X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    The thing is, if UMD is "overrated", then by extension, somebody else has to be underrated. Which other teams out there do you think would definitely win a game or two on the road against BC and OSU?
    Check out my poll for the week....
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      Maybe ranking teams as early as October is silly and pointless, and should just generally be ignored?
      I agree 100%, it's just something to do for fun. Even after 12 weeks, how do I know how good Colgate really is having never seen them? Stats and a dartboard. Again, it's just for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
        yes

if UMD wins a game this weekend, they belong in the ranking, if they win two, MN doesn't
        I am on board with this 100%. It would be bad look for UM to lose to such an over-rated team.

Comment

I was looking over the thread about MN born players commited to D1 teams and I see one for the UW women that I have not seen before, Kaitlyn Kotlowski, D, Warroad HS, Wisconsin, 2019-20. Verified here. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NK1FNv1PHKSSHp

Article says she is the HS team's best D at age 15, she's already 5-11 and a great skater. Looks like she has some USA Development camp history, in there she is listed as from Lacrosse.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I was looking over the thread about MN born players commited to D1 teams and I see one for the UW women that I have not seen before, Kaitlyn Kotlowski, D, Warroad HS, Wisconsin, 2019-20. Verified here. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NK1FNv1PHKSSHp

Article says she is the HS team's best D at age 15, she's already 5-11 and a great skater. Looks like she has some USA Development camp history, in there she is listed as from Lacrosse.
            Alrighty then. I've added her to the spreadsheet.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
              Alrighty then. I've added her to the spreadsheet.
              Is there somewhere we can access the spreadsheet or is it possible for you to share it again? Thanks for keeping up with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
                Is there somewhere we can access the spreadsheet or is it possible for you to share it again? Thanks for keeping up with it!
                It's in my signature, but that doesn't show on mobile (which is annoying.)

Here's the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

It would be helpful if Warroad printed the hometowns of their players on their roster.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    Maybe ranking teams as early as October is silly and pointless, and should just generally be ignored?
                    This weekend should provide a good test for the Badgers against Bemidji St. A better team than what the opponents have been up to this point. It will be interesting to see if the lines will be the same as they were at the end of the series vs. Minnesota State or if they go back to what they were at the start of last weekend. Either way it will be important for the Badgers to establish themselves in the offensive zone for a majority of the game. Something that the team didn't do particularly well last weekend-- especially in the first game.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                      It would be helpful if Warroad printed the hometowns of their players on their roster.
                      Marvin Windows?
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post

This weekend should provide a good test for the Badgers against Bemidji St. A better team than what the opponents have been up to this point. It will be interesting to see if the lines will be the same as they were at the end of the series vs. Minnesota State or if they go back to what they were at the start of last weekend. Either way it will be important for the Badgers to establish themselves in the offensive zone for a majority of the game. Something that the team didn't do particularly well last weekend-- especially in the first game.
                        Spot on. Dominate the O zone, play good transition D.

The line situation is interesting in that it seems like game to game a different player stands out but no one other than maybe Roque stands out consistently, and maybe that just the talent level on this team, only time will tell. I'd love to see Wellhausen and Shaver get cranked up offensively. It is interesting to see if Rowe is still playing forward this week in place of Posick or Hanzlik. I'm a little surprised Drake doesn't have any points yet. I was thinking she'd have an impact. Perhaps she need to get bumped up onto a higher line, she may have 4th line syndrome.

Comment

• Originally posted by upfromtheminors View Post
                          I find it odd someone would get defensive about UMD and even odder that Wisconsins ranking is inaccurate? As Fellmet said, based on last years finish and starting this season 8-0, where else would you put them? As far as UMD goes, going 0-4 in the last two weekends does not exactly demand respect either and I am guessing they are looking down the barrel of 0-6. HOWEVER, I too do not believe Wisconsin is a #1 team and will soon take a few lumps. With that said, if they go 0-4 the next two weeks, I will not be asking fans "how many games have you seen".
                          It had a lot to do with the tone of his UMD rant. We are all guessing at this stage but Tim was a bit too sure of his opinion so I felt like asking why he was so sure and got an answer I should have expected, he is guessing through . . . Well Rose is a shade of red . . . Colored glasses

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                            he is guessing through . . . Well Rose is a shade of red . . . Colored glasses
                            Cardinal colored glasses....On Wisconsin and Forever Forward! U Rah Rah Wisconsin! Let's to RED!

Comment

It's a great day for hockey! The big question is do I wear shorts to the rink again?

Comment

It's a great day for hockey! The big question is do I wear shorts to the rink again?
                                I suppose it all depends on your legs.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X