X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
    In the Final Four last year, puck movement disappeared along with the hopes of a Championship.
    I'll let others tell me if total number of shots is a good substitute for 'puck movement'. but UW outshot Clarkson 41-to-19 in the Championship game (and outshot BC 36-to-22 in the semi). So....

(Edit: shots in the 2016 semi were Minn 41, UW 39)
    Last edited by robertearle; 11-03-2017, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this weekend series. We will see if WI 12-0 start is a fluke, or if Ohio is over rated.

Both could be legit, if so its going to be a couple fun games to watch.
      Last edited by *WH-fan*; 11-03-2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by *WH-fan* View Post
        I'm looking forward to this weekend series. We will see if WI 12-0 start is a fluke, or if Ohio is over rated.

The start for UW was no fluke or MN would have exposed it. I don't think OSU is over-rated.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          I'll let others tell me if total number of shots is a good substitute for 'puck movement'. but UW outshot Clarkson 41-to-19 in the Championship game (and outshot BC 36-to-22 in the semi). So....

(Edit: shots in the 2016 semi were Minn 41, UW 39)
          I can't say, my seats sucked for seeing puck movement quality and I have not watched the video yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            The start for UW was no fluke or MN would have exposed it. I don't think OSU is over-rated.
            So far this year*, the Gophers have been too busy exposing their own flaws to expose yours.

*Until today. They looked really good in the first game against MSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
              So far this year*, the Gophers have been too busy exposing their own flaws to expose yours.

*Until today. They looked really good in the first game against MSU.
              I mean let's be real here, so would I
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                We've been assured that St Cloud is the only bad team in the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Well THAT'S debatable!
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I know this is off topic -- and is not Badger hockey or even women's hockey related -- but we had a chance to check out the US National Sled Hockey Team in an exhibition game last night (USA vs. USA).
                    This was my first live exposure to the sport and as a hockey fan I found it amazing!
                    These are some really gifted athletes and the game is very fast paced and physical.
                    They won gold in 2014 and will be competing in 2018 at the Parlympics.

If you get a chance, they are having another exhibition today at 3 pm at the Madison Ice Arena.
                    (I know -- almost same time as the women's game.)
                    But, it is only a 20 minute drive from LaBahn to the Ice Arena -- so if women's game ends at 4 pm, you can get their by 4:30 pm.
                    The game last night lasted 2 hours and I anticipate today's game would be the same.
                    So, that gets you 30 minutes of hockey viewing. You won't be disappointed.

Admission is free -- although there are raffle tickets if you are interested (including for tickets for 4 to the women's NCAA this season).

Plenty of seating, but bring an extra blanket or two -- smaller arena so it is colder and the bleachers are aluminum so you'll want to be sitting on something.

Here is the website with more info:

https://www.coachsauerfoundation.org...itionFlyer.pdf

Comment

Am I the only one disappointed with a 7-0 win over OSU? I found myself feeling bad for Suave. We beat S Korea with the same score... I was really looking for a challenge. Hopefully tomorrow is more competitive...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Netminder View Post
                        Am I the only one disappointed with a 7-0 win over OSU? I found myself feeling bad for Suave. We beat S Korea with the same score... I was really looking for a challenge. Hopefully tomorrow is more competitive...

No I'm not disappointed with a 7-0 win. It tells me this team is further along in development than I thought. It tells me UW played a fantastic game, almost flawless. Suave needs to play better. Clearly UW was shooting high on her on purpose and these gals can snipe. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

What's that sound I hear coming from Madison?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anGslxO-Ig8
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Netminder View Post

I felt bad for their fans, who were there in a large amount. The girls really let them down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I felt bad for their fans, who were there in a large amount. The girls really let them down.
                              Not a typical game for their goaltender but she had little or no support. Buckeyes were disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by *WH-fan* View Post

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X