X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Mauermann was on the bench during warmups with no physical injury seen.
    I meant to try to watch her leave the bench area to see if she was wearing a "boot" or limping etc, but I got distracted. Thanks for doing it for me!

I said to the guy next to me after the second period: The good news is Wisconsin outshot them 11 to 2 that period; the bad news is one of those two was a goal.
    Last edited by robertearle; 02-17-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Rolfes is not being honored tonight, she is going through the redshirt process for her So. year, so here's to hoping she's back next year.
      Rolfes posted of photo of the seniors on her instagram with the comment of how much she was going to miss them "around here next year", and then Roque commented back "But we get to keep you!". So they clearly think Rolfes is going to be back next year.

(No, I'm not cyber-stalking. Well, not really, anyway. Once you click on one instagram post, the program then 'suggests' other post you might be interested in. So you click on something from 'the UW Women Hockey team', and it suggests a post from Wellhausen; so you click on that, and it suggests a post from Norby; and on and on.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
        Rolfes posted of photo of the seniors on her instagram with the comment of how much she was going to miss them "around here next year", and then Roque commented back "But we get to keep you!". So they clearly think Rolfes is going to be back next year.

(No, I'm not cyber-stalking. Well, not really, anyway. Once you click on one instagram post, the program then 'suggests' other post you might be interested in. So you click on something from 'the UW Women Hockey team', and it suggests a post from Wellhausen; so you click on that, and it suggests a post from Norby; and on and on.)
        I wouldn't worry about cyber-stalking. They are public accounts, so it's understood superfans like us will poke around a bit.

I felt like I was stalking Frosty's mind watching him write his notes down on his notepad as the game wore on. He wrote down "Faceoffs...Skate....Believe in your passes".....then I didn't see anymore, the drama of the game took over. His assistant's handwriting is illegible.

I almost missed Mauermann walking into the tunnel, it was close. I was intently watching the rodent sieves warm up and my wife was there for once, so that was a little distracting too.

Are they going to give the wcha trophy to the team today after the game?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Player parents in front of me today; I asked them about Shaver.

Shoulder, separation/dislocation, etc. Maybe four weeks. *Maybe* available for NCAA Final Four.

(I didn't ask about Mauermann; I didn't want to press my luck.)

Comment

Player parents in front of me today; I asked them about Shaver.

Shoulder, separation/dislocation, etc. Maybe four weeks. *Maybe* available for NCAA Final Four.

(I didn't ask about Mauermann; I didn't want to press my luck.)

Drake didn't make any glaring mistakes in Shaver's spot and didn't look out of place. I don't think the 4th line set foot on the ice between the drop of the puck Friday and the final horn Saturday.

I wasn't sure what to expect missing the 4th and 6th leading scoring F's, and UW was fortunate to get the win only scoring the 1 goal with a mega short bench. Mauermann has a lower body injury but I didn't see any limping going on.

I was shocked to read that this is the first season ever UW has swept the regular season against the rodents.

I really enjoy watching the hardware get hoisted.

Comment

I was shocked to read that this is the first season ever UW has swept the regular season against the rodents.
              Baylee Wellhausen, as quoted on the UW website's game story:

"I think that makes my five-year-old self who loathed the Golden Gophers very happy. I've had all these years with that hatred so to be a part of that first group to sweep the Gophers multiple times is pretty freaking awesome."

I love that, "my five-year old self".

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                Baylee Wellhausen, as quoted on the UW website's game story:

"I think that makes my five-year-old self who loathed the Golden Gophers very happy. I've had all these years with that hatred so to be a part of that first group to sweep the Gophers multiple times is pretty freaking awesome."

I love that, "my five-year old self".
                Words that could come back to haunt her.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                  Words that could come back to haunt her.
                  If the Gophers advance to play them again, sure to be prominently posted on the wall of locker room.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    If the Gophers advance to play them again, sure to be prominently posted on the wall of locker room.
                    It will come as news to Gopher players that Badger players enjoy beating them?

Comment

It will come as news to Gopher players that Badger players enjoy beating them?
                      No but the extreme hatred as voiced by Wellhausen is a bit surprising.

Comment

No but the extreme hatred as voiced by Wellhausen is a bit surprising.
                        Really? She grew up in Wisconsin in a hockey family. "Uncle Tony" is in Korea right now coaching the US team. And the "extreme hatred" is why she calls it her "five-year old" reaction; there's a reason she phrased it that way that you seem to be ignoring.

What sort of reaction would Gopher players have expected?

Comment

And the "extreme hatred" is why she calls it her "five-year old" reaction; there's a reason she phrased it that way that you seem to be ignoring.
                          And you seem to be ignoring the part where she said, "I've had all these years with that hatred..." leaving no doubt her hatred continued well beyond age 5. Just because another team is a big rival doesn't mean you have to grow up hating them.

Comment

And you seem to be ignoring the part where she said, "I've had all these years with that hatred..." leaving no doubt her hatred continued well beyond age 5. Just because another team is a big rival doesn't mean you have to grow up hating them.
                            If that is what it takes to motivate Gopher players against Wisconsin, then you guys really do have problems this year.

Sheesh! Whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              If that is what it takes to motivate Gopher players against Wisconsin, then you guys really do have problems this year.

Sheesh! Whatever.
                              It’s a poor attempt at trash talking!

Comment

Just because another team is a big rival doesn't mean you have to grow up hating them.
                                It's Minnesota.

Comment

Working...
                                X