X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    Such an odd reply. There's simply no connection to what I wrote.

Heritage? What I actually said was that we have facilities challenges and that a new building remains a need. Everyone here would welcome a new facility. There is no preservationist movement. Nobody is saying that the Ice Rink is like Wrigley or Fenway.

Player pride? What I actually said was that the players are oblivious to the minor issue of the breezeway. My point is that the facility is now functional enough so that its limitations need no longer be a distraction for the players.

Diluted Facts? I gave you additional factual detail; a fuller story. Didn't work for you. That I can shrug off. But why the snark? It's not like we're asking the visiting teams to accept the "controversial" locker room arrangement.
    You just can't help yourself, can you... Unbelievable...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Netminder View Post
      You just can't help yourself, can you... Unbelievable...
      Telling the OSU Ice Rink's story isn't wrong.

Choosing to embrace the building's quirks is a positive approach; a good thing.

I've had a lot of fun there over the years. It's a humble home, but some degree of loyalty is perfectly appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
        I'm calling it the "Roque and Rowe" line.

Yeah, I hear it.
        Love it! I have to say I was shocked to see Rowe out there on that line, but she's earned it. It was cool late in the 3rd Saturday they were double shifting her to try and get the hatty. It sucked to be denied ice cream by 1 second Saturday.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
          Telling the OSU Ice Rink's story isn't wrong.

Choosing to embrace the building's quirks is a positive approach; a good thing.

I've had a lot of fun there over the years. It's a humble home, but some degree of loyalty is perfectly appropriate.
          Let’s see how much fun the upcoming weekend will be with the Badgers visiting. If the Buckeyes play like they did against the Gophers, it will be an exciting weekend. If they are porous defensively like they were last weekend against the Bulldogs, you shouldn’t expect much.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
            Let’s see how much fun the upcoming weekend will be with the Badgers visiting. If the Buckeyes play like they did against the Gophers, it will be an exciting weekend. If they are porous defensively like they were last weekend against the Bulldogs, you shouldn’t expect much.
            Wisconsin is not playing their best hockey right now and they this season are not playing as well on the road as at home. It's hard to evaluate OSU after the last 2 weeks to know what to expect. My brain says splitsville.

Comment

Let’s see how much fun the upcoming weekend will be with the Badgers visiting.
              Win or lose, it's always enjoyable to watch the top teams in action. Obviously it's more fun to win. But the games will be time well spent, regardless of outcome.

BTW & FWIW, the "fun" mentioned in my quote goes way beyond supporting the Women's D-1 team. Among other things, I was one of the organizers of a recreational hockey group for many years...

If the Buckeyes play like they did against the Gophers, it will be an exciting weekend. If they are porous defensively like they were last weekend against the Bulldogs, you shouldn’t expect much.
              Quite so.

Comment

Second '21-'22 recruit for Wisconsin, F Marianne Picard.

Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Recruit Alert!

Marianne Picard (Stanstead College) commits to University of Wisconsin for 2021-2022 @MariannePic12 @stanstead1872 @BadgerWHockey

I quick scan of the interweb doesn't reveal what position she plays or any stats, unless you can read the French on page 2 of google; maybe it's in there.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                    Second '21-'22 recruit for Wisconsin, F Marianne Picard.

I see someone else was reading twitter at lunch, LOL. Great job.

Her team has 61 games scheduled all over the place. She should be more than ready for the rigors of the college season.
                    Last edited by Timothy A; 01-31-2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I see someone else was reading twitter at lunch, LOL. Great job.

Her team has 61 games scheduled all over the place. She should be more than ready for the rigors of the college season.
                      I'm watching the football transfer window news and saw that come in as well.

I see that she's a forward based on one recruiting site. Might be wrong though.
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                        I'm watching the football transfer window news and saw that come in as well.

I see that she's a forward based on one recruiting site. Might be wrong though.
                        She is a forward in 9th grade

http://www.stansteadcollege.com/athl...-girls/roster/

Her team mates Audrey-Anne Veillette and Laurence Frenette are Clarkson commits
                        Last edited by vicb; 01-31-2018, 01:26 PM.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                          She is a forward in 9th grade

http://www.stansteadcollege.com/athl...-girls/roster/

Her team mates Audrey-Anne Veillette and Laurence Frenette are Clarkson commits
                          Good, UW needs to be plucking commits from them and not UM, they are all washed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Good, UW needs to be plucking commits from them and not UM, they are all washed up.
                            Once again, Madison is the training ground for Canada’s future Olympians

Comment

• Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
                              Once again, Madison is the training ground for Canada’s future Olympians
                              The American Olympians all head to Minnesota so better to have the Canucks than nothing at all.

Comment

The American Olympians all head to Minnesota so better to have the Canucks than nothing at all.
                                Four Badgers on the US team this year, five on the Canadian team. It would have been five and five, but it went to four when Pankowski was cut

Comment

Working...
                                X