Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Let's go RED!

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    Over a period of fifteen days, they played six games against top ten teams. Going 6-0 is pretty good!
    How full is that glass, eh? Obviously I am shocked at the results. The credit has to go to the coaches, what an outstanding job putting this team together and coaching them up. Losing all that scoring and leadership and to play so well is just a testament to the coaches and players. It's especially gratifying seeing our neighbors to the west being in similar circumstances and not having the same results as UW. Gotta keep enjoying the ride.

It always bugs me when the players get roaring ovations during the intros and Mark Johnson get hardly a peep when he is announced. He should get the biggest ovation, though he'd tell you he doesn't deserve it. It's like the UW fan base does not appreciate what a crazy awesome job he has done in the past and is doing this year. I fear the day when he steps away. I don't know if Koch though he's been around for quite some time will be able to keep it going.

I did not see the games this last weekend, but the shots were 34/22 and 28/27, not lopsided at all (Last year shots were 51/11 and 31/14). I know from twitter Soup made some huge saves Saturday and likely stole that game. The only goal she gave up was a 6 on 3 in the final seconds. Gardner needs to stop taking dumb penalties at the ends of games, she almost blew a win in Mankato, but Soup bailed her out.

A week off then another interesting trip out east playing NE & BU. Could be a lot of distractions with US Thanksgiving that weekend, but they have passed every test so far.

Anyone else hate that "It's our time" pregame video? It's SO cheesy. All they need is the historical montage, that never gets old.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

just replying to get the green arrow. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    ...Anyone else hate that "It's our time" pregame video? It's SO cheesy.
    Is that a pun?

Anyone else hate that "It's our time" pregame video? It's SO cheesy. All they need is the historical montage, that never gets old.
    Anyone else hate that "It's our time" pregame video? It's SO cheesy. All they need is the historical montage, that never ages.

tweaked a bit...

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Anyone else hate that "It's our time" pregame video? It's SO cheesy. All they need is the historical montage, that never ages.

tweaked a bit...
    I did groove an 84 mph fastball in the middle of the plate belt high, I'm glad to see you hit that pitch.

I did groove an 84 mph fastball in the middle of the plate belt high, I'm glad to see you hit that pitch.
    Or perhaps the Hockey program is trying to focus on the now and put away their game worn Hilary Knight jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Is that a pun?
    Pretty Krafty one at that.

Let's go RED!

Apparently there is another recruit coming in next year, F Jesse Devito. She's listed as a WI recruit all over the web if you google her. Thanks to the poster in the "who ruin WI's perfect season" thread who pointed this out.

Sad Panda
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin

Apparently there is another recruit coming in next year, F Jesse Devito. She's listed as a WI recruit all over the web if you google her. Thanks to the poster in the "who ruin WI's perfect season" thread who pointed this out.
    Crap. This is a tricky one. I see her listed as a commit, but nothing official from the school or from her.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Crap. This is a tricky one. I see her listed as a commit, but nothing official from the school or from her.
    I could not find anything from her either. Can all those site be wrong though? Whatever you decide as the holder of the book of knowledge is good with me. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving and yes, On Wisconsin!

Let's go RED!

Any chance the women's game gets moved to a different time slot to remove the time conflict with the football game?

Any chance the women's game gets moved to a different time slot to remove the time conflict with the football game?
    I'm afraid if they haven't done it by now, they're not going to. UW football's berth into the game became 'known' two full weeks ago already (and a quite probable thing months ago). Why they scheduled a WH game for that date and time in the first place is just beyond me. This was completely predictable.

Adding... the only time slot available would be Sunday: women BB at the KC 11 AM Sat, and men's BB at 4 PM. I assume Duluth - rightfully - is objecting to an extra day and night on the road.

(On top of that, the NCAA volleyball bracket was announced last night: UW is NOT hosting - a surprise and disappointment - and if they win their opening match Fri 4PM, will be playing at 6:30 PM Sat night. So come 7 PM Sat, UW VB in progress, and UW football kicking off, UW WH at home, AND UW men's hockey playing at Minnesota. Gophers-Badgers men's hockey your 4th option, an afterthought!)
    Last edited by robertearle; 11-27-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Let's go RED!

I'm afraid if they haven't done it by now, they're not going to. UW football's berth into the game became 'known' two full weeks ago already (and a quite probable thing months ago). Why they scheduled a WH game for that date and time in the first place is just beyond me. This was completely predictable.

