X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    With Roque and the mystery weight-lifting recruit they just need to find one more to have this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwQHZrqgU_E
    FYI, back in the good 'ol days of the WCHA, at a Bulldog game up in Duluth, the players actually did go into the stands and started kicking the crap out of some fans who apparently didn't think the players could or would jump over the glass. I think it was the late 60's, maybe somebody remembers.

it's good Roque spells her name different than "The Rock" because the real Rock would be embarrassed by how quickly she ended up on her azz at Ridder.
    I'm not really sure what happened despite the fact it happened right in front of me, I just saw someone in red appear to be picking a fight but end up on her azz twice as fast. Maybe next time she'll pick someone smaller.

Comment

I have a feeling Pankowski won't make the NT roster. Part of me hopes I am wrong, part of me hopes I am right.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I have a feeling Pankowski won't make the NT roster. Part of me hopes I am wrong, part of me hopes I am right.
        She made it. She'll be PK ready once she gets back to school the next year after training and hopefully playing with the NT. Hopefully Shirley does not, Clark is a shoe-in.

Comment

She made it. She'll be PK ready once she gets back to school the next year after training and hopefully playing with the NT. Hopefully Shirley does not, Clark is a shoe-in.
          Clark is the best all-around player in the WCHA, maybe in all of college hockey. She will be missed and it would be a real shocker if she doesn't stick with Canada. As for Shirley, I would be surprised if she makes the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
            Clark is the best all-around player in the WCHA, maybe in all of college hockey. She will be missed and it would be a real shocker if she doesn't stick with Canada. As for Shirley, I would be surprised if she makes the team.
            Clark vs Pankowski for the 2019 PK?

I have heard varying reports on Shirley making the Canadian team. The consensus seems to be that is is a fantastic player for her age.

Comment

I have heard varying reports on Shirley making the Canadian team. The consensus seems to be that is is a fantastic player for her age.
              My sources tell me that Shirley will be in Madison playing for the Badgers in the fall!

The WCHA is going to be young & fun to watch this fall! The new Co-op (UND/UMD) up in Duluth will be impacted by the Rooney selection, but should be fine with Johnson between the pipes.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
                My sources tell me that Shirley will be in Madison playing for the Badgers in the fall!

The WCHA is going to be young & fun to watch this fall! The new Co-op (UND/UMD) up in Duluth will be impacted by the Rooney selection, but should be fine with Johnson between the pipes.
                I believe part of the Co-op agreement was to add green to the uniforms, not sure how that is going to work with Maroon and Gold? Not real impressed with the new nickname either. The Fighting Bullogs?

Comment

Originally posted by upfromtheminors View Post
                  I believe part of the Co-op agreement was to add green to the uniforms, not sure how that is going to work with Maroon and Gold? ....
                  The new uniforms I am told will be Green and Gold, a Minny and Wisco killer combination when it comes to NC$$ National Championships .
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                    The new uniforms I am told will be Green and Gold, a Minny and Wisco killer combination when it comes to NC$$ National Championships .
                    Number of NCAA championships with team uniforms of Maroon and Gold 11, Red and White 4, Green and Gold 2. Three wins and one loss for Green and Gold in NCAA tournament play against UM and UW, so that is somewhat impressive if not always a "killer combination." Thank you, Emily West!
                    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Agree. I thought Clark was the best player in the NCAA last year.

As for Shirley. Highly doubtful Canada takes more than one 99 aged player. She is a fantastic player but so are Potomak and Watts, who I have ahead of her. All 3 should be on the 2022 team and a great core going forward.

Comment

Not real impressed with the new nickname either. The Fighting Bullogs?
                        I heard it was The Bullhawks......

UW so needs Shirley, I hope the predictors that she is coming to UW this fall are right.

Comment

I believe part of the Co-op agreement was to add green to the uniforms, not sure how that is going to work with Maroon and Gold? Not real impressed with the new nickname either. The Fighting Bullogs?
                          The fighting Balrogs would be better as long as they never played the Wizards.

Comment

So Shirley is not on the Canadian roster, whew. Good to see Nurse made it, hopefully she can crack the final roster.

Comment

Good to see Nurse made it, hopefully she can crack the final roster.
                              The part of me that wanted the Badgers to win the final game of the year wanted to post congratulations to Sarah Nurse for getting a Natty Champ ring after having a great career. For me, when the Gophers played the Badgers, Nurse was always the thorn in the side and the pain in the a**.

She seemed to be everywhere all the time (except for those good times between shifts when she was on the bench). It will be a nice relief to play Wisconsin and not have to worry about Ms Nurse

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                                She seemed to be everywhere all the time (except for those good times between shifts when she was on the bench). It will be a nice relief to play Wisconsin and not have to worry about Ms Nurse
                                Yes, especially in the WCHA Final Face-Off in 2015 at Engelstad. Rarely have I seen a player dominate a weekend as she did. She may have even been part of the jazz combo I listened to between periods. She was everywhere.
                                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Working...
                                X