12/1 UMD (F/Sat)
    12/8 @ SCSU
    1/12 MSU (F?Sat?Sun?)
    1/19 @ BSU
    1/26 SCSU (F?Sat?Sun?)
    2/2 @ OSU
    2/9 @ UMD
    2/16 Rodents (F?Sat?Sun?)

Thoughts....7 Friday games, please no freaking Friday afternoon games (yeah I'm a broken record), and one Thursday game, hopefully Merchyhurst games are night games. I hate the giant winter break, too bad they could not have slotted a N/C series in there somewhere.

I like the easy earlier schedule, there are a lot of new faces to meld together before they play the heavy hitters. The N/C looks decently tough, NE, Cornell and BU are usually top 10 teams, Merchyhurst has been in the past and Syracuse was on the periphery on some occasions last season.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
      There are unconfirmed reports that bloggers working from the basement of Ridder Arena were able to create enough fake news to destabilize the UND program and cause them to drop their program. Bemidji and Clarkson are next on the list.
      Also unconfirmed is the rumor that said bloggers speak with a Russian accent and that they run remote operations out of a white van with a hand painted "free skates" sign.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Schedule:

9-16 South Korea
        9-22 Lindenwood (F/Sat)
        9-28 Mercyhurst (Thr/F)
        10/6 @ Syracuse
        10/13 @ MSU
        10/20 BSU (F/Sat)
        10/28 @ Rodents
        11/4 OSU (Sat/Sun)
        11/10 @ Cornell
        11/24 @ NE/BU
        12/1 UMD (F/Sat)
        12/8 @ SCSU
        1/12 MSU (F?Sat?Sun?)
        1/19 @ BSU
        1/26 SCSU (F?Sat?Sun?)
        2/2 @ OSU
        2/9 @ UMD
        2/16 Rodents (F?Sat?Sun?)

Thoughts....7 Friday games, please no freaking Friday afternoon games (yeah I'm a broken record), and one Thursday game, hopefully Merchyhurst games are night games. I hate the giant winter break, too bad they could not have slotted a N/C series in there somewhere.

I like the easy earlier schedule, there are a lot of new faces to meld together before they play the heavy hitters. The N/C looks decently tough, NE, Cornell and BU are usually top 10 teams, Merchyhurst has been in the past and Syracuse was on the periphery on some occasions last season.
        Some conflicts are inevitable, and we don't know early season basketball schedules yet.
        - Lindenwood series will be head-to-head against two home volleyball matches - Michigan St and Michigan - unless there are afternoons involved for hockey.
        - Duluth series in Dec will be head-up against volleyball hosting first round NCAA tournament (assuming that UW hosts, less a sure thing this year than the last couple years; but they've put Gophers up against NCAA tournament volleyball in the past, so that is clearly not something they give any consideration to)
        - only one potential Sunday game up against the Packers (Bemidji), at least until January and NFL playoffs
        - the only potential conflict with UW football also UMD Saturday game vs the Big Ten championship game, so that will certainly be an afternoon hockey game. (And would also likely mean VB would be Thursday-Friday)
        - three weekends with home series for both hockey teams - Ohio State in Nov, hence the Sunday game, and the two series in January. So all three will be Saturday afternoons, and why the two Jan series are listed as Fri/Sat/Sun.

(And one personal: Mercyhurst on Thursday works for me because I have a wedding out-of-town that Saturday; if it were a normal Fri/Sat series, I'd miss both games. But I can probably make Thursday.)

Part of brain is saying "This doesn't look right...where's UND?"

Comment

I don't think they ever will just because of the size of the rink. I don't blame the wWCHA for doing the final in rodentland, it's really cheap Barry Alvarez's fault. He did not see the big picture long term opportunities that were lost when they shrunk the thing.

I wonder why the Kohl Center doesn't bid the Women's FF. As long as UW or UM make it's 2 games will be very well attended. Is it wishful thinking that the lower bowl would be full for a UW or UM vs eastern patsy semi?
          Agreed, Kohl would be a good site, at least if UW we're playing. I think we could use Marrucci if MN were playing, particularly if it were MvsW.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            Agreed, Kohl would be a good site, at least if UW we're playing. I think we could use Marrucci if MN were playing, particularly if it were MvsW.
            You want to play for all the marbles on 200x85.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              And I would much prefer a packed Ridder vs. a mostly empty Mariucci.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Huge potential loss for the UW women, per tristarscoop, Sophie Shirley has registered for the CWHL draft, possible admittance into UW issues ala Cainfarano. Without her UW's O will be seriously neutered missing Clark and Pankowski. Nothing is confirmed about her future, but it's an enormous red flag. What a depressing day for UW hockey between this and Don Granato going to the B-Hawks.

