Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Let's go RED!

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    There is no notification on Twitter when you unfollow someone. There are sites that let you see who followed and unfollowed you, but you have to sign up for them.

Hopefully Wellhausen is able to get back soon.
    Fantastic. Now I will unfollow them and not hurt their feelings. Wellhausen seems to be racked with self-doubt, off the ice anyway.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Sad Panda
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Fantastic. Now I will unfollow them and not hurt their feelings. Wellhausen seems to be racked with self-doubt, off the ice anyway.
    Of course, I will now check to see if you unfollow me on Twitter and torment you forever.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Of course, I will now check to see if you unfollow me on Twitter and torment you forever.
    I follow you? Maybe I better start, LOL.

Maybe I'm just too old but, I don't really get the whole middle aged man commenting on tweets from female college athletes thing.. Seems pretty creepy to me. As I said I am old and from a different generation and maybe I'm not supposed to understand. Don't really get the self doubt comment either. Do you actually follow these kids that closely to know these things? Explain.
    Last edited by rangersrule; 10-03-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Sad Panda
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by rangersrule View Post
    Maybe I'm just too old but, I don't really get the whole middle aged man commenting on tweets from female college athletes thing.. Seems pretty creepy to me. As I said I am old and from a different generation and maybe I'm not supposed to understand. Don't really understand the self doubt comment either.
    So, I had a similar quandary the other day as I there was an athlete for a team I support in England that said they were from Georgia. I didn't want to be the creepy old guy who asked her a question about it, but ended up doing it anyway and got into an interesting conversation with her as a result.

I can't say that I'll be reaching out to athletes like that again, but in this case it wasn't too awkward.

Let's go RED!

Don't really get the self doubt comment either. Do you actually follow these kids that closely to know these things? Explain.
    Sometimes she'd make a comment like having another "Monday" when it's Thursday, or she screwed up in practice and had to do pushups, funny little ironic things that happen, simple stuff like that. You don't really follow them closely, they simply comment on twitter and if you follow them, your see it. With Facebook or Instagram, you have to go digging into their postings, you have to kind of work for the info. I only ever tweeted back at ARD and we had a few fun exchanges. My ultimate goal was to glean hockey info from their postings, but their postings are all interpersonal things, hence I have unfollowed them. I don't do Instagram or Facebook.

Sometimes she'd make a comment like having another "Monday" when it's Thursday, or she screwed up in practice and had to do pushups, funny little ironic things that happen, simple stuff like that. You don't really follow them closely, they simply comment on twitter and if you follow them, your see it. With Facebook or Instagram, you have to go digging into their postings, you have to kind of work for the info. I only ever tweeted back at ARD and we had a few fun exchanges. My ultimate goal was to glean hockey info from their postings, but their postings are all interpersonal things, hence I have unfollowed them. I don't do Instagram or Facebook.
    So based on these examples you can allow yourself to say a player is "racked with self doubt"? Pretty bold statement based on what college kids write on their twitter account! Neither of those statements you mention shows self doubt!! This is was exactly what I was talking about in my previous post. It's just weird to me to follow an account to "glean hockey info"! Very strange.
    Last edited by rangersrule; 10-04-2017 at 10:18 AM.

So based on these examples you can allow yourself to say a player is "racked with self doubt"? Pretty bold statement based on what a college kid writes on her twitter account! Neither of those statements you mention shows self doubt!! This is was exactly what I was talking about in my previous post. It's just weird to me to have what seems to me like a "super fan" creeping on a players twitter account to "glean hockey info"! Very strange.
    On the other hand, it's the 21st Century and there is now what they call "Social Media". The players can make their twitter accounts private if they want, and a lot of them do. I agree that care should be taken to not cross lines, but I also don't think there's an age limit to the twitter accounts. A lot of what they post is interesting and educational of what's on their minds. The fans of these teams tend to be either pretty young or pretty "mature". We don't necessarily need to go out of our way to define every expression of interest in the players from the "mature" fans as creepy.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    We don't necessarily need to go out of our way to define every expression of interest in the players from the "mature" fans as creepy.
    So I'm not mature, so that means I'm not creepy, whew. I will say my wife thinks it's creepy that I discuss hockey on this board. Her personality is such that she doesn't ever want to make waves or make her views known, even if it is in her best interest to do so, but at least she did in the world of love.

So the 2 most interesting things this weekend to me are will Wellhausen play and will Campbell start in both games? I wouldn't rush her back, her being at 100% for the upcoming rodent series is paramount and the way Rowe played in her spot gives me confidence that line will not be torpedo'ed by Wellahusen's absence, assuming the lines don't change. I'm also curious about Cece's prognosis, though obviously Campbell is doing a fine job, and if Cece comes back and supplants her she must be really freaking good.

So I'm not mature, so that means I'm not creepy, whew. I will say my wife thinks it's creepy that I discuss hockey on this board. Her personality is such that she doesn't ever want to make waves or make her views known, even if it is in her best interest to do so, but at least she did in the world of love.

