X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by *WH-fan* View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!
    Turns out only one is legit, who saw that one coming?
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Turns out only one is legit, who saw that one coming?
      It reminded me of last year's 8-2 win over Minnesota. It's great, it's a lot of fun. But it's only one game. "Great job, girls...now, go do it again".

Comment

Originally posted by Netminder View Post
        Am I the only one disappointed with a 7-0 win over OSU? I found myself feeling bad for Suave. We beat S Korea with the same score... I was really looking for a challenge. Hopefully tomorrow is more competitive...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
        Are you a crazy person?

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          It reminded me of last year's 8-2 win over Minnesota. It's great, it's a lot of fun. But it's only one game. "Great job, girls...now, go do it again".
          I'll let the team worry about resetting and focusing on the task tomorrow. I'll keep riding the hype train, thank you very much.

Comment

OSU played with a lot more pace and determination today, got more shots on goal, but allowed more as well. The UW forecheck, though deemed boring my some , was relentless. These last 6 periods were just fantastically played by UW. Whatever flaws that I have been vocal about at least this last weekend have been taken care of. I'm in your corner now, the glass more than half full. This team though it lacks superstars, is so deep, it's so impressive that they rely on no one line or a few players.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Just realized Cornell is next weekend, what another fun matchup. Clarkson throttled them badly earlier in the year, it will be a neat measuring stick series with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                OSU played with a lot more pace and determination today, got more shots on goal, but allowed more as well. The UW forecheck, though deemed boring my some , was relentless. These last 6 periods were just fantastically played by UW. Whatever flaws that I have been vocal about at least this last weekend have been taken care of. I'm in your corner now, the glass more than half full. This team though it lacks superstars, is so deep, it's so impressive that they rely on no one line or a few players.
                On Saturday OSU looked like they were skating in quick sand. They did not look prepared. Was it the week off catching up with them? Sunday was much better however they are two lines and two defensemen short of being able to truly compete with the Badgers. The 2017-18 team has few gaps. Cornell will not challenge them. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                  On Saturday OSU looked like they were skating in quick sand. They did not look prepared. Was it the week off catching up with them? Sunday was much better however they are two lines and two defensemen short of being able to truly compete with the Badgers. The 2017-18 team has few gaps. Cornell will not challenge them. Enjoy the ride.
                  I always enjoy the ride, when the ride stops the odds aren't in your favor it will stop where you want it to.

I'm a little bummed the Fr F's aren't lighting the lamp more regularly, specifically Pettet and Schneider, on the top 3 lines. It's a crapshoot on the 4th line to score.

Gardner is showing a propensity for taking penalties at bad times, that needs to get cleaned up. On the positive side, she is a factor offensively.

Comment

https://t.co/wQA2NOlQqO

Nice little article about the future of UW hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I thought the CWHL was a professional gig making her ineligible for the NCAA?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Kinda seems like a bc supporter wrote that piece with all the hype...
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                          I thought the CWHL was a professional gig making her ineligible for the NCAA?
                          Someone posted a few months ago that if she only uses $ for basic living items like room and board she's not deemed to getting paid. It's seems sketchy and fraught with danger to me of an innocent mistake destroying eligibility, but apparently it can work.

Comment

The most "interesting" one to me is Dec 2nd, vs UMD.

Mens basketball at Kohl Center at 4 PM.
                            Women's hockey at LaBahn, currently scheduled at 7 PM
                            Big Ten football championship (I presume) at 7 PM
                            Women's NCAA tournament volleyball (if they get home court - quite likely - and unless they get Thur-Fri instead of Fri-Sat) at the Field House 7 PM.
                            Women's basketball at Kohl Center, TBA (I assume noon ?)

Normally, they wouldn't try to go up against the Big Ten FB championship, particularly if UW is in it, but there's no other Saturday time that is even possible. Don't be surprised if this gets changed to a Sunday game.
                            With their win yesterday, UW football has now clinched the appearance into the Big Ten Football Championship, 7 PM on Dec 2nd.

Women's basketball is 11 AM at the KC on the 2nd. Men's BB at 4 PM on the 2nd, at the KC.

(Women's volleyball having home court for the NCAA first and second rounds is less a sure thing than I might otherwise have thought, but still more likely than not. But again, would likely be Thurs-Fri, at the Field House.

So, once more, either women's hockey against Duluth goes head-to-head against the B1G Football championship, or it gets changed to Sunday. I'm betting on Sunday.

--------------------

Over a period of fifteen days, they played six games against top ten teams. Going 6-0 is pretty good!

Comment

Over a period of fifteen days, they played six games against top ten teams. Going 6-0 is pretty good!
                              How full is that glass, eh? Obviously I am shocked at the results. The credit has to go to the coaches, what an outstanding job putting this team together and coaching them up. Losing all that scoring and leadership and to play so well is just a testament to the coaches and players. It's especially gratifying seeing our neighbors to the west being in similar circumstances and not having the same results as UW. Gotta keep enjoying the ride.

It always bugs me when the players get roaring ovations during the intros and Mark Johnson get hardly a peep when he is announced. He should get the biggest ovation, though he'd tell you he doesn't deserve it. It's like the UW fan base does not appreciate what a crazy awesome job he has done in the past and is doing this year. I fear the day when he steps away. I don't know if Koch though he's been around for quite some time will be able to keep it going.

I did not see the games this last weekend, but the shots were 34/22 and 28/27, not lopsided at all (Last year shots were 51/11 and 31/14). I know from twitter Soup made some huge saves Saturday and likely stole that game. The only goal she gave up was a 6 on 3 in the final seconds. Gardner needs to stop taking dumb penalties at the ends of games, she almost blew a win in Mankato, but Soup bailed her out.

A week off then another interesting trip out east playing NE & BU. Could be a lot of distractions with US Thanksgiving that weekend, but they have passed every test so far.

Anyone else hate that "It's our time" pregame video? It's SO cheesy. All they need is the historical montage, that never gets old.

Comment

just replying to get the green arrow. Thanks.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X