Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Schedule is finally out with times, no ugly surprises. I like the 8 games that start @ 7. Afternoon games kinda screw up the day for other things, but of course the games are the priority. Hockey in 10 days!
    The most "interesting" one to me is Dec 2nd, vs UMD.

Mens basketball at Kohl Center at 4 PM.
    Women's hockey at LaBahn, currently scheduled at 7 PM
    Big Ten football championship (I presume) at 7 PM
    Women's NCAA tournament volleyball (if they get home court - quite likely - and unless they get Thur-Fri instead of Fri-Sat) at the Field House 7 PM.
    Women's basketball at Kohl Center, TBA (I assume noon ?)

What, no men's hockey?!?

Normally, they wouldn't try to go up against the Big Ten FB championship, particularly if UW is in it, but there's no other Saturday time that is even possible. Don't be surprised if this gets changed to a Sunday game.

South Korea and the Friday Lindenwood games are head-to-head against home volleyball. BOOO!

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    The most "interesting" one to me is Dec 2nd, vs UMD.

Mens basketball at Kohl Center at 4 PM.
    Women's hockey at LaBahn, currently scheduled at 7 PM
    Big Ten football championship (I presume) at 7 PM
    Women's NCAA tournament volleyball (if they get home court - quite likely - and unless they get Thur-Fri instead of Fri-Sat) at the Field House 7 PM.
    Women's basketball at Kohl Center, TBA (I assume noon ?)

What, no men's hockey?!?

Normally, they wouldn't try to go up against the Big Ten FB championship, particularly if UW is in it, but there's no other Saturday time that is even possible. Don't be surprised if this gets changed to a Sunday game.

South Korea and the Friday Lindenwood games are head-to-head against home volleyball. BOOO!
    Fantastic schedule analysis as usual.

5 days until Typhoon Bucky is unleashed on our unsuspecting Allies.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Let's go RED!

UW picked to finish a close 2nd to the rodents in the coach's poll. Roque gets one vote for player of the year. No Badgers are predicted to be ROY, that I know will not be the case in March.

I am interested to see if UW's attempt to wear down their opponents through sheer goalie depth will pay off. Not sure it will, but if it does, look for the other coaches to jump on the trend.

5 days until Typhoon Bucky is unleashed on our unsuspecting Allies.
    Has anybody received their tickets in the mail yet?

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Leather helmet View Post
    I am interested to see if UW's attempt to wear down their opponents through sheer goalie depth will pay off. Not sure it will, but if it does, look for the other coaches to jump on the trend.
    Yeah, you should hold your breath on that one. I'd guess he'll play the top 3 Saturday night. I don't think they will see a lot of action, but maybe they will.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    Has anybody received their tickets in the mail yet?
    Negative.

Yeah, you should hold your breath on that one. I'd guess he'll play the top 3 Saturday night. I don't think they will see a lot of action, but maybe they will.
    I'm guessing that the Badgers will probably be using this game as a true practice type game. With such an early start to the season I doubt that the coaching staff has had much direct contact with the team and probably hasn't had many on-ice practices with them yet either. I'm sure all different types of line combinations/D-pairings will be tried out as well as all the goalies getting a chance. Nevertheless, Badger Hockey is only a couple days away!! I am pretty excited to see what this season will bring!

Let's go RED!

Season tickets arrived today! On Wisconsin, Forever Forward and Let's GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I'm missing something or don't know anything, but can anyone clue me in why Pankowski didn't get ANY votes for POY? As far as size, strength, speed, and skills, she is unmatched by any returning player in this league IMO...with all due respect to Sauve.

UW picked to finish a close 2nd to the rodents in the coach's poll. Roque gets one vote for player of the year. No Badgers are predicted to be ROY, that I know will not be the case in March.

Quote Originally Posted by play-by-play guy View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something or don't know anything, but can anyone clue me in why Pankowski didn't get ANY votes for POY? As far as size, strength, speed, and skills, she is unmatched by any returning player in this league IMO...with all due respect to Sauve.
    Pankowski has been centralized to the USA National Team and most likely will play in the Olympics. She will not play college hockey this season.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by play-by-play guy View Post
    I'd throw Clark into the mix too, but that will be for next year's POTY.

2, I say 2 days until I smell LaBahn again. I wonder how rowdy we should be seeing as this is an exhibition. I don't recall if we sieved the Japs a few years back. It was ironic that year the Navy color guard presented the flag for the National Anthem. I didn't think UW had it in them to stick it to the Japs like that. They probably had to idea how ironic that was. I wonder how you say sieve in Korean? Google says "che". This google translator is the bomb. In Japanese sieve is Furui. Wish I knew that a few years ago.

