This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Another tally in the W column. Apparently Soup played awesome with some big saves per the twitter feed and she needed to as you don't win many games only scoring 1 goal. Outshot them 39-20, but seeing the 3rd period 9-8 in a one goal game is not ideal, they needed to crank it up an bury the Orange. That being said, the first road game in game 1 of a series against a totally unfamiliar team for a young team and it ended in a positive way for WI. I suspect UW will make adjustments based on what they saw Friday and we'll see an improved outcome.

With Soup playing this well backing up a young team that it's not quite known where the scoring will come from will we ever see Cece or Blesi start this year?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

With Soup playing this well backing up a young team that it's not quite known where the scoring will come from will we ever see Cece or Blesi start this year?
      Wonder what Morale level is like with Cece and Blesi? They much love the late ND teammate! Blesi definitely sold out here!! #tranferprobcomingsoon

Comment

• Originally posted by AAA Dad View Post
        Wonder what Morale level is like with Cece and Blesi? They much love the late ND teammate! Blesi definitely sold out here!! #tranferprobcomingsoon
        The last time I checked this was D1. Like everyone you have to earn your playing time. I feel for the goalie position because only 1 can play. Campbell had no choice but to transfer and she has obviously stepped up to be the #1 for now. Not sure how anyone was sold out. Pretty bold statement claiming a transfer coming soon. It is tough to be # 1 at any D1 school. Hope the goalies all stick it out and push one another to be great. BTW the last poll I saw UW was ranked 1, but who cares how the TEAM is doing right?!!

Comment

Originally posted by AAA Dad View Post
          Really? I'm sure they will be good teammates. Cece could be a little bummed with Campbell coming in so late, but Blesi knew what she was getting into with Cece already here. Life doesn't always go as you plan it to go, in fact I would say it doesn't more than it does, and that is a life lesson learned both on and off the ice.

Comment

Let’s not forget, this isn’t the NHL. These elite women are getting a world class education at very little expense. Not to mention playing for the number 1 team in the country in a beautiful facility. Getting recruited by a top D1 program as a goalie is tough (I’m a goalie parent myself &#128556 since there are very few spots available each year. I’m sure they count their blessings every day, at least they should.

Comment

Really? I'm sure they will be good teammates. Cece could be a little bummed with Campbell coming in so late, but Blesi knew what she was getting into with Cece already here. Life doesn't always go as you plan it to go, in fact I would say it doesn't more than it does, and that is a life lesson learned both on and off the ice.
              I agree. Campbell was really, really good this past weekend in Syracuse. She made some top level saves in both games and faced a pretty high quantity of shots relative to past games this season so far. And I'm sure the other 3 goalies were very supportive. There are only 34 other starting opportunities for a goalie at the D-1 level. Being a backup goalie at Wisconsin is actually an honor I would think!

Comment

Oooh, are we doing HOT TAKES now (with a bonus dose of jumping to conclusions that a freshman is angrily stewing)? I think those can be fun....allow me to respond...

To ME, that's prePOSTEROUS! A HEALTHY competition is what DRIVES A WINNING PROGRAM. It's been shown TIME and TIME again! Blesi now has a mentor...who's gonna SHOW WHAT IT MEANS TO WANT IT MORE. And when she wants it the most, she's not letting in a goal. Not. One. WHAT do you think she's gonna do, transfer to DULUTH? You don't want a problem with ME, Kevin Dur--oops, I mean--you don't want a problem with ME, Maura CROWELL!

That's PREPOSTEROUS, Skip!

Stephen A, out.

Comment

Originally posted by AAA Dad View Post
                  Must be time for some creepy cyberstalking.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZtf9LsH...y=k.campbell35

Cece on the left, Campbell in the middle, Baldwin on the right.

('Badgerville' is one of the football pre-game tailgate event where the band shows up, etc; Each team is 'featured' at one game, where they sign autographs, etc, at Badgerville and then are introduced on the field between quarters during the game. This was a week ago Saturday before the Northwestern game, and after the Mercyhurst series.)
                  Last edited by robertearle; 10-09-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    Must be time for some creepy cyberstalking.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZtf9LsH...y=k.campbell35

Cece on the left, Campbell in the middle, Baldwin on the right.

('Badgerville' is one of the football pre-game tailgate event where the band shows up, etc; Each team is 'featured' at one game, where they sign autographs, etc, at Badgerville and then are introduced on the field between quarters during the game. This was a week ago Saturday before the Northwestern game, and after the Mercyhurst series.)
                    No Blesi, she's P/O'd!

UW gets to go to lovely Mankato this weekend for a Friday/Saturday series. UW better bring 4 goalies, last time there they hacked ARD out of the game (and the homer radio announcers couldn't bring them selves to admit it was a penalty that knocked ARD out) and they gained a certified hacker in Kohlstadt.

PK is only @ 87%, that is a little troubling, as is the idea they seem to losing more faceoffs than they win, that was a for sure against Mercyhurst and I think I saw the same against Cuse on the stat tracker. The fact that they are losing these could be a reason for the lack of shots at times. If you look at the shots per period, they go down from the 1st....88/78/67. Lack of shots in the 3rd is also troubling. They need to close the deal in the 3rd with more pressure.

Soup's numbers are very impressive. I want to say more that this point better I will wait until after the Rodent series.

Comment

Wellhausen is back in the line-up on line 2, Rowe stays in the lineup on the 4th line this time, Hanzlik is out of the lineup tonight. Rowe must have impressed the coaches on the 3rd line last week or Hanzlik is injured. Soup in goal.

Comment

Rowe was on the 2nd line Saturday and scored. Not too shabby for a 7th D.

Friday's game was a nightmare. UW was allowing Kato to transition them into the O zone like UW was afraid of them. It was ridiculous. Neither team had a lot of sustained pressure, but it was a transition game. UW was not connecting on their breakout with either poor passes or passes that were too long that allowed Kato to intercept or breakup. Thankfully Kato puked up 2 pucks in the slot that Norby and Shaver converted on, and Soup made a HUGE save with 5 seconds to go on the PK after Gardiner takes a boneheaded penalty with 16 to go. That was an epic escape win. The game left me wondering how good UW really was if they couldn't handle Kato, who look to be an improved team.

Saturday my questions were answered. UW controlled long stretches territorially, broke out easily and disrupted Kato's transition to O. A very nice bounce back performance.

UW faces a tough test this upcoming weekend with BSU coming to town. I like out UW's schedule is progressing with tougher opponents each week....Kato, then BSU, then UM, then OSU.

Comment

UW faces a tough test this upcoming weekend with BSU coming to town. I like out UW's schedule is progressing with tougher opponents each week....Kato, then BSU, then UM, then OSU.
                          lol........it's a new day right?
                          Hopefully, the Gophers can get you properly warmed up to face the Buckeyes!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                            lol........it's a new day right?
                            Hopefully, the Gophers can get you properly warmed up to face the Buckeyes!
                            I sure hope so. They just swept the way over rated wDawgs, UW needs to get ready for them. Thanks for priming BSU for us.

Comment

They just swept the way over rated wDawgs...
                              The WCHA has a few overrated teams this year. Minnesota, UMD, and one that might be sacrilegious to mention.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                The WCHA has a few overrated teams this year. Minnesota, UMD, and one that might be sacrilegious to mention.
                                Wait. Notre Dame has a women's team?? .
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X