Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 528

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

  1. #401
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    723

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    The thing is, if UMD is "overrated", then by extension, somebody else has to be underrated. Which other teams out there do you think would definitely win a game or two on the road against BC and OSU?
    Maybe ranking teams as early as October is silly and pointless, and should just generally be ignored?

  2. #402
    Making America Great Again
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    on the road helping illegals move to Canada
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    Maybe arguing about the ranking of teams as early as October is silly and pointless, and should just generally be ignored?
    yes

    if UMD wins a game this weekend, they belong in the ranking, if they win two, MN doesn't
    Last edited by pokechecker; 10-17-2017 at 11:11 AM. Reason: and for people who cannot connect the dots, if they don't win any, they don't
    Really folks, we should forgive Al Franken, that is one hot babe, how could he resist grabbin' her? .... maybe if he'd have remembered he's married?

  3. #403
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,148

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    The thing is, if UMD is "overrated", then by extension, somebody else has to be underrated. Which other teams out there do you think would definitely win a game or two on the road against BC and OSU?
    Check out my poll for the week....
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  4. #404
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,148

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    Maybe ranking teams as early as October is silly and pointless, and should just generally be ignored?
    I agree 100%, it's just something to do for fun. Even after 12 weeks, how do I know how good Colgate really is having never seen them? Stats and a dartboard. Again, it's just for fun.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  5. #405
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,148

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    yes

    if UMD wins a game this weekend, they belong in the ranking, if they win two, MN doesn't
    I am on board with this 100%. It would be bad look for UM to lose to such an over-rated team.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  6. #406
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,148

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    I was looking over the thread about MN born players commited to D1 teams and I see one for the UW women that I have not seen before, Kaitlyn Kotlowski, D, Warroad HS, Wisconsin, 2019-20. Verified here. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NK1FNv1PHKSSHp

    Article says she is the HS team's best D at age 15, she's already 5-11 and a great skater. Looks like she has some USA Development camp history, in there she is listed as from Lacrosse.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  7. #407
    Sad Panda
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin
    Posts
    853

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I was looking over the thread about MN born players commited to D1 teams and I see one for the UW women that I have not seen before, Kaitlyn Kotlowski, D, Warroad HS, Wisconsin, 2019-20. Verified here. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NK1FNv1PHKSSHp

    Article says she is the HS team's best D at age 15, she's already 5-11 and a great skater. Looks like she has some USA Development camp history, in there she is listed as from Lacrosse.
    Alrighty then. I've added her to the spreadsheet.

  8. #408
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Alrighty then. I've added her to the spreadsheet.
    Is there somewhere we can access the spreadsheet or is it possible for you to share it again? Thanks for keeping up with it!

  9. #409
    Sad Panda
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin
    Posts
    853

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Sieve1 View Post
    Is there somewhere we can access the spreadsheet or is it possible for you to share it again? Thanks for keeping up with it!
    It's in my signature, but that doesn't show on mobile (which is annoying.)

    Here's the link.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0

  10. #410
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    207

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I was looking over the thread about MN born players commited to D1 teams and I see one for the UW women that I have not seen before, Kaitlyn Kotlowski, D, Warroad HS, Wisconsin, 2019-20. Verified here. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NK1FNv1PHKSSHp

    Article says she is the HS team's best D at age 15, she's already 5-11 and a great skater. Looks like she has some USA Development camp history, in there she is listed as from Lacrosse.
    It would be helpful if Warroad printed the hometowns of their players on their roster.

  11. #411
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Madison and Florida
    Posts
    262

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    Maybe ranking teams as early as October is silly and pointless, and should just generally be ignored?
    This weekend should provide a good test for the Badgers against Bemidji St. A better team than what the opponents have been up to this point. It will be interesting to see if the lines will be the same as they were at the end of the series vs. Minnesota State or if they go back to what they were at the start of last weekend. Either way it will be important for the Badgers to establish themselves in the offensive zone for a majority of the game. Something that the team didn't do particularly well last weekend-- especially in the first game.

  12. #412
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,704

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Leather helmet View Post
    It would be helpful if Warroad printed the hometowns of their players on their roster.
    Marvin Windows?

  13. #413
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,148

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by rangersrule View Post

    This weekend should provide a good test for the Badgers against Bemidji St. A better team than what the opponents have been up to this point. It will be interesting to see if the lines will be the same as they were at the end of the series vs. Minnesota State or if they go back to what they were at the start of last weekend. Either way it will be important for the Badgers to establish themselves in the offensive zone for a majority of the game. Something that the team didn't do particularly well last weekend-- especially in the first game.
    Spot on. Dominate the O zone, play good transition D.

