X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    In 2005-2006, Christine DuFour and Meghan Horras split time/starts early in the year, with Vetter getting her first start in Dec. Even in Feb and into March, the three were still splitting time, with Vetter finally emerging as #1 for the playoffs. The rest of the team was so good, it didn't matter all that much who was in goal; DuFour went 9-1, Horras 13-2-1, and Vetter 11-1. vetter's numbers were better than DuFour, and DuFour's better than Horras.

In 2006-2007, DuFour and Vetter split time, Vetter 20-1-3 and DuFour 16-0-1. They had very similar (and excellent) GAAs and save percents.

(Both seasons were 'before my time' in person, but I watched/listened to what I could at long distance. So no "eye test" info from me.)

I googled DuFour, and got hits on some pretty interesting articles, like these two, from 2004 and then 2007:

https://badgerherald.com/sports/2004...adds-second-t/

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2007/2...n_6_0_Win.aspx
    Thanks for the insight. So it appears that MJ did have 3 or 4 seasons of split time, though it goes back about 10 years.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      No one will stop them. NO ONE! Not even a green/yellow coloured team who we had a winning record against last year and certainly not a maroooon and urine colored team.
      In reality nobody should have beaten Wisconsin last year, they were that good. Yet when it all came down to finishing off the season, they didn't get the job done.

I like teams with Maroon (and Green) colors chances in the coming years.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        In reality nobody should have beaten Wisconsin last year, they were that good. Yet when it all came down to finishing off the season, they didn't get the job done.

I like teams with Maroon (and Green) colors chances in the coming years.
        Did ARD ever win a gold medal game?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          I'm not sure what your angle is, she's won plenty of big games in her college career....... I'm not sure she's ever played in a gold medal game. She was a late bloomer for Hockey Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            She does have a Frozen Four win to her credit. She also is the goaltender of record in 3 season ending defeats in the Frozen Four. That's a 1-3 record in "big" games.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              She does have a Frozen Four win to her credit. She also is the goaltender of record in 3 season ending defeats in the Frozen Four. That's a 1-3 record in "big" games.
              It's all history. Amazing goaltender whose records will not likely be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                I'm pretty sure you saw all 4 games too and know that she was not the reason for the defeats..it's a team game. She also won 3 wcha tourney titles, those are big game too, and so are the first round wins in the ncaa's, you need to win those to get to the FF, or the whole season is a waste.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you saw all 4 games too and know that she was not the reason for the defeats..it's a team game. She also won 3 wcha tourney titles, those are big game too, and so are the first round wins in the ncaa's, you need to win those to get to the FF, or the whole season is a waste.
                  Yup, I did see all four games. Was nice to see 2 of those crushing defeats come at the hands of the folks in the "maroooon and urine" colored uniforms. 1-3 record in FF games is what I know and that's the bottom line...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0brH06VJow

Comment

So in looking at the pre-rodent schedule, UW plays S Korea-H, Lindenwood-H, Mercyhurst-H, Syracuse-A, MSU-A & BSU-H. Aside from S Korea, the ncaa teams they play all have a lot of upperclassmen experience, ranging from 12 to 10. UW has 8, so they will be young but talented. I could see a young team make a few mistakes that an experienced team could take advantage of. The key will be the goaltending, will it be able to cover the mistakes? I do like from the fan's viewpoint getting to see the first 5 games so be able to see what kind of talent this team really has. I see the rodent series is a Saturday/Sunday.....I hope I can head over there and see at least 1 game depending on the game times.

Comment

I see the Minnesota Gophers series is a Saturday/Sunday.....I hope I can head over there and see at least 1 game depending on the game times.
                      4:07 on the Saturday
                      3:07 on the Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                        4:07 on the Saturday
                        3:07 on the Sunday
                        hmmmm Sunday's game over by 5:30ish, home by 10....I like it. I will try and make it a weekend trip and see both games. Thanks.

Comment

hmmmm Sunday's game over by 5:30ish, home by 10....I like it. I will try and make it a weekend trip and see both games.
                          Don't forget to bring TWO hankies then...
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Don't forget to bring TWO hankies then...
                            http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...120416aaa.html

They couldn't get out of the building fast enough!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
                              http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...120416aaa.html

They couldn't get out of the building fast enough!
                              That was a game I will never forget. It's still on the DVR if anyone wants to come over and watch with me.

Comment

That was a game I will never forget. It's still on the DVR if anyone wants to come over and watch with me.
                                And that ultimately got you to this point... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7zDl_2W_kg

I bet you could get some Clarkson supporters to take you up on your invitation to replay that...

Comment

Working...
                                X