X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by upfromtheminors View Post
    If Wisco is also-rans, I would hate to see what you think of Clarkson and BC.
    next time you Google, have your mother do it for you
    Clarkson beat WI for the championship last year
    as for BC, yes, also-rans
    it may be the battle of the wanna-bees this year
    ... or maybe not

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Pretty crazy, yeah we beat up on eachother and Clarkson walks in the back door. Next year both UW and UM are going undefeated with all the firepower they have even if UM doesn't find a sieve with smaller or less holes.
    you are aware that people can click the icon by the name of the person quoted and get back to the alleged quote, right?
    not sure where you got "my " quote, but it wasn't me
    in fact. I had to edit your post to quote you properly
    my advice Tim, is forget about being a crook, especially computer or IT related crime
    Last edited by pokechecker; 01-26-2018, 10:59 AM. Reason: it's a tough job, but somebody has to do it

Comment

Originally posted by upfromtheminors View Post
      I honestly don't know anyone who types more and says less.
      I suppose if you look up from the keyboard and see the reflection in the monitor you'll find the "anyone"...

Hey, you teed it up...
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
        I was wrong after all.
        You aren’t a minor leaguer, you are a pee wee.
        That's harsh but at least you didn't call him a mite...

Try going to bed early tonight, and try again tomorrow.
        See, this is the thing...You are capable of offering good advice every now and then...
        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-26-2018, 11:08 AM.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          That's harsh but at least you didn't call him a mite...

See, this is the thing...You are capable of offering good advice every now and then...
          He could have been harsher and said that upfromtheminors was cut from the pee wees and the mites didn't want him either. Another sign of the apocalypse, pokechecker giving good advice? I always read his posts though. At times he can be somewhat informative and entertaining when he isn't just being vitriolic.
          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-26-2018, 11:58 AM. Reason: More question than statement.
          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
            He could have been harsher and said that upfromtheminors was cut from the pee wees and the mites didn't want him either. Another sign of the apocalypse, pokechecker giving good advice? I always read his posts though. At times he can be somewhat informative and entertaining when he isn't just being vitriolic.
            Vitriolic is an awesome word. I have to remember that one. Pokey is almost bipolar or something, but the vitriol is amusing, even if I get it via a quote error done in a rush at work. Jerk.

It's a great day for hockey!

I'm so sad/mad UW is getting screwed out of home games in the playoffs. Only 4 to 5 home games left, the season has flown by. I am considering a trip to rodentapolis for the wcha thing, that's how desperate I am to see more UW hockey in person.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Vitriolic is an awesome word. I have to remember that one. Pokey is almost bipolar or something, but the vitriol is amusing, even if I get it via a quote error done in a rush at work. Jerk.
              The vitriol is not amusing, particularly last year when he made comments suggesting the players are lesbeans. He does not deserve to be part of the conversation here.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                The vitriol is not amusing, particularly last year when he made comments suggesting the players are lesbeans. He does not deserve to be part of the conversation here.
                Well, I like the word, but a comment about lesbians is not appropriate nor acceptable.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'm so sad/mad UW is getting screwed out of home games in the playoffs.
                  I do understand where you're coming from; the games really are that much fun.

But seriously now. Any of the other six teams would gladly accept a regular season banner and two automatic wins in the first round of the playoffs. And you know that the UW players and coaches are on board with this.

Only 4 to 5 home games left, the season has flown by. I am considering a trip to rodentapolis for the wcha thing, that's how desperate I am to see more UW hockey in person.
                  You should go!

[SERMON]
                  One bit of unsolicited advice. Upfront, I'm not raising any serious objection to the "rodentapolis" thing. But I'm just going to take a wild guess: You're one of those fans who wears the team gear 24/7 on road trips.

Now of course you'll wear the gear to the games. But my advice: Go incognito during the tourist time. You'll have a much better experience. There's no reason to walk around town with a chip on your shoulder. Whatever your taste: restaurants, bars, museums, lakes, theaters... the Twin Cities are awesome. At the end of the weekend, you might even be willing to say "Minneapolis."

