Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051
Results 1,001 to 1,002 of 1002

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    During the pre-FF press-conference, a reporter asked MJ what is goalie plan was prior to Soup showing up (what a great question!). MJ could have gone down a couple different roads there, but he just said it's not worth discussing speculation. I thought he would say the plan was whoever practiced the best would get the nod early in the season. I am still shocked he played no one else a single minute all year in goal. Cece had equal experience going into the season, sure is a credit to Soup for grabbing the spot and not letting go. I am just fascinated how he will handle the logjam next year.
    Did any of them redshirt? Any insight into if Kronish will redshirt? Are goalie spots so coveted that a strong goalie is lucky just to grab a spot on a D1 bench for a season or two? Off season questions...

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Sieve1 View Post
    Are goalie spots so coveted that a strong goalie is lucky just to grab a spot on a D1 bench for a season or two?
    For quite a few years now, the supply of goaltenders has seemed to be greater than the number of spots. Unless a goalie is very highly regarded, it seems that there are always some talented ones that don't get the opportunity.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Thread Information