This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Doing the hockey double today. Hopefully the women can avoid the upset weekend trend with BC and UM going down and come out of the gates strong. The men's team better have a fired lit under their behinds after last night's debacle.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

UW looked rock solid off the long shut down period. Schneider looked like she had found another gear. 2 awesome backhanded goals where momma puts the cookies by Pettit and Mauerman, glove side high and blocker side high. MJ played the 4 the liberally, which was expected considering the opponent and Rowe popped a goal. That line has great effort, it's almost a little sad that you can see what they want to do sometimes, but the hands can't move that fast yet. Soup had a tremendous save on a breakaway and on the scramble in front afterwards on the only D breakdown. The PP even worked.

Comment

One PM start time for both Women's Basketball and Women's Hockey today. (!!)

Finding parking could get 'interesting'.

Comment

Stick tap to Mankato on 2 fronts. Front one is they came out FLYING like their skates were on fire in the first period. It was impressive. I think they were outshooting UW 6-3 at one point. They could not maintain that (why?) eventually the game fell into a typical UW/Kato battle. Front 2 is the weekend had no gooney cheap garbage on their part. In fact on Sunday they took 0 penalties and from what I saw there really weren't an egregious misses by Ludwig and Kaehler.

Overall a decent performance, though the shot volume wasn't the best. I think Shaver is getting a little too shooty, there were a couple times were the pass was the better play, but that is from a low angle view on the ice, so you never know. I hope Schneider isn't injured, she was on the 3rd line and playing well, then Rowe was in her place and I didn't see the 4th line with Schneider after that.

Off to BSU this upcoming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Stick tap to Mankato on 2 fronts. Front one is they came out FLYING like their skates were on fire in the first period. It was impressive. I think they were outshooting UW 6-3 at one point. They could not maintain that (why?) eventually the game fell into a typical UW/Kato battle. Front 2 is the weekend had no gooney cheap garbage on their part. In fact on Sunday they took 0 penalties and from what I saw there really weren't an egregious misses by Ludwig and Kaehler.

Overall a decent performance, though the shot volume wasn't the best. I think Shaver is getting a little too shooty, there were a couple times were the pass was the better play, but that is from a low angle view on the ice, so you never know. I hope Schneider isn't injured, she was on the 3rd line and playing well, then Rowe was in her place and I didn't see the 4th line with Schneider after that.

Off to BSU this upcoming weekend.
            I thought the weekend vs. Mankato was as complete a weekend as one could have hoped for. You have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat and a 6-0 and a 4-0 shutout was impressive. Saturday's game featured six different goal scorers and the PP got on track. One would have expected the Mavericks to come out stronger in Sundays game and they did just that. The goal by Wellhausen with 13 seconds left in the first period seemed to be the back breaker though. After that it was all UW. For it being the first games in over a month I was pretty impressed. All 4 lines contributed and the special teams were clicking. Campbell didn't have to face too many quality scoring chances but, in the few instances she was tested she came up big! I thought Shaver played great all weekend. I have no problem with her shooting the puck and that pass to Kepler in the third yesterday was a really nice play. You have to like the depth this team has moving forward. I really thought the Badgers first 2 lines were clicking this weekend and dominated much of the play.
            Last edited by rangersrule; 01-15-2018, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I was quite impressed with #19, Brittyn Fleming. She skates well and handles the puck well. And she's from Oregon, WI (10-15 miles from Madison). How'd she get away?

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                I was quite impressed with #19, Brittyn Fleming. She skates well and handles the puck well. And she's from Oregon, WI (10-15 miles from Madison). How'd she get away?
                She was very noticeable. I suspect it was a Kepler type deal, no or not enough $ to get her to come to UW, who knows. Based on what I have seen out of the UW Freshman so far I'd take her over Posick, possibly Drake and Hanzlick as well. Best wishes to Brittyn on her future.

Next year UW is going to have 3 extra F with Clark, Pankowski, Shriley and Curl coming in. Curl had a heck of a U18 tourney, that's one heck of a great recruiting class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  She was very noticeable. I suspect it was a Kepler type deal, no or not enough $ to get her to come to UW, who knows. Based on what I have seen out of the UW Freshman so far I'd take her over Posick, possibly Drake and Hanzlick as well. Best wishes to Brittyn on her future.

Next year UW is going to have 3 extra F with Clark, Pankowski, Shriley and Curl coming in. Curl had a heck of a U18 tourney, that's one heck of a great recruiting class.
                  As for Shirley - she did not seem to have a great series in Europe but it appears that she was not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                    As for Shirley - she did not seem to have a great series in Europe but it appears that she was not alone.
                    That was Grace, Sophie's little sis.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      I doubt Fleming got away....I would assume the Badgers know the WI talent very well and they make the decision first if they want to make an offer to a player, then the player gets to decide....Remember, you only saw what she did on the ice for one weekend....lots of other factors come into play.

Comment

You keep forgetting Jesse DeVito next fall....unless she decommitted, she will be a Badger forward...she committed before Curl...

As far a Posick/Fleming, didn't they play together on the same AAA team through high school?? I am sure the Badgers saw them both play many times....

Drake/Hanzlik are both from NAHA and the Badgers have taken many players from that program over the years.....Kronish coming in 2018...my point is that if Fleming was a current Badger freshman, she would be on the 4th line seeing limited action too with the talent the Badgers have so tough for anyone to shine in that role....jury can decide after Jr. year on how the 2017 class played out...lots of players sitting in the stands for next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          That was Grace, Sophie's little sis.
                          Sophie played for the Canadian U22 team in Germany during the XMas break.

Comment

Originally posted by WH Fan View Post
                            I doubt Fleming got away....I would assume the Badgers know the WI talent very well and they make the decision first if they want to make an offer to a player, then the player gets to decide....Remember, you only saw what she did on the ice for one weekend....lots of other factors come into play.
                            I meant in maybe a 'Claudia Kepler' kind of way. Yes, I am sure the Badger coaching staff was aware of Fleming. And that grades can come into play, as can 'family' considerations (Amanda Kessel, eg).

Mostly, I was 'wondering out loud'.

Comment

Originally posted by WH Fan View Post
                              You keep forgetting Jesse DeVito next fall....unless she decommitted, she will be a Badger forward...she committed before Curl...
                              The holder of the UW recruiting spreadsheet has not put her on for some reason. She is clearly committed via the Neutral Zone. I will pencil her onto my copy. Thanks again for the reminder.

Comment

The holder of the UW recruiting spreadsheet has not put her on for some reason. She is clearly committed via the Neutral Zone. I will pencil her onto my copy. Thanks again for the reminder.
                                Sorry that I missed it.

She has been added to the spreadsheet.
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X