Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Solid series for UW, other than the pp. A couple plays that standout to me were the Roque blocker side snipe yesterday, Shaver's beautiful tip today and Rolfes end to end rush goal, what shocker that was. The game was a little more even today territorially, but UW does such a great job in the D zone limiting chances.

I wonder where Cece is, she did not suit up and was not on the bench during warm-ups either game.
    Cece has a concussion, apparently...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Solid series for UW, other than the pp. A couple plays that standout to me were the Roque blocker side snipe yesterday, Shaver's beautiful tip today and Rolfes end to end rush goal, what shocker that was. The game was a little more even today territorially, but UW does such a great job in the D zone limiting chances.

I wonder where Cece is, she did not suit up and was not on the bench during warm-ups either game.
    It was great seeing UW play again after the bye week and the team being in DC last weekend . I thought the power play had some great chances vs. Duluth and created some quality scoring opportunities especially in the second game. I do like when the puck is worked down low below the dots as opposed to moving the puck around the perimeter. Often times the best power play goals are scored off second and third opportunities. Attacking the net from down low seems to create more chances. They just have to start putting the puck in! I really like the way this team seems to mesh together on the ice. Coach Johnson can put out any combination of 10 or 11 forwards and they all seem to work well together. Lots of balance on this team from an offensive standpoint. Good luck to the team up in St. Cloud this weekend. Hopefully they can take care of business and finish off the first half of the season 21-1!!

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by rangersrule View Post
    I thought the power play had some great chances vs. Duluth and created some quality scoring opportunities especially in the second game. I do like when the puck is worked down low below the dots as opposed to moving the puck around the perimeter. Often times the best power play goals are scored off second and third opportunities. Attacking the net from down low seems to create more chances.
    The PP did not score, but yes they created chances. It will come like it usually does.

When did the trophy cases go up in the concourse? (usually we park in lot 91 and sit on the bench side of the rink, so we never go in that direction) Those are fantastic! It's so awesome for the team to share those with the fans. Stick tap to the management.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

When did the trophy cases go up in the concourse?
    I noticed them for the first time Friday. I guess they might have been there earlier than that, and i didn't notice. But I don't think so.

Let's go RED!

The UW tilt tomorrow @ St. Cloud is on Fox Sports WI live, fire up the dvr's!

Yawn, 6-1 for Wisco is my prediction.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    What great viewing that will be!

Let's go RED!

I sure hope the PP gets rolling this weekend. I just wonder if MJ will give Blesi a start this weekend to get her skates wet. I really hope Cece is back and over her concussion. The fact she wasn't on the bench watching warm-ups last weekend is a bad sign.

How many different ways are there to mispronounce 'Wellhausen'?

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    I wonder now if the Buckeyes were unfairly ranked following last weekend's results against St-Cloud? A 1-0 win for the Badgers is too close for comfort.

Well, you got the 1 right . . . Yawn

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    Well, you got the 1 right . . . Yawn
    Looks like the Badgers were asleep, or at least very tired! They probably saw my prediction and figured it would simply happen if they just showed up. Lol.

Looks like the Badgers were asleep, or at least very tired! They probably saw my prediction and figured it would simply happen if they just showed up. Lol.
    Well, the Gophers lost in a shootout to UMD tonight. So we have that...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Let's go RED!

No crap, give me a break.

What a bad performance by the D giving up 3 breakaways. Just awful. It was weird because I thought the big ice might give them problems in the first period, but they played well, it was the 2nd period that they just fell apart. The 3rd period they rebounded for more o zone time. They did not have a lot of quality shots overall in the game and the pp looked amateur at best. Soup saved the bacon for sure. She stole that game. Credit goes to St. Cloud for playing well.

The PA guy in Bemidji is the champ, he has problems with even pretty common Western Europeans names. We sat behind him one year and would shout corrections every time he messed up a name. It didn't help but they now rope off that side of the arena so nobody can sit there. Teams always have pronunciation guides on their lineups, it shouldn't be that hard

In fairness to your D, the penalty shot play was a bad pass from a forward a the D had no time to react forcing 27 to trip her. The others I agree were preventable. They got the win so nothing lost except teachable moments. Campbell made big stops and was the backbone.

No crap, give me a break.

What a bad performance by the D giving up 3 breakaways. Just awful. It was weird because I thought the big ice might give them problems in the first period, but they played well, it was the 2nd period that they just fell apart. The 3rd period they rebounded for more o zone time. They did not have a lot of quality shots overall in the game and the pp looked amateur at best. Soup saved the bacon for sure. She stole that game. Credit goes to St. Cloud for playing well.

Thread Information