So the 2 most interesting things this weekend to me are will Wellhausen play and will Campbell start in both games? I wouldn't rush her back, her being at 100% for the upcoming rodent series is paramount and the way Rowe played in her spot gives me confidence that line will not be torpedo'ed by Wellahusen's absence, assuming the lines don't change. I'm also curious about Cece's prognosis, though obviously Campbell is doing a fine job, and if Cece comes back and supplants her she must be really freaking good.
    I think u hit the nerve of a certain parent...he'll get over it! Rowe did a great job last week! Her size was an asset around the net area from what I saw.

No stream of the game today? Nice program Cuse! Was hoping to watch the Badgers & the Gophs today! Guess it will be the Gophs & BC!

Keep the blog alive Timothy A!!!!!

Posted on the team's twiiter page is a video of them coming out of 'the tunnel' for warm-ups. Wellhausen isn't even dressed to play. (And the video didn't start soon enough to pick up which goalie led them out).

Let's go RED!

Cece is dressed! Listed #2 on the depth chart, great to see her in the pads. Wellhausen is out, Rowe on 3rd line with Cogan and Mauermann. I totally missed it last week, but when Wellhausen was hurt, they moved Schneider up to Wellhausen's spot on the 2nd line and and inserted Rowe in her spot on the 3rd line. It's hard to keep track of lines when you are at the games with so much of the roster new, too much to take in. Or I'm just a loser.

Let's GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go RED!

Another tally in the W column. Apparently Soup played awesome with some big saves per the twitter feed and she needed to as you don't win many games only scoring 1 goal. Outshot them 39-20, but seeing the 3rd period 9-8 in a one goal game is not ideal, they needed to crank it up an bury the Orange. That being said, the first road game in game 1 of a series against a totally unfamiliar team for a young team and it ended in a positive way for WI. I suspect UW will make adjustments based on what they saw Friday and we'll see an improved outcome.

With Soup playing this well backing up a young team that it's not quite known where the scoring will come from will we ever see Cece or Blesi start this year?

With Soup playing this well backing up a young team that it's not quite known where the scoring will come from will we ever see Cece or Blesi start this year?
    Wonder what Morale level is like with Cece and Blesi? They much love the late ND teammate! Blesi definitely sold out here!! #tranferprobcomingsoon

Quote Originally Posted by AAA Dad View Post
    Wonder what Morale level is like with Cece and Blesi? They much love the late ND teammate! Blesi definitely sold out here!! #tranferprobcomingsoon
    The last time I checked this was D1. Like everyone you have to earn your playing time. I feel for the goalie position because only 1 can play. Campbell had no choice but to transfer and she has obviously stepped up to be the #1 for now. Not sure how anyone was sold out. Pretty bold statement claiming a transfer coming soon. It is tough to be # 1 at any D1 school. Hope the goalies all stick it out and push one another to be great. BTW the last poll I saw UW was ranked 1, but who cares how the TEAM is doing right?!!

Let's go RED!

Really? I'm sure they will be good teammates. Cece could be a little bummed with Campbell coming in so late, but Blesi knew what she was getting into with Cece already here. Life doesn't always go as you plan it to go, in fact I would say it doesn't more than it does, and that is a life lesson learned both on and off the ice.

Letís not forget, this isnít the NHL. These elite women are getting a world class education at very little expense. Not to mention playing for the number 1 team in the country in a beautiful facility. Getting recruited by a top D1 program as a goalie is tough (Iím a goalie parent myself &#128556 since there are very few spots available each year. Iím sure they count their blessings every day, at least they should.

Really? I'm sure they will be good teammates. Cece could be a little bummed with Campbell coming in so late, but Blesi knew what she was getting into with Cece already here. Life doesn't always go as you plan it to go, in fact I would say it doesn't more than it does, and that is a life lesson learned both on and off the ice.
    I agree. Campbell was really, really good this past weekend in Syracuse. She made some top level saves in both games and faced a pretty high quantity of shots relative to past games this season so far. And I'm sure the other 3 goalies were very supportive. There are only 34 other starting opportunities for a goalie at the D-1 level. Being a backup goalie at Wisconsin is actually an honor I would think!

Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature
    Oooh, are we doing HOT TAKES now (with a bonus dose of jumping to conclusions that a freshman is angrily stewing)? I think those can be fun....allow me to respond...

To ME, that's prePOSTEROUS! A HEALTHY competition is what DRIVES A WINNING PROGRAM. It's been shown TIME and TIME again! Blesi now has a mentor...who's gonna SHOW WHAT IT MEANS TO WANT IT MORE. And when she wants it the most, she's not letting in a goal. Not. One. WHAT do you think she's gonna do, transfer to DULUTH? You don't want a problem with ME, Kevin Dur--oops, I mean--you don't want a problem with ME, Maura CROWELL!

That's PREPOSTEROUS, Skip!

Stephen A, out.

Must be time for some creepy cyberstalking.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZtf9LsH...y=k.campbell35

Cece on the left, Campbell in the middle, Baldwin on the right.

('Badgerville' is one of the football pre-game tailgate event where the band shows up, etc; Each team is 'featured' at one game, where they sign autographs, etc, at Badgerville and then are introduced on the field between quarters during the game. This was a week ago Saturday before the Northwestern game, and after the Mercyhurst series.)
    Last edited by robertearle; 10-09-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Thread Information