Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Let's go RED!

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by rangersrule View Post
    Saw on the Gopher thread that the first 6 games or so on their schedule have been posted. It looks like the Badgers will be at Minnesota the weekend of Oct. 27th.
    What? You mean UW won't have to have and end of the season trip to rodentsota like the last 2 years? Not that it stopped UW from winning the League title, but on paper prior to the season it gives UM the home ice advantage if they were in a spot to overtake UW the last week of the season.

4 players made the end of June US U18 developmental camp roster....D Chayla Edwards, F's Makenna Webster, Casey O'Brien & Britta Curl. I like that they are from 4 different districts.....Mid AM, Central, Massachusetts, Northern Plains. UW hockey casts a wide recruiting net.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    What? You mean UW won't have to have and end of the season trip to rodentsota like the last 2 years? Not that it stopped UW from winning the League title, but on paper prior to the season it gives UM the home ice advantage if they were in a spot to overtake UW the last week of the season.

4 players made the end of June US U18 developmental camp roster....D Chayla Edwards, F's Makenna Webster, Casey O'Brien & Britta Curl. I like that they are from 4 different districts.....Mid AM, Central, Massachusetts, Northern Plains. UW hockey casts a wide recruiting net.
    stop crying, it could be worse. They could have Clarkson the last game of the seaso . . . oh, never mind.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    stop crying, it could be worse. They could have Clarkson the last game of the seaso . . . oh, never mind.
    UW was 2-1 against them last year, they weren't "O for" like someone else was a few year ago.

When you do a poor job of getting commits from MN District these days you need a very wide net IMO. I like that of the 9 UMN committed players that made USA U18 Developmental Camp this year 7 are from the State of Hockey with 2 added from the neighboring Central. Cast your nets where the fish are I say! Congrats to the UMN coaching staff of doing an excellent job of scouting and recruiting the homeland. The future looks very bright for the Gophers on paper..

UW was 2-1 against them last year, they weren't "O for" like someone else was a few year ago.
    but you would still whine if you got them the last week of the season whereas Gopher fans know you just have to beat whomever whenever.

Let's go RED!

but you would still whine if you got them the last week of the season whereas Gopher fans know you just have to beat whomever whenever.
    Easy for goofer fans to say when they get home ice every wWCHA tourney. Of course UW just beats whomever whenever.

Easy for goofer fans to say when they get home ice every wWCHA tourney. Of course UW just beats whomever whenever.
    With the exception of the occasional 17-game winless streak against one opponent or another.

Guarantee crowds at LaBahn like those at Ridder, even when the local side is not playing, and maybe the WCHA would consider going there. That $700k has to come from some place & ticket sales that at least don't lose money might just be the key.

Let's go RED!

Guarantee crowds at LaBahn like those at Ridder, even when the local side is not playing, and maybe the WCHA would consider going there. That $700k has to come from some place & ticket sales that at least don't lose money might just be the key.
    I don't think they ever will just because of the size of the rink. I don't blame the wWCHA for doing the final in rodentland, it's really cheap Barry Alvarez's fault. He did not see the big picture long term opportunities that were lost when they shrunk the thing.

I wonder why the Kohl Center doesn't bid the Women's FF. As long as UW or UM make it's 2 games will be very well attended. Is it wishful thinking that the lower bowl would be full for a UW or UM vs eastern patsy semi?

eastern patsy
    Except when they are a nursing college with green uniforms...

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    It will always be an engineering college to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    It will always be an engineering college to me.
    He was making a play on the LA Times blurb that Clarkson College, a nursing school in Omaha, shutout Wisconsin.

We do have a Physical Therapy program.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    There are unconfirmed reports that bloggers working from the basement of Ridder Arena were able to create enough fake news to destabilize the UND program and cause them to drop their program. Bemidji and Clarkson are next on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Leather helmet View Post
    There are unconfirmed reports that bloggers working from the basement of Ridder Arena were able to create enough fake news to destabilize the UND program and cause them to drop their program. Bemidji and Clarkson are next on the list.
    The Clarkson men's program is going nowhere.

Let's go RED!