Comment

Huge potential loss for the UW women, per tristarscoop, Sophie Shirley has registered for the CWHL draft, possible admittance into UW issues ala Cainfarano. Without her UW's O will be seriously neutered missing Clark and Pankowski. Nothing is confirmed about her future, but it's an enormous red flag. What a depressing day for UW hockey between this and Don Granato going to the B-Hawks.
                  The draft criteria below would make her ineligible.

In order to proceed with the registration process, please read and acknowledge the following guidelines.
                  2017/2018 Teams: The CWHL will include 6 teams for the 2017/2018 season. Two teams will be located in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) in Brampton and Toronto, and one team will be located in each of Boston, Calgary, China, and Montréal.

Entry Draft Date: The Entry Draft for all teams for all new players will be held on Sunday, August 20, 2017.

Entry Draft Eligibility: In order to be eligible for the CWHL Entry Draft, players must meet the following criteria:

All players shall be at least the age of 20 in order to be eligible to be selected in the Entry Draft. “Age of 20” is defined as a player reaching her twentieth birthday between January 1 in the calendar year of the Entry Draft and no later than September 15 in the calendar year of the Entry Draft.

The player has not previously signed a standard player contract with a CWHL Club.

The player is not currently on the Reserve List of any Club.

The player is not committed to an NCAA or CIS program.

The player has not been claimed in a previous CWHL Entry Draft.

Entry Draft Registration Fee: There is a non-refundable fee of $150 CDN, payable at the time of registration, in order to be included in the CWHL Entry Draft. Registrations will only be considered complete upon receipt of the Entry Draft Registration Fee.

Registration fees include a guaranteed draft position and covers training camp costs including ice. Those ranked in the Top 10 for the Draft will also be invited by the league to attend the CWHL Draft on Sunday August 20th.

Player registration for 2017 Entry Draft: Players who meet the criteria defined above are eligible to register for the 2017 CWHL Entry Draft prior to midnight on August 1, 2017.

Only players who have completed their registration and submitted their payment prior to midnight (ET) on August 1, 2017 will be eligible for the 2017 Entry Draft.

Acceptable Locations: As part of the registration process, each prospective player must indicate the CWHL city or cities in which they are willing to play (“Acceptable Locations”), selecting a minimum of one (1), up to a maximum of three (3). Given that the GTA has 2 teams, a selection of the GTA counts as 2 selections. Players selecting GTA may select only one other team. Players are not permitted to designate a specific team within the GTA.

Selections of Acceptable Locations are not ranked in order of preference. In choosing an Acceptable Location, the player is indicating to the league that she is prepared to play in any of her selected Acceptable Locations. Acceptable locations will be listed and presented in alphabetical order as follows:
                  Boston

Calgary

China

GTA (2)

Montréal

Change of “Acceptable Locations”: A player is permitted to change the designation of her “Acceptable Locations” until midnight (EST) on August 1, 2017. The Manager of Operations will inform all CWHL General Managers within 24 hours of receipt of a player’s change of Acceptable Locations.

Announcement of Entering Elite Players: The CWHL will announce by August 15, 2017, the top ranked players who have registered for the 2017 Entry Draft. The top 3-5 players at each position (forward, defense, and goalie) will be announced by the CWHL regardless of their designated Acceptable Locations.

Team Tryouts: Upon being drafted to a CWHL team, players will be invited to tryouts. Dates and times for tryouts will be set by the teams’ General Managers. Tryouts are held in September.

Rosters: Teams will roster 25 players to their active roster.

International Players: The CWHL welcomes players from around the world. International players require additional paperwork, for which the league will aid.

Relocation and Employment: Housing, moving expenses, and employment are the responsibility of the Player. The league will provide as much assistance as possible.

Further information: Any further questions can be directed to draft@thecwhl.com.