BTW, I do practice what I preach. Especially in Michigan. But also in Wisconsin. Love the summertime roadside cherry stands in Traverse City, MI. Can't resist Kopp's Custard in Milwuakee, WI. And Annie's Parlour in Minneapolis, MN? Not to be missed. Why ruin those experiences by trying to start a fan battle?

Many moons ago, I had the idea that wearing visiting team gear might be a good conversation starter. It didn't take me long to reject that theory.
                  [/SERMON]

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I'm so sad/mad UW is getting screwed out of home games in the playoffs. Only 4 to 5 home games left, the season has flown by.
                    Maybe you could start a GoFundMe for UND Women's hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

[SERMON]
                      One bit of unsolicited advice. Upfront, I'm not raising any serious objection to the "rodentapolis" thing. But I'm just going to take a wild guess: You're one of those fans who wears the team gear 24/7 on road trips.

Now of course you'll wear the gear to the games. But my advice: Go incognito during the tourist time. You'll have a much better experience. There's no reason to walk around town with a chip on your shoulder. Whatever your taste: restaurants, bars, museums, lakes, theaters... the Twin Cities are awesome. At the end of the weekend, you might even be willing to say "Minneapolis."

BTW, I do practice what I preach. Especially in Michigan. But also in Wisconsin. Love the summertime roadside cherry stands in Traverse City, MI. Can't resist Kopp's Custard in Milwuakee, WI. And Annie's Parlour in Minneapolis, MN? Not to be missed. Why ruin those experiences by trying to start a fan battle?

Many moons ago, I had the idea that wearing visiting team gear might be a good conversation starter. It didn't take me long to reject that theory.
                      [/SERMON]
                      Wisco fans are harmless, unlike Oakland & Philadelphia fans for example. When they win they gloat and drink beer, when they lose they still drink beer, sheepishly & silently, except for the occasional reference to the Vikings futility at winning a Super Bowl (or more recently, failure to win an NFC championship). Their gloating can sometimes get them in trouble though, like when 16 of them pursued one Viking fan to gloat about a Packer win, and then cornered and forced to fight, the Viking fan kicked the crap out of two of them and managed to run from the others (tough to run with a beer belly and ¾ drunk). That pretty much sums up Wi fans, ‘lotta talk, and a ‘lotta beer, they are humorous , if you don’t take it seriously.

Comment

Well, I like the word, but a comment about lesbians is not appropriate nor acceptable.
                        Yes. It also diminishes any argument or point someone's trying to make.
                        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          Maybe you could start a GoFundMe for UND Women's hockey.
                          Oh, GoFundMe! I read it so quickly I thought you said something else entirely! Phew! Lol

Comment

Wisco fans are harmless, unlike Oakland & Philadelphia fans for example. When they win they gloat and drink beer, when they lose they still drink beer, sheepishly & silently, except for the occasional reference to the Vikings futility at winning a Super Bowl (or more recently, failure to win an NFC championship). Their gloating can sometimes get them in trouble though, like when 16 of them pursued one Viking fan to gloat about a Packer win, and then cornered and forced to fight, the Viking fan kicked the crap out of two of them and managed to run from the others (tough to run with a beer belly and ¾ drunk). That pretty much sums up Wi fans, ‘lotta talk, and a ‘lotta beer, they are humorous , if you don’t take it seriously.
                            My little sermon was directed toward visiting fans. Most home fans aren't going to feel threatened by a small number of visitors, or at the least they shouldn't. You obviously aren't intimidated, and that's good.

But visiting colors are going to draw the ire of a portion of the home fan base, even if it's only a small minority. If the away team fan wants to enjoy the city they've traveled to, better just to leave the fan battle part of the trip at the rink.

More to your point, there are certain NFL stadiums I'd decline to visit. Even if still a minority, the percentage of jerks is just too high. Eagles & Raiders? Yeah, those two would make my "don't bother going" list.

Happily, I can't think of a single college hockey rink I'd refuse to visit, Women's or Men's.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                              Oh, GoFundMe! I read it so quickly I thought you said something else entirely! Phew! Lol
                              No, that other thing you thought you read was what I would say to UND fans.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                                Happily, I can't think of a single college hockey rink I'd refuse to visit, Women's or Men's.
                                Thanks for this.

I could not agree more.
                                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Working...
                                X