Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    I know. It's just that for three years, UM fans bemoaned having UW on their side of the bracket. Last year we were on opposite sides, and that didn't work out that well. I realize that was likely due in some part to the caliber of team we brought to the Frozen Four compared to previous years.
    (hint hint)
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Let's go Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    The week before, Bemidji hung tough against Clarkson, losing 2-0 and 5-4. Friday night against UW, they had a number of in-close, redirect opportunities that they just didn't manage to get on-net. The score could have been much closer than it turned out. They've played a very tough early schedule, and played better that the won-loss record would indicate. They're going to win some games as the year unfolds.
    Neither BSU game was really that close. In the first game, I could have played goal and kept BSU off the scoreboard. In the second game, the score was 5-2 with 3 minutes left when Clarkson took a 5 minute CTH major. The Beavers scored 2 extra attacker goals on the major penalty.
    Clarkson Golden Knights Men
    10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
    5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
    20 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
    ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017
    ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017
    6 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017
    National Champions - 2014, 2017

Let's go Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Good point on the Clarkson games. Which can be extrapolated to the fact that at this point UW is superior to Clarkson. Sure would like a re-match when it counts.
    I could only hope that we're both there. As much as I don't understand the USCHO voters in that Clarkson lost points beating the #6 team in the nation twice, I do think Wisconsin is the class of the nation right now. One of the things that I think has made Matt so successful at Clarkson is the development of the team from game 1 to game 40. He's now putting out his 4th nation championship caliber team in 5 years (the 2016 team should have beaten BC) and we are excited just to have the chance to compete on the big stage.

Undefeated - 1956

I know. It's just that for three years, UM fans bemoaned having UW on their side of the bracket. Last year we were on opposite sides, and that didn't work out that well. I realize that was likely due in some part to the caliber of team we brought to the Frozen Four compared to previous years.
    I think part of the whining had to do with the feeling that both MN & WI deserved to be in the final game. I am not about to wade into whether that is was a valid opinion, just that I heard it from more than one MN fan. As much as I hated them I felt UND deserved at least one trip to the final 4 (triple OT) and maybe one other. Part of that and the pulling for BSU to go has to do with how much grief they gave MN & WI at times but it should be noted they often didn't look that good against Eastern teams which pretty much negated any argument they should have gone.

Let's go Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    I think part of the whining had to do with the feeling that both MN & WI deserved to be in the final game. I am not about to wade into whether that is was a valid opinion, just that I heard it from more than one MN fan. As much as I hated them I felt UND deserved at least one trip to the final 4 (triple OT) and maybe one other. Part of that and the pulling for BSU to go has to do with how much grief they gave MN & WI at times but it should be noted they often didn't look that good against Eastern teams which pretty much negated any argument they should have gone.
    In 2014, I don't think Clarkson beats MN and WI in the same weekend. They played a decent game against M'Hurst but not their best and I honestly don't know how they won the Minny game despite being in the stands to watch it.

Undefeated - 1956

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Schedule change for Sunday's Badger/Gopher "Border Battle" game:
    Game time has been pushed back from 3:07pm to 5:07pm CT to accommodate a live TV broadcast on BTN.
    No change for Saturday's 4:07pm CT start.
    And then it was dropped. No TV for this game afterall - and not even a reason from BTN as to why.

Still a 5pm game time for Sunday, but you'll have to pay BTN+ to watch from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowheresville View Post
    And then it was dropped. No TV for this game afterall - and not even a reason from BTN as to why.

Still a 5pm game time for Sunday, but you'll have to pay BTN+ to watch from home.
    I was always going to be at Ridder to see the game in person anyway. But too bad BTN has a change in plans, as it promises to be a great game for a wider audience to see.

Let's go RED!

The agony of defeat. That sucks.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

This was all Frosty Smoke Screen to force the Badgers to sit around all day on a Sunday & wait for a 5pm game. They should be good & flat by then...

