha tourney is on the road. They get deprived of a some series to get some good juju back in the wcha tourney - assuming they still win the wcha title.

This team has to have Shaver, Norby, Roque, Wellhausen and Kepler make things happen. The freshmen F's are not dominant and will not be, these players have to make it happen. The d will always be great, the O is questionable. It's a pleasant surprise they performed as well as they did for as long as they did, but they were performing a little over their heads considering they lost so much scoring.

The team can splinter apart or pull it together. UMD is no pushover, this weekend will tell the tale. OSU has 4 winnable games, they could run the table, UW needs to go 1-3 to clinch the wcha. That seems likely, but it's a bad trend now, not just a isolated blip on the screen.

Comment

Heavy favorite. Cute. BSU takes them for a tie and OT loss, St. Cloud was a handful Sunday, barely won, OSU brooms UW. The WCHA tourney is wide open.

UW is not that great on the road. The wcha tourney is on the road. They get deprived of a some series to get some good juju back in the wcha tourney - assuming they still win the wcha title.

This team has to have Shaver, Norby, Roque, Wellhausen and Kepler make things happen. The freshmen F's are not dominant and will not be, these players have to make it happen. The d will always be great, the O is questionable. It's a pleasant surprise they performed as well as they did for as long as they did, but they were performing a little over their heads considering they lost so much scoring.

The team can splinter apart or pull it together. UMD is no pushover, this weekend will tell the tale. OSU has 4 winnable games, they could run the table, UW needs to go 1-3 to clinch the wcha. That seems likely, but it's a bad trend now, not just a isolated blip on the screen.
                        We need to have a 'confidence in our team' contest

Comment

I'm too lazy to do the actual research, but my memory is that the last time the Badgers did not have an All-American in goal was during the Eisenhower Administration. When you have goaltending, you are always in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                            I'm too lazy to do the actual research, but my memory is that the last time the Badgers did not have an All-American in goal was during the Eisenhower Administration. When you have goaltending, you are always in the game.
                            There was one year between Vetter graduating and Rigsby arriving; 2009-2010 season.

Now, that year, goalie was not the only 'problem'; it was on Olympic year, Mark Johnson was away coaching the national team, and he had Knight and Duggan away with him. They weren't bad by any means; they would regularly outshoot teams, but end up with a split on the weekend. I remember regularly thinking to myself walking home from games "there is nothing wrong with this team that planting Hilary Knight in front of goal wouldn't fix" (and then freshman Breanna Decker broke her arm and missed the last third or so of the year). And the extra playing time that guys like Ammerman, Prevost, Kelly Nash got that year paid off big-time the next year. I think of the 2011 Wisconsin championship as belonging to Tracey DeKeyser as much as to Johnson.

(BTW: My Sunday newspaper reminded me it was also the only other time Ohio State swept a two-game series from UW: first round WCHA playoffs, at the Eagles Nest.)
                            Last edited by robertearle; 02-05-2018, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                              We need to have a 'confidence in our team' contest
                              Right now UW sucks more than UM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                                Their problem is scoring, Campbell is doing a fantastic job, so is the D corps. They lost 1-0 & 3-1. Only scoring 2 goals on a weekend isn't going to win many games, allowing 1.5 should win you 2 games (not counting the eng).

Comment

Working...
                                X