X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Added together, it hasn't shown an ability to challenge Ohio State, let alone Wisconsin...
    I'd love if the UW players were here to speak for themselves, but I'd bet they'd say they felt plenty challenged at Ridder back in October.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      I'd love if the UW players were here to speak for themselves, but I'd bet they'd say they felt plenty challenged at Ridder back in October.
      True, the Gophers have their moments, but in the standings, I doubt that the Badgers feel too challenged. Especially when we've seen races between these teams come down to a point or two.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        True, the Gophers have their moments, but in the standings, I doubt that the Badgers feel too challenged. Especially when we've seen races between these teams come down to a point or two.
        The Badgers know all too well from last year, it only takes one 'moment'. I look at the Pairwise these days with one and only one thing in mind: how do we get Minnesota down to #8, so they aren't coming to Madison in March.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          I look at the Pairwise these days with one and only one thing in mind: how do we get Minnesota down to #8, so they aren't coming to Madison in March.
          Of late, the Gophers are doing a good job of that w/o any help from Bucky. I'd say that the advantage that Minnesota has over any other random team that might play a quarter in Madison is that it has players who've a) played and won in Madison; and b) have experienced defeating the Badgers in March. Other than that, I think the name is more formidable than the team this year.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Both teams lost two players to the Olympics, but the Gophers also lost a highly prized freshman. In addition, the Badgers got the NCAA statistical leading goalie, and their captain and leading goal scorer in transfer. So where is the mystery?

Not an excuse, just the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
              Both teams lost two players to the Olympics, but the Gophers also lost a highly prized freshman. In addition, the Badgers got the NCAA statistical leading goalie, and their captain and leading goal scorer in transfer. So where is the mystery?

While Wisconsin is formidable and probably the team to beat, I still think there are probably 5 teams that can win it all this year. The one and your out makes winning in all fragile. Keplers 19 points this year has been a nice addition, can you imagine if we could bring in 51 transfer points like the gophers have this year? Too bad Peckerchecker does not appreciate his goalies, Peters and Gulstene are both fantastic players. Seems rather easy to blame the goalies when things are not going well.

Comment

Originally posted by upfromtheminors View Post
                While Wisconsin is formidable and probably the team to beat, I still think there are probably 5 teams that can win it all this year. The one and your out makes winning in all fragile. Keplers 19 points this year has been a nice addition, can you imagine if we could bring in 51 transfer points like the gophers have this year? Too bad Peckerchecker does not appreciate his goalies, Peters and Gulstene are both fantastic players. Seems rather easy to blame the goalies when things are not going well.
                Not satisfied with playing with less than a full deck intellectually, now you’ve decided to be dishonest, and a liar too?

Lie- your comment about my opinion of the Gopher goalies, I have certainly never blamed them. Perhaps your little brain is confusing me with other Gopher fans. Things like that happen when you get mad and lose control of what little cognitive “gifts” you have.

Twisting of facts and distortion, cherry picking facts, - The Gophers didn’t add 51 points to their roster thru transfer this year, they added those players one and two seasons ago. You totally ignore the impact of Campbell, the NCAA statistical leader among goalies, and consequently a strong argument for best goalie in the NCAA, and minimize the impact of Kepler.

One of the major tasks of a college coach is to be constantly vigilant of improving the roster which will lose players every year, not to mention may be negatively affected by injury. And for top teams which have a high probability of losing their top players to the Olympics, it is even more important to bring in a transfer or two. The Badgers hit pay-dirt with those two, while they would still be one of the top teams without them, add them to an opponent’s roster and they would likely be looking up rather than down at the other team in the rankings and standings.
                Last edited by pokechecker; 01-25-2018, 12:38 PM. Reason: change your name, you haven't attained the major league yet

Comment

Aren't your top 3 scorers transfers?

What is that quote? "You can't handle the truth!" Wisconsin also lost a highly prized recruit when Sophie Shirley did not come this year. She was their #1 forward in the recruiting class and a top 3 talent from what I gather. UW has freshmen F's up and down the lineup, including an all freshman 4th line. The 2 freshmen D have been in the 6 D rotation from day 1, and paired together. Campbell was a total unknown coming in, she played in 5 games last year for the sue and had a horrible .894 save %. I think the 4 goalies on the roster had a combined 9 ncaa starts to start the season.

A bit of a scary series this weekend. St. Cloud is playing well since the break and gave UW a pretty hard time a month ago. UW is coming off a not so great performance last weekend. Hopefully Norby is healthy and the rest of the team doesn't have any bugs in their system. It is confirmed the band will be at the last 4 games of the year. I am happy but I am rattling some cages about the lack of a band on twitter.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

[QUOTE=Timothy A;6592409]Aren't your top 3 scorers transfers?

What is that quote? "You can't handle the truth!" Wisconsin also lost a highly prized recruit when Sophie Shirley did not come this year. She was their #1 forward in the recruiting class and a top 3 talent from what I gather. UW has freshmen F's up and down the lineup, including an all freshman 4th line. The 2 freshmen D have been in the 6 D rotation from day 1, and paired together. Campbell was a total unknown coming in, she played in 5 games last year for the sue and had a horrible .894 save %. I think the 4 goalies on the roster had a combined 9 ncaa starts to start the season.

QUOTE]

the 2nd, 5th, and 15th, and your point is?

with so many goalies, the question has to be asked why would Johnson bring in yet another one if she were just an "unknown"?

the original question was why is MN down and so far behind WI this year (not the exact wording, but the basic question), the answer as I said was losing one more player to the Olympics than WI, and Wi adding Campbell & Kepler
                    so again, what is the mystery? seems obvious to me when one team loses players and the other gains

Comment

"with so many goalies, the question has to be asked why would Johnson bring in yet another one if she were just an "unknown"?"