Adding... the only time slot available would be Sunday: women BB at the KC 11 AM Sat, and men's BB at 4 PM. I assume Duluth - rightfully - is objecting to an extra day and night on the road.

(On top of that, the NCAA volleyball bracket was announced last night: UW is NOT hosting - a surprise and disappointment - and if they win their opening match Fri 4PM, will be playing at 6:30 PM Sat night. So come 7 PM Sat, UW VB in progress, and UW football kicking off, UW WH at home, AND UW men's hockey playing at Minnesota. Gophers-Badgers men's hockey your 4th option, an afterthought!)
    Shockingly they changed BOTH times. Friday was great @ 7, now it's 5. Now I basically have to pick my daughter up from school and head right to Madison. Plus don't they realize people eat supper in the 5 to 6 wheelhouse? Saturday noon again is right in the lunch wheelhouse. Looks like 2 fast food / rink meals this weekend or we pack and eat in the car on the drive in. I am happy though they accommodated the football time. I wasn't sure if I was going to go the hockey game or stay home and watch FB.

Shockingly they changed BOTH times. Friday was great @ 7, now it's 5. Now I basically have to pick my daughter up from school and head right to Madison. Plus don't they realize people eat supper in the 5 to 6 wheelhouse? Saturday noon again is right in the lunch wheelhouse. Looks like 2 fast food / rink meals this weekend or we pack and eat in the car on the drive in. I am happy though they accommodated the football time. I wasn't sure if I was going to go the hockey game or stay home and watch FB.
    Yes, Friday 7PM was good for me, too, because I could watch a video stream of women's volleyball at 4 PM, then head for LaBahn when it was over. That's now out the window.

So I 'gain' the Saturday WH game, but lose the Friday game.

And why in the world did they wait two weeks to do this?

Note for parking: (at least for the moment) women's basketball still shows as an 11 AM Saturday start. So much for 'no events at LaBahn and Kohl at the same time'.

Let's go RED!

Note for parking: (at least for the moment) women's basketball still shows as an 11 AM Saturday start. So much for 'no events at LaBahn and Kohl at the same time'.
    And it won't be free either.

At least losing to NE didn't put any dent in the wcha standings.

I'm looking forward to see the UMD team I've been dogging all year. Nothing beats the eye test.

Making America Great Again
    on the road helping illegals move to Canada

... Plus don't they realize people eat supper in the 5 to 6 wheelhouse? ... I wasn't sure if I was going to go the hockey game or stay home and watch FB.
    maybe they figure thye'll sell more of that delicious nacho n cheese at the game?

it's all over for the Badgers hockey team, NE exposed their weakness and every WCHA will be studying the game tapes, you'll be lucky to score a goal the rest of the season

if I were you I'd forget hockey and just watch football
    Really folks, we should forgive Al Franken, that is one hot babe, how could he resist grabbin' her? .... maybe if he'd have remembered he's married?

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    maybe they figure thye'll sell more of that delicious nacho n cheese at the game?

it's all over for the Badgers hockey team, NE exposed their weakness and every WCHA will be studying the game tapes, you'll be lucky to score a goal the rest of the season

if I were you I'd forget hockey and just watch football
    Yeah, you are right, I should just sell my tickets and use that money to travel to the UW/Clemson football game instead. Since the UW women have no hope to win the natty I'll put all my money on the FB team.

Yeah, you are right, I should just sell my tickets and use that money to travel to the UW/Clemson football game instead. Since the UW women have no hope to win the natty I'll put all my money on the FB team.
    They first need to get by Ohio State, which as of now is a 6 1/2 favorite. If you put all of your money on the line, at least make sure you get the 6 1/2 points.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Making America Great Again
    on the road helping illegals move to Canada

Thatís it, dump those hockey tickets before they are worthless.
    I donít know if Iíd count on a championship bowl game just yet, they only flogged the Boat Rowers 31-0, Northwestern beat them 39-0.
    The bowl committee likes big blow outs over the cup cakes, you could end up playing USC or Washington
    Really folks, we should forgive Al Franken, that is one hot babe, how could he resist grabbin' her? .... maybe if he'd have remembered he's married?

Let's go RED!

Solid series for UW, other than the pp. A couple plays that standout to me were the Roque blocker side snipe yesterday, Shaver's beautiful tip today and Rolfes end to end rush goal, what shocker that was. The game was a little more even today territorially, but UW does such a great job in the D zone limiting chances.

I wonder where Cece is, she did not suit up and was not on the bench during warm-ups either game.

Thread Information