X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
    And then it was dropped. No TV for this game afterall - and not even a reason from BTN as to why.

Still a 5pm game time for Sunday, but you'll have to pay BTN+ to watch from home.
    The agony of defeat. That sucks.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

And then it was dropped. No TV for this game afterall - and not even a reason from BTN as to why.

Still a 5pm game time for Sunday, but you'll have to pay BTN+ to watch from home.
      This was all Frosty Smoke Screen to force the Badgers to sit around all day on a Sunday & wait for a 5pm game. They should be good & flat by then...

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
        In 2014… I honestly don't know how they won the Minny game despite being in the stands to watch it.
        I’m giving the Clarkson player a gold star for stepping on a stick and falling, and the referee a lollipop (sucker) for falling for it too.
        But in the end it was the Gophers fault for giving up a goal on a delayed penalty and then giving up another goal on the resulting PP. You can’t do that and expect to win.
        The other thing is when it gets to the FF they all have the talent to win, sometimes it is just who wants it more, who is the most tenacious/determined/whatever. In 2014 & 2017 IMO it was Clarkson.
        Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
        … As much as I don't understand the USCHO voters in that Clarkson lost points beating the #6 team in the nation twice… One of the things that I think has made Matt so successful at Clarkson is the development of the team from game 1 to game 40.
        If it is any consolation to you, after I posted my ranking I looked at it and wanted to change Clarkson to #1 and move everyone else down, but figured it would be nice to take down the #1 team this weekend … 
        Exactly, it isn’t how a team play in October & November, it is In Feb & March
        Last edited by pokechecker; 10-26-2017, 10:20 AM. Reason: if you want to watch the game ... be there!

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
          Exactly, it isn’t how a team play in October & November, it is In Feb & March
          Although in determining your Pairwise ranking the games in October and November are important too.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
            This was all Frosty Smoke Screen to force the Badgers to sit around all day on a Sunday & wait for a 5pm game. They should be good & flat by then...
            HA! You are rodent fan first and foremost. I knew it.

Comment

If anyone has a lead on tix for the Ohio State game I'd appreciate it. Thought I could walk up. Ooops!

Good on the Women for selling it out!

Comment

My theory is that a BTN intern/newbie saw a great matchup between MN and Wis teams, slotted the time in the programming, and then their boss realized that the gals played in the WCHA, not the Big10. Bye bye TV time, and maybe by
                e bye newbie. Any other explanations?
                I'll be at the game as always, but like to DVR the rare occasions the games are televised.

Comment

Originally posted by drewkal View Post
                  My theory is that a BTN intern/newbie saw a great matchup between MN and Wis teams, slotted the time in the programming, and then their boss realized that the gals played in the WCHA, not the Big10. Bye bye TV time, and maybe by
                  e bye newbie. Any other explanations?
                  I'll be at the game as always, but like to DVR the rare occasions the games are televised.
                  Most seasons, one UW home game and one UM home game wind up shown live on BTN. They try to find a game where they are playing each other or OSU. It is possible that one of this weekend's games winds up shown after the fact, like on Tuesday morning, but it will be Student U rather than a BTN production crew. These are almost never in the guide more than a couple days in advance.

I don't think they let the interns pick programming. More often than not, the UM game on BTN has been after the new year, but there aren't many options this season, as the Gophs only have 2018 home series with Vermont and MSU.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    .... I don't think they let the interns pick programming. More often than not, the UM game on BTN has been after the new year, but there aren't many options this season, as the Gophs only have 2018 home series with Vermont and MSU.
                    At 5 PM, I'm planning to turn on BTN, just to see what's there...

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      Me too. I looked on my TV guide, it says nothing about women’s hockey. I believe field hockey and women’s hockey are getting some air time, which is cool for them but doesn’t help us ice hockey fans.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                        Michigan vs Maryland men's soccer: http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=211675272

Here's the up-to-date schedule: http://btn.com/shows/

Comment

Well, I didn't expect to get outshot badly and win the game, that's for sure. Both games were UM/UW typical nail biters, except for that awesome game last year. Considering UW had recent worrisome inconsistencies, the sweep is a unexpected result. I thought UM could take advantage of that, if UW presented long stretches of weak play. I do not know if there were any stretches of weak play by them or not this last weekend.

UW can't be too high from this weekend and come out flat against OSU. I am very excited to see OSU in person and will be able to judge in person just how good they are compared to what I have seen from them in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            UW can't be too high from this weekend and come out flat against OSU.
                            Kepler's first game as a Badger against Ohio State? I don't think they'll be 'looking past' it, etc. She circled next weekend on her calendar last June when the schedules came out.

Comment

Claudia was a big part of OSU for 3 years, great to see her doing so well. Huge roster changes since her departure and finally it appears some stability. Should be great games, OSU is for real and Claudia will witness that herself !

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              Kepler's first game as a Badger against Ohio State? I don't think they'll be 'looking past' it, etc. She circled next weekend on her calendar last June when the schedules came out.

Comment

Early in the weekend, UM got behind the Wisconsin D a couple of times with homerun passes. By the end of the weekend, it was all the Gophers could do to get the puck deep somehow to change when they needed it. UM doesn't have enough offense right now to keep the Badgers honest, so UW can clamp down with a VERY aggressive forecheck and the Gophers couldn't do much about it. If you eventually run into a team with enough weapons (BC, Clarkson, Colgate) you will likely have to back off a bit or they'll take advantage. I don't know that the back half of your D can hold up to a team that is great in transition if you throw caution to the wind. Until then, you should stay No. 1, because the only time you'll lose is when you dominate a lesser team but whistle all of your Grade A chances into the boards and glass.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X