IIRC, Badger assistant Jackie Friezen knew Campbell from 'before' somewhere, and had tried to recruit her to UW before Campbell chose UND. So calling Campbell a 'total unknown' is not accurate. On the other hand, with so little game experience before her transfer, it is clearly fair to say she was something of an unknown. Like every freshman is their first year, etc.

Comment

[QUOTE=pokechecker;6592414]
                        Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Aren't your top 3 scorers transfers?

QUOTE]

the 2nd, 5th, and 15th, and your point is?

with so many goalies, the question has to be asked why would Johnson bring in yet another one if she were just an "unknown"?

the original question was why is MN down and so far behind WI this year (not the exact wording, but the basic question), the answer as I said was losing one more player to the Olympics than WI, and Wi adding Campbell & Kepler
                        so again, what is the mystery? seems obvious to me when one team loses players and the other gains
                        The "facts" as I see it: I originally started this to prove a point. But holy ****! Look at how remarkably similar these numbers are!

Players lost this year
                        Pannek vs Clark = Push
                        Potomak vs Pankowski = Push
                        Potamak vs Shirley = Push (These players were ranked #1 and #2 in their class, neither have played a min. in NCAA and have proven nothing.)

Goalies:
                        Wisconsin: Cambell - Transfer from UND With 5 Career games
                        Minnesota: 5th year Senior in Peters and team USA gold medal winner Gulstene

Transfer Scoring:
                        Wisconsin 19 pts
                        Minnesota 51 pts

Freshman D starting and playing regular shift:
                        Wisconsin 2 vs Minnesota 2

Sophomore D starting and playing regular shift:
                        Wisconsin 1 vs Minnesota 1

Forwards playing regular shift by class (not 4th line)
                        Wisconsin Freshman 2 vs Minnesota Freshman 2
                        Wisconsin Sophomores 3 vs Minnesota Sophormores 3
                        Wisconsin Juniors 2 vs Minnesota Juniors 2
                        Wisconsin Seniors 2 vs Minnesota Seniors 2

4th Line:
                        Wisconsin 3 Freshman vs Minnesota 3 Juniors

Graduation major losses:
                        Wisconsin - Sarah Nurse (Olympian) ARD (Olympian/Patty Kaz)
                        Minnesota - Danny Cam (Olympian) Lee Stecklien (Olympian)

As we all fall asleep on Clarkson! Maybe by the way the last couple years have went we should be comparing our roster to theirs? Should you fear your enemy standing in front of you or behind you? #respectouttoClarkson!
                        Last edited by upfromtheminors; 01-26-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I was wrong after all.
                          You aren’t a minor leaguer, you are a pee wee.

I hope you didn’t expend too much time and cognitive resources compiling that list, it would have been better put to use putting on your clothes your mother spent so much time cleaning, ironing, and laying carefully on your bed (which she made while you were struggling with your gOOgling).

The proof of your mental struggle is the decreasing relevance of each “fact” as you present them until ultimately your final statement is incomplete, you didn’t even include the Badger captain nor the player who made the most significant contribution to the Gopher championship game win in 2015. Apparently the mental exercise was too much work for you.

Speaking of which you call the comparison of Gopher players to Badger players a push, really? Champions compared to also-rans? Really?

You might have also had enough overhead left to tell us what point you are trying to make.
                          Try going to bed early tonight, and try again tomorrow.
                          Last edited by pokechecker; 01-26-2018, 09:09 AM. Reason: I'm surprised Pee Wee didn't include Cianfarano in his list, well ... not that surprised

Comment

I was wrong after all.
                            You aren’t a minor leaguer, you are a pee wee.

I hope you didn’t expend too much time and cognitive resources compiling that list, it would have been better put to use putting on your clothes your mother spent so much time cleaning, ironing, and laying carefully on your bed (which she made while you were struggling with your gOOgling).

The proof of your mental struggle is the decreasing relevance of each “fact” as you present them until ultimately your final statement is incomplete, you didn’t even include the Badger captain nor the player who made the most significant contribution to the Gopher championship game win in 2015. Apparently the mental exercise was too much work for you.

Speaking of which you call the comparison of Gopher players to Badger players a push, really? Champions compared to also-rans? Really?

You might have also had enough overhead left to tell us what point you are trying to make.
                            Try going to bed early tonight, and try again tomorrow.
                            I honestly don't know anyone who types more and says less. If you are referring to your captain being left off, I also left Wisconsins Captain from last year off = push! And Wolfe did a nice job but Wisconsin has lost players of her equal as well.

If Wisco is also-rans, I would hate to see what you think of Clarkson and BC.

Comment

• Originally posted by upfromtheminors View Post
                              I honestly don't know anyone who types more and says less.
                              Bingo! Save yourself the time and bother when you see that peckerchecker has posted and just skip it entirely. That's what most of the rest of us do. His posts are typically a huge amount of verbal diarrhea.

Comment

[QUOTE=upfromtheminors;6592832]

As we all fall asleep on Clarkson! Maybe by the way the last couple years have went we should be comparing our roster to theirs? Should you fear your enemy standing in front of you or behind you? #respectouttoClarkson!
                                Pretty crazy, yeah we beat up on eachother and Clarkson walks in the back door. Next year both UW and UM are going undefeated with all the firepower they have even if UM doesn't find a sieve with smaller or less holes.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X