X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by brokentwig View Post
    After seeing the Gophers line up and now this I believe the WCHA is wide open for the first time in many years. With top players out and unproven goal tending we will see how good these coaches are without so many horses.
    WCHA is wide open? Are you suggesting Bemidji, St Cloud, Mankato or UMD can win the WCHA this year? I agree Minnesota and Wisconsin will drop a few more games, but I don't see a conference winner outside the Badgers and the rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by upfromtheminors View Post
      WCHA is wide open? Are you suggesting Bemidji, St Cloud, Mankato or UMD can win the WCHA this year? I agree Minnesota and Wisconsin will drop a few more games, but I don't see a conference winner outside the Badgers and the rodents.
      I agree, but Minnesota is going to have to find some people to put the puck in the net! If Kassidy Sauve plays like she did last year, which is a big "if", I think Ohio State may surprise some people.
      Last edited by KTDC; 07-27-2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
        I agree, but Minnesota is going to have to find some people to put the puck in the net! If Kassidy Sauve plays like she did last, which is a big "if", I think Ohio State may surprise some people.
        Bemidji should be capable of more scoring, and St Cloud should be improved over last year , these teams may not fight for the title but they'll probably take a game or two from MN/WI

Comment

I agree, the entire league may not be "wide open" but I do think this is the beginning of a shift to increased parody within the conference. When you look at the future rosters of all the teams, there seems to be an increased level of talent at a couple of the non traditional competitors. I think this bodes well for the WCHA and women's hockey in general. Do not be surprised to see the top 2 lose a few more conference games than they are accustomed to. Granted it is an "Olympic year", I still see changes coming for the long haul. Should make for a more fun conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
            4 goalies? Any chance the incoming freshman will redshirt?
            I don't know on that, but it makes sense for Blesi to redshirt from a playing time viewpoint. Cece was the heir apparent to the UW goaltending dynasty (she played well when ARD was injured), I understood Blesi coming in late as the main back-up (not convinced Baldwin is starting D1 material, she is very quick but tiny), then Campbell comes in with D1 experience, which to me throws the whole Cece thing wide open. They have Kronish coming in next year as well, so that makes 5. If Blesi redshirts and Kronish arrives on time, that would give those 2 the keys to the car their Jr and Sr years. It's a very interesting situation. I sure would love to see someone pick MJ's brain on this one and get some insight.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
              I agree, but Minnesota is going to have to find some people to put the puck in the net! If Kassidy Sauve plays like she did last year, which is a big "if", I think Ohio State may surprise some people.
              Nope. All assistant coaches have quit at Ohio and no experienced coaches want to go there. Staff still not in place. Weak incoming class. Sauve will have to be even better this year to match last years win total. Coach prefers grinders over scorers which explains lack of scoring. I see Minnesota and Wisconsin battling it out right to the end. Only teams to make final 8 as top 3 lines can match up with any top line on any other team.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                I don't know on that, but it makes sense for Blesi to redshirt from a playing time viewpoint. Cece was the heir apparent to the UW goaltending dynasty (she played well when ARD was injured), I understood Blesi coming in late as the main back-up (not convinced Baldwin is starting D1 material, she is very quick but tiny), then Campbell comes in with D1 experience, which to me throws the whole Cece thing wide open. They have Kronish coming in next year as well, so that makes 5. If Blesi redshirts and Kronish arrives on time, that would give those 2 the keys to the car their Jr and Sr years. It's a very interesting situation. I sure would love to see someone pick MJ's brain on this one and get some insight.
                Campbell & Blesi will be fighting it out for the #1 spot in the 2nd half of the season. Both are committed to working their *** off to be the starter. Should be fun to watch them....

Comment

• Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
                  Campbell & Blesi will be fighting it out for the #1 spot in the 2nd half of the season. Both are committed to working their *** off to be the starter. Should be fun to watch them....
                  Ceci and Campbell had similar statistics last season. Both saw action in 5 games. Not what you would call a wealth of D1 experience but a step ahead of Blesi. I would think that all 3 will be given an opportunity to earn the #1 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                    Love to see what others think too!

Kepler (LW) ..... Cogan (C)..... Norby (RW)
                    Wellhausen (LW)..... Roque (C)..... Shaver (RW)
                    Mauermann (LW)..... Pettet (C) ..... Schneider (RW)
                    Hanzlik (LW) ...... Drake (C) ....... Posick (RW)

Gardner (LD) .... Rolfes (RD)
                    Williams (LD .... Steffen (RD)
                    Bowlby (LD) ..... Buchbinder (RD)
                    Rowe (RD)

Campbell (G)
                    Blesi (G)
                    Cece (G)
                    Baldwin (G)
                    Thoughts on forwards....The keys.....1) getting Norby going, I don't think she ever really meshed with Nurse & McKibbon; 2) Kepler...what can she do with talent around her? (could be amazing!) I think Cogan and Shaver may be on the slower side of the ledger, so I'd roll them back and stick speedy Fr or Kepler if she has the wheels with Mauermann and with Roque/Wellhausen on the top 2 lines. Speed kills and UW needs to get those horses hooked to the same stage coach.

Comment

Rowe (RD)

Campbell (G)
                      Blesi (G)
                      Cece (G)
                      Baldwin (G)
                      It would be nice to split up last years 3rd line & get a pure scorer with Roque. Drake will contribute immediately and should work her way up the depth chart. Swap out Drake & Pettet & I think you nailed the 3rd & 4th. Hopefully we see many combinations of the first 6 to find some consistent scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
                        It would be nice to split up last years 3rd line & get a pure scorer with Roque. Drake will contribute immediately and should work her way up the depth chart. Swap out Drake & Pettet & I think you nailed the 3rd & 4th. Hopefully we see many combinations of the first 6 to find some consistent scoring.
                        I have a hard time taking you seriously with your handle. I am trying to come to grips with it, but it makes me think of the Stalin/Hitler non-aggression pact.

Comment

From what I can find online this appears to be the UW roster for 2017-2018 season. With Pankowski and Clark on their respective National teams and Shirley apparently not in the mix this season, it looks like 12 forwards, 7 defenseman, and 4 goalies.. I put together some possible lines/d-pairings as well! It seems that there will be quite a battle for the net with 4 goalies in the mix. I am no expert of course and the coaches know way more than any of us! I would love to see what others think too!

Rowe (RD)

Campbell (G)
                          Blesi (G)
                          Cece (G)
                          Baldwin (G)
                          Word on the street is that MJ is planning to put together a shutdown defensive line to put out against the opponent's top line:

Campbell (LG)....Blesi (CG)....Cece (RG)

Comment

I like it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Netminder View Post
                              I like it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                              It's like in that hockey movie where one of the fans suggested they just get a sumo wrestler be the goalie and plop them in front of the net. They'd win every game!
                              https://youtu.be/sP8ZVWiZUMA
                              Last edited by Netminder; 07-31-2017, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Netminder View Post
                                It's like in that hockey movie where one of the fans suggested they just get a sumo wrestler be the goalie and plop them in front of the net. They'd win every game!
                                https://youtu.be/sP8ZVWiZUMA
                                Why limit yourself to a Sumo wrestler? Those 600lb people on reality TV would work just as well.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X