Schedule:

9-16 South Korea
    9-22 Lindenwood (F/Sat)
    9-28 Mercyhurst (Thr/F)
    10/6 @ Syracuse
    10/13 @ MSU
    10/20 BSU (F/Sat)
    10/28 @ Rodents
    11/4 OSU (Sat/Sun)
    11/10 @ Cornell
    11/24 @ NE/BU
    12/1 UMD (F/Sat)
    12/8 @ SCSU
    1/12 MSU (F?Sat?Sun?)
    1/19 @ BSU
    1/26 SCSU (F?Sat?Sun?)
    2/2 @ OSU
    2/9 @ UMD
    2/16 Rodents (F?Sat?Sun?)

Thoughts....7 Friday games, please no freaking Friday afternoon games (yeah I'm a broken record), and one Thursday game, hopefully Merchyhurst games are night games. I hate the giant winter break, too bad they could not have slotted a N/C series in there somewhere.

I like the easy earlier schedule, there are a lot of new faces to meld together before they play the heavy hitters. The N/C looks decently tough, NE, Cornell and BU are usually top 10 teams, Merchyhurst has been in the past and Syracuse was on the periphery on some occasions last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Leather helmet View Post
    Also unconfirmed is the rumor that said bloggers speak with a Russian accent and that they run remote operations out of a white van with a hand painted "free skates" sign.

Schedule:

9-16 South Korea
    9-22 Lindenwood (F/Sat)
    9-28 Mercyhurst (Thr/F)
    10/6 @ Syracuse
    10/13 @ MSU
    10/20 BSU (F/Sat)
    10/28 @ Rodents
    11/4 OSU (Sat/Sun)
    11/10 @ Cornell
    11/24 @ NE/BU
    12/1 UMD (F/Sat)
    12/8 @ SCSU
    1/12 MSU (F?Sat?Sun?)
    1/19 @ BSU
    1/26 SCSU (F?Sat?Sun?)
    2/2 @ OSU
    2/9 @ UMD
    2/16 Rodents (F?Sat?Sun?)

Thoughts....7 Friday games, please no freaking Friday afternoon games (yeah I'm a broken record), and one Thursday game, hopefully Merchyhurst games are night games. I hate the giant winter break, too bad they could not have slotted a N/C series in there somewhere.

I like the easy earlier schedule, there are a lot of new faces to meld together before they play the heavy hitters. The N/C looks decently tough, NE, Cornell and BU are usually top 10 teams, Merchyhurst has been in the past and Syracuse was on the periphery on some occasions last season.
    Some conflicts are inevitable, and we don't know early season basketball schedules yet.
    - Lindenwood series will be head-to-head against two home volleyball matches - Michigan St and Michigan - unless there are afternoons involved for hockey.
    - Duluth series in Dec will be head-up against volleyball hosting first round NCAA tournament (assuming that UW hosts, less a sure thing this year than the last couple years; but they've put Gophers up against NCAA tournament volleyball in the past, so that is clearly not something they give any consideration to)
    - only one potential Sunday game up against the Packers (Bemidji), at least until January and NFL playoffs
    - the only potential conflict with UW football also UMD Saturday game vs the Big Ten championship game, so that will certainly be an afternoon hockey game. (And would also likely mean VB would be Thursday-Friday)
    - three weekends with home series for both hockey teams - Ohio State in Nov, hence the Sunday game, and the two series in January. So all three will be Saturday afternoons, and why the two Jan series are listed as Fri/Sat/Sun.

(And one personal: Mercyhurst on Thursday works for me because I have a wedding out-of-town that Saturday; if it were a normal Fri/Sat series, I'd miss both games. But I can probably make Thursday.)

Part of brain is saying "This doesn't look right...where's UND?"

I don't think they ever will just because of the size of the rink. I don't blame the wWCHA for doing the final in rodentland, it's really cheap Barry Alvarez's fault. He did not see the big picture long term opportunities that were lost when they shrunk the thing.

I wonder why the Kohl Center doesn't bid the Women's FF. As long as UW or UM make it's 2 games will be very well attended. Is it wishful thinking that the lower bowl would be full for a UW or UM vs eastern patsy semi?
    Agreed, Kohl would be a good site, at least if UW we're playing. I think we could use Marrucci if MN were playing, particularly if it were MvsW.

Agreed, Kohl would be a good site, at least if UW we're playing. I think we could use Marrucci if MN were playing, particularly if it were MvsW.
    You want to play for all the marbles on 200x85.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    You want to play for all the marbles on 200x85.
    And I would much prefer a packed Ridder vs. a mostly empty Mariucci.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Thread Information