Making America Great Again
    on the road helping illegals move to Canada

Quote Originally Posted by FireKnight View Post
    In 2014… I honestly don't know how they won the Minny game despite being in the stands to watch it.
    I’m giving the Clarkson player a gold star for stepping on a stick and falling, and the referee a lollipop (sucker) for falling for it too.
    But in the end it was the Gophers fault for giving up a goal on a delayed penalty and then giving up another goal on the resulting PP. You can’t do that and expect to win.
    The other thing is when it gets to the FF they all have the talent to win, sometimes it is just who wants it more, who is the most tenacious/determined/whatever. In 2014 & 2017 IMO it was Clarkson.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireKnight View Post
    … As much as I don't understand the USCHO voters in that Clarkson lost points beating the #6 team in the nation twice… One of the things that I think has made Matt so successful at Clarkson is the development of the team from game 1 to game 40.
    If it is any consolation to you, after I posted my ranking I looked at it and wanted to change Clarkson to #1 and move everyone else down, but figured it would be nice to take down the #1 team this weekend … 
    Exactly, it isn’t how a team play in October & November, it is In Feb & March
    Last edited by pokechecker; 10-26-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: if you want to watch the game ... be there!
    Really folks, we should forgive Al Franken, that is one hot babe, how could he resist grabbin' her? .... maybe if he'd have remembered he's married?

Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    Exactly, it isn’t how a team play in October & November, it is In Feb & March
    Although in determining your Pairwise ranking the games in October and November are important too.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBadger View Post
    This was all Frosty Smoke Screen to force the Badgers to sit around all day on a Sunday & wait for a 5pm game. They should be good & flat by then...
    HA! You are rodent fan first and foremost. I knew it.

If anyone has a lead on tix for the Ohio State game I'd appreciate it. Thought I could walk up. Ooops!

Good on the Women for selling it out!

My theory is that a BTN intern/newbie saw a great matchup between MN and Wis teams, slotted the time in the programming, and then their boss realized that the gals played in the WCHA, not the Big10. Bye bye TV time, and maybe by
    e bye newbie. Any other explanations?
    I'll be at the game as always, but like to DVR the rare occasions the games are televised.

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drewkal View Post
    My theory is that a BTN intern/newbie saw a great matchup between MN and Wis teams, slotted the time in the programming, and then their boss realized that the gals played in the WCHA, not the Big10. Bye bye TV time, and maybe by
    e bye newbie. Any other explanations?
    I'll be at the game as always, but like to DVR the rare occasions the games are televised.
    Most seasons, one UW home game and one UM home game wind up shown live on BTN. They try to find a game where they are playing each other or OSU. It is possible that one of this weekend's games winds up shown after the fact, like on Tuesday morning, but it will be Student U rather than a BTN production crew. These are almost never in the guide more than a couple days in advance.

I don't think they let the interns pick programming. More often than not, the UM game on BTN has been after the new year, but there aren't many options this season, as the Gophs only have 2018 home series with Vermont and MSU.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

.... I don't think they let the interns pick programming. More often than not, the UM game on BTN has been after the new year, but there aren't many options this season, as the Gophs only have 2018 home series with Vermont and MSU.
    At 5 PM, I'm planning to turn on BTN, just to see what's there...

Me too. I looked on my TV guide, it says nothing about women’s hockey. I believe field hockey and women’s hockey are getting some air time, which is cool for them but doesn’t help us ice hockey fans.

Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature

Michigan vs Maryland men's soccer: http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=211675272

Here's the up-to-date schedule: http://btn.com/shows/

Let's go RED!

Well, I didn't expect to get outshot badly and win the game, that's for sure. Both games were UM/UW typical nail biters, except for that awesome game last year. Considering UW had recent worrisome inconsistencies, the sweep is a unexpected result. I thought UM could take advantage of that, if UW presented long stretches of weak play. I do not know if there were any stretches of weak play by them or not this last weekend.

UW can't be too high from this weekend and come out flat against OSU. I am very excited to see OSU in person and will be able to judge in person just how good they are compared to what I have seen from them in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    UW can't be too high from this weekend and come out flat against OSU.
    Kepler's first game as a Badger against Ohio State? I don't think they'll be 'looking past' it, etc. She circled next weekend on her calendar last June when the schedules came out.

Thread Information