2, I say 2 days until I smell LaBahn again. I wonder how rowdy we should be seeing as this is an exhibition. I don't recall if we sieved the Japs a few years back. It was ironic that year the Navy color guard presented the flag for the National Anthem. I didn't think UW had it in them to stick it to the Japs like that. They probably had to idea how ironic that was. I wonder how you say sieve in Korean? Google says "che". This google translator is the bomb. In Japanese sieve is Furui. Wish I knew that a few years ago.
    You are one goofy fella...

For when the announcer says "One minute remaining", here is Korean for "Thank you". 감사합니다

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by rangersrule View Post
    You are one goofy fella...
    That's my role, a 4th line center with a lot of energy and drive, sometimes I do the right thing, sometimes I screw up. That's why I'm on the 4th line, besides not being the most talented F on the team. But I'm on the team and I'm having fun.

I wonder how you say "it's all your fault" in Korean? Answer: "modu ne jalmos-iya". I also wonder in the Korean culture how they take being taunted. There's a lot more honor built into Eastern cultures, it might not be taken the right way, in fun, unless the opponent is North Korea or the rodents, pretty much one in the same (they live in dirt, eat a lot of veggies, are pretty scrawny and have a few showpieces in their capitols.)

[QUOTE=Timothy A;6525609]and have a few showpieces in their capitols.)[/QUOTE

A few...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO-2M13UbKY
    Stop enslaving yourself under the tyrannical rule of Google...The sooner the better.

Let's go RED!

[QUOTE=FiveHoleFrenzy;6525642]
    and have a few showpieces in their capitols.)[/QUOTE

A few...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO-2M13UbKY
    I didn't know Rodentsota had parades like that, pretty cool.

8 days til Korean BBQ. I just hope the meat isn't tough again.
    Don't expect much of a game Sat. Shattuck-St.Mary's Prep beat Korean Nat team handedly last night 7-2!
    Sophomore forward Makenna Webster and Wisconsin commit had a hat-trick. Think Koreans play 5 WCHA teams in coming couple weeks!
    #goingtobeugly

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by AAA Dad View Post
    Don't expect much of a game Sat. Shattuck-St.Mary's Prep beat Korean Nat team handedly last night 7-2!
    Sophomore forward Makenna Webster and Wisconsin commit had a hat-trick. Think Koreans play 5 WCHA teams in coming couple weeks!
    #goingtobeugly
    Oh baby! I can't wait to lay a double digit spot on Saturday. The only question is I'm not sure UW has a F on the roster as good as Webster.

Let's go RED!

Oh baby! I can't wait to lay a double digit spot on Saturday. The only question is I'm not sure UW has a F on the roster as good as Webster.
    Only 8-0. Biggest news is Cece is hurt and has not been on the ice at all during the preseason activities, what a bummer o rama. Each goalie played 1 period, nothing can be gleaned from what I saw in their performances due to the S Korean team's abilities and MJ said not to read into the order in which they played; Campbell-Baldwin-Blesi.

The puck was in the S Korean zone 80% of the time (15% neutral zone, 5% UW zone), so it was hard to see breakout creativity or who has some neutral zone speed. S Korea did a good job not getting beat one on one. UW ran their typical fore-check where they cycle low along the board and either pass through the slot or the F goes up high and trades the puck and position with the D and they rocket down low to try and make something happen.

What stood out to me.......Pettet has some wheels, Hanzlik gets in the right spot but her hands may not be quick enough yet to finish, Steffen is so decisive, Posick's played physically like an upper classman, Shaver was faster. I'm a little bummed it wasn't a tougher test to learn more about the players.

Lines:
    Kepler Roque Norby
    Wellhausen Shaver Pettet
    Cogan Drake Mauermann
    Posick Schneider Hanzik

Gardner Rolfes
    Williams Steffen
    Bowlby Buchbinder
    Rowe

We did not sieve and I even clapped during their intro, I guess I'm getting soft. We did cheer our team on of course. There were a lot of S Korean fans in the stands. They were really jacked up to get the chance to see their team play in person, their enthusiasm was great to be around. You could tell they appreciated the opportunity and I'm glad I was able to be in their midst. I'd say attendance was 1400 ish, a great turnout.

Thread Information