    The line situation is interesting in that it seems like game to game a different player stands out but no one other than maybe Roque stands out consistently, and maybe that just the talent level on this team, only time will tell. I'd love to see Wellhausen and Shaver get cranked up offensively. It is interesting to see if Rowe is still playing forward this week in place of Posick or Hanzlik. I'm a little surprised Drake doesn't have any points yet. I was thinking she'd have an impact. Perhaps she need to get bumped up onto a higher line, she may have 4th line syndrome.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  14. #414
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by upfromtheminors View Post
    I find it odd someone would get defensive about UMD and even odder that Wisconsins ranking is inaccurate? As Fellmet said, based on last years finish and starting this season 8-0, where else would you put them? As far as UMD goes, going 0-4 in the last two weekends does not exactly demand respect either and I am guessing they are looking down the barrel of 0-6. HOWEVER, I too do not believe Wisconsin is a #1 team and will soon take a few lumps. With that said, if they go 0-4 the next two weeks, I will not be asking fans "how many games have you seen".
    It had a lot to do with the tone of his UMD rant. We are all guessing at this stage but Tim was a bit too sure of his opinion so I felt like asking why he was so sure and got an answer I should have expected, he is guessing through . . . Well Rose is a shade of red . . . Colored glasses

  15. #415
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,148

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    he is guessing through . . . Well Rose is a shade of red . . . Colored glasses
    Cardinal colored glasses....On Wisconsin and Forever Forward! U Rah Rah Wisconsin! Let's to RED!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  16. #416
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,148

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    It's a great day for hockey! The big question is do I wear shorts to the rink again?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  17. #417
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,852

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    It's a great day for hockey! The big question is do I wear shorts to the rink again?
    I suppose it all depends on your legs.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  18. #418
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,148

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    I suppose it all depends on your legs.
    I'm pretty sure my legs are acceptable. You can definitely tell they are a man's legs, or a horrible circus lady's.

    First period was a rough one again, BSU was just flying taking away time and space and UW was doing the same to them. The goal allowed was a floaty tip that went up, over Soup and then down, not much you can do with that one. The 2nd and 3rd period UW controlled like they had in the past. The 3 goal burst in the 2nd period sucked the life right out of BSU. Shaver's goal in the 3rd was beauty, reminded me of Clark on that move, which is a good sign. The Kepler PPG was a tick tack toe thing of beauty. I bet the coaches had big smiles on their faces after that one.

    Interestingly in the 2nd period MJ used the timeout when some tired players could not change after the 3 goal outburst, but the time out seemed to kill the UW momentum.

    No Phil tonight, what a bummer! He must have been in Green Bay for the men's game debacle.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  19. #419
    Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    It's a great day for hockey! The big question is do I wear shorts to the rink again?
    Sky's out? Thighs out.

  20. #420
    Making America Great Again
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    on the road helping illegals move to Canada
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I'm pretty sure my legs are acceptable. You can definitely tell they are a man's legs, or a horrible circus lady's.

    First period was a rough one again, BSU was just flying taking away time and space and UW was doing the same to them. The goal allowed was a floaty tip that went up, over Soup and then down, not much you can do with that one. The 2nd and 3rd period UW controlled like they had in the past. The 3 goal burst in the 2nd period sucked the life right out of BSU. Shaver's goal in the 3rd was beauty, reminded me of Clark on that move, which is a good sign. The Kepler PPG was a tick tack toe thing of beauty. I bet the coaches had big smiles on their faces after that one.

    Interestingly in the 2nd period MJ used the timeout when some tired players could not change after the 3 goal outburst, but the time out seemed to kill the UW momentum.
    I was in MadCity, so took in the game, at 3 bucks, how could I not?

    IMO, the game was a good example of the best defense is a good offense. After the first period I asked myself "how can this team only have one win?"
    Bemidji could have scored more in the first period, but missed a couple.

    I got my answer, It was like the two teams had changed uniforms after the first period, to solve their problems defensively, the Badgers turned up the offense. The Badgers had the speed over them, and the crisp passing to skaters who found the openings the Beavers gave them as a result of being caught in chasing the puck or chase the puck carrier.
    But I'm thinking Bemidji is likely the best team with one win or less.
    Really folks, we should forgive Al Franken, that is one hot babe, how could he resist grabbin' her? .... maybe if he'd have remembered he's married?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •