X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
    Both weekends are set! You will be happy with the opponents...
    Agreed! Both schools will be fun tests and a change of opponents will be nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      There is a tweet that Megan Trupp has committed to UW for 2017/2018. I do a google search and there is no such hockey player of that name. There is a Canadian CrossFit Games athlete of that name and the right age......system confused.
      Mark Johnson is now bringing in people from all walks of life with the intention of turning them into goalies.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
        Mark Johnson is now bringing in people from all walks of life with the intention of turning them into goalies.
        I get it, the coaching is that good. They don't call "UW Goalie" U for no reason. I still am very perplexed about that commitment.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

There is a tweet that Megan Trupp has committed to UW for 2017/2018. I do a google search and there is no such hockey player of that name. There is a Canadian CrossFit Games athlete of that name and the right age......system confused.
          The CrossFit girl does play hockey. I haven't seen any other confirmation of a commitment though.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            The CrossFit girl does play hockey. I haven't seen any other confirmation of a commitment though.
            I haven't seen any other confirmation either, that is why I am fishing. It doesn't make a lot of sense be bring in a marginal player when UW has lots of F's for the next 2 years. Even if UW loses Pankowski, Clark and Shirley, they still have 12 F and they only carried 11 last year. The following year they would have 16 then.

Comment

Attendance stats from last season: http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...1da0d45b6.html
              Actual attendance for Fill the bowl was 10,247 of the 15,359 tickets sold.

Comment

I haven't seen any other confirmation either, that is why I am fishing. It doesn't make a lot of sense be bring in a marginal player when UW has lots of F's for the next 2 years. Even if UW loses Pankowski, Clark and Shirley, they still have 12 F and they only carried 11 last year. The following year they would have 16 then.
                According to the Tweet she played for Faustina Midget Boys 2000 Select. Badgers Women's Hockey retweeted it. Not sure that is a confirmation or not.

Comment

(going back to 2016-2017 for the moment)

The night of "Fill The Bowl", I posted "How do you make 9,000 people showing up for a women's hockey game seem like a disappointment? By claiming it was 15,000."

Turns out I was off, but not by all that much.

In an article in the Wi State Journal on UW women's hockey attendance this year, it mentions that actual scanned ticket attendance was 10,247.

Lots of other numbers on game attendance for the 2016-2017 season.

So, how do you make 10,247 people showing up for a women's hockey game seem like a disappointment? By claiming it was 15,359.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...1da0d45b6.html

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
                    According to the Tweet she played for Faustina Midget Boys 2000 Select. Badgers Women's Hockey retweeted it. Not sure that is a confirmation or not.
                    It's not so much that I don't believe it as I am wondering about her skill level. I have not found any info on the web about her and hockey. Usually there are stats you can dig up, but she's quite the mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      (going back to 2016-2017 for the moment)

The night of "Fill The Bowl", I posted "How do you make 9,000 people showing up for a women's hockey game seem like a disappointment? By claiming it was 15,000."

Turns out I was off, but not by all that much.

In an article in the Wi State Journal on UW women's hockey attendance this year, it mentions that actual scanned ticket attendance was 10,247.

Lots of other numbers on game attendance for the 2016-2017 season.

So, how do you make 10,247 people showing up for a women's hockey game seem like a disappointment? By claiming it was 15,359.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...1da0d45b6.html
                      We live in such a PR/spin driven world it's very sad and disappointing that reality gets twisted. It's unbelievable that for the big UW sports that so many purchased tickets don't get used at every event. To me going to a UW event is a privilege and I cherish the time I spend at the rink. I feel so fortunate to be in a position attend the games financially and physically.

Comment

It's not so much that I don't believe it as I am wondering about her skill level. I have not found any info on the web about her and hockey. Usually there are stats you can dig up, but she's quite the mystery.
                        I haven't found any hockey info about this recruit either. Only cross-fit stuff. Another question I have is that the tweet says she played on a 2000 birth year boys team. Wouldn't that make her 17 at the oldest? Also it's very interesting that UW would bring in another "depth" type forward when there seems to be a couple depth players already coming in this year. And by "depth" I mean a player that wasn't part of the U-18 USA or Canadian teams.

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
                          It was retweeted by an unofficial account, so I wouldn't count that. The Faustina Selects are basically an upper-level house team, so there isn't much in the way of information about stats out there. It would make sense for someone that couldn't make the time/financial commitment of high-level AAA hockey though, and by the time you get to high school-age, a girl playing against boys is pretty impressive almost regardless of level.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I love the concept of mystery players. I am expecting to see this girl suddenly show up in late February, a la Amanda Kessel, to lead the playoff push.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                              I love the concept of mystery players. I am expecting to see this girl suddenly show up in late February, a la Amanda Kessel, to lead the playoff push.
                              Again as I posted earlier-- If she was playing on a 2000 birth year team, how is she even old enough to be a 2017-2018 recruit? Wouldn't she be 16 or 17 at the oldest? If she is in fact a UW recruit I would think it would be for the 2018-2019 season at the earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                                Again as I posted earlier-- If she was playing on a 2000 birth year team, how is she even old enough to be a 2017-2018 recruit? Wouldn't she be 16 or 17 at the oldest? If she is in fact a UW recruit I would think it would be for the 2018-2019 season at the earliest.
                                Looks like I had my sarcasm alert turned off.

Comment

Working...
                                X