Comment

you can sure tell from the terms that it's Canada
                    what a Mickey Mouse league, if they were in the US I'd sue them for false advertising. "Pro" what a joke.
                    tip to the players: form your own freakin' league, use your college degree for something other than something to do when you aren't playing hockey

Comment

Ok! Time to stop the pity party!! My gosh! We are talking about WISCONSIN here! While losing Shirley (if it's even true) for the season may not be ideal, its not like this team is void of talent! 10 of the players on this upcoming seasons team are returning after having played in the NCAA Championship Game!! Don't underestimate that experience factor!! 8 of the 12 forwards and 5 of the 7 defensemen on this seasons team were part of Team USA or Team Canada U-18's in past World Championships. That means these players were chosen as the BEST of the BEST for that age group (17 and 18 yr. olds) a year or two before coming to college! In goal you can expect weekly battles in practice between all 3 goalies for the starting spot -- that is a good thing. When Cece needed to play in in 5 or 6 games last year she played very well! Furthermore, EVERY team that appears to be Wisconsin's biggest rivals (UM included) has lost top talent to graduation and or the Olympics. In fact the top 5 returning scores for the Badgers (Roque, Cogan, Wellhausen, Norby, Shaver) totaled 43 goals, 72 assists, and 115 points. The top 5 returning Gopher scorers totaled 25 goals, 45 assists and 70 points. I am also very optimistic about this team and the leadership that remains. In particular the seniors- Wellhausen, Williams, and Kepler. The UW coaching staff is both experienced and one of if not the best in the country. They will have this team ready to go when the season begins. The WCHA will be a tightly contested this season no doubt. But there is every reason to believe this team can win the conference as well as make the NCAA tournament again!
                      Last edited by rangersrule; 06-16-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Wow, 5 pages of posts for 2017-18 and it's only mid June! Wisco fans need to get an off-season life. Go to the Dells or something people!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                          Wow, 5 pages of posts for 2017-18 and it's only mid June! Wisco fans need to get an off-season life. Go to the Dells or something people!
                          Wisco Dells IS for people with no life.
                          Last edited by pokechecker; 06-16-2017, 11:18 AM. Reason: I could revive the petro $ thread

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                            Ok! Time to stop the pity party!! My gosh! We are talking about WISCONSIN here!!
                            LOL....You and I are opposites on how full the glass is....UW lost 234 pts to graduation and the Olympics and is returning 183 pts. Are the 6 freshmen + Kepler (not counting Shirley) going to score 234 pts? No. Are they going to score 150? Probably not, since 2 are D. Roque put up 28 and Norby 21. They will be hard pressed to have any player score 40 pts.

Shirley is a game changer. If it doesn't work out, it's a huge problem. Will they contend for the wcha title? Yes. Will they be in the ncaa top 8 at the end of the year? Who knows. The rodents may be down a bit too, but those eastern teams will not be and UW and UM will not be the prohibitive ncaa favorites.

I truly hope you are right and I am horribly wrong (as usual ).

Comment

LOL....You and I are opposites on how full the glass is....UW lost 234 pts to graduation and the Olympics and is returning 183 pts. Are the 6 freshmen + Kepler (not counting Shirley) going to score 234 pts? No. Are they going to score 150? Probably not, since 2 are D. Roque put up 28 and Norby 21. They will be hard pressed to have any player score 40 pts.

Shirley is a game changer. If it doesn't work out, it's a huge problem. Will they contend for the wcha title? Yes. Will they be in the ncaa top 8 at the end of the year? Who knows. The rodents may be down a bit too, but those eastern teams will not be and UW and UM will not be the prohibitive ncaa favorites.

I truly hope you are right and I am horribly wrong (as usual ).
                              I just think there are some real positives to build on for this Badgers team as stated in my previous post. It's frustrating as a Badger fan to see the optimism from fans on the Gopher thread and the doom and gloom on our thread! And Minnesota lost the same if not more due to graduation and the Olympics. Let's just see how this season plays out. Yes, things will be tougher offensively but even with all last years firepower we only managed to score one goal over the last two games of the season. Maybe this seasons team wins games with scores of 2-1 or 3-2 more than the a 7-0 blowouts we are all used to! Whatever it takes should be the motto. I really think this team has more talent than given credit.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Yes, I think more open ice benefits the better skating team. Mariucci is getting narrowed some day soon BTW

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                And I would much prefer a packed Ridder vs. a mostly empty Mariucci.
                                I would rather play at a packed Mariucci - that was my point

Comment

Working...
                                X