X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    And that ultimately got you to this point... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7zDl_2W_kg

I bet you could get some Clarkson supporters to take you up on your invitation to replay that...
    At some point I would like to re-watch the game. I hated my seats at the game but the kids like to sit low behind the net so I did. The replays were for **** at the game too. I really have little idea how the flow of the game went and the types of chances generated by both teams.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      At some point I would like to re-watch the game. I hated my seats at the game but the kids like to sit low behind the net so I did. The replays were for **** at the game too. I really have little idea how the flow of the game went and the types of chances generated by both teams.
      I can't find it on BTN2Go.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Wisconsin carried the play overall, which was reflected in the shot totals and specifically, Sarah Nurse was not able to capitalize on some outstanding changes to put the puck in the net because... Shea Tiley was the best player on the ice for both teams.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          I can't find it on BTN2Go.
          The National Championship game is there, but again, you have to sign on through your BTN provider.

https://www.btn2go.com/game/womens-f...r-championship

Comment

Wisconsin carried the play overall, which was reflected in the shot totals and specifically, Sarah Nurse was not able to capitalize on some outstanding changes to put the puck in the net because... Shea Tiley was the best player on the ice for both teams.
            Also, that was Sarah Nurse in a nutshell. Scary as can be, a great player, but could not get the puck in the net like you want a really great player to be able to do. I.E. Brandt or Pankowski or such.

I'm not criticizing her, because she was the scariest Badger of all to me the last four years and I hate to think what if...if she finished more of her chances

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
              Also, that was Sarah Nurse in a nutshell. Scary as can be, a great player, but could not get the puck in the net like you want a really great player to be able to do. I.E. Brandt or Pankowski or such.

I'm not criticizing her, because she was the scariest Badger of all to me the last four years and I hate to think what if...if she finished more of her chances
              Undefeated champions for sure last year, eh? She had always perplexed me with her "lack" of scoring. Scoring on that breakaway against Clarkson could have changed that game. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Scoring on that breakaway against Clarkson could have changed that game.
                I believe if I'm remembering it (and seeing it) correctly in the highlight she didn't even get the shot on net. Agreed, scoring there, could have been enough to have planted a bit of doubt in Tiley's mind.

Comment

Forward Maddie Wheeler commits for 2020/2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Forward Maddie Wheeler commits for 2020/2021.
                    Updated.

Thanks.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

An October 2002 birth date... Announcing a verbal commitment to a college at 14 years old.

This insanity has to be the result of Russian hacking, right?

Comment

An October 2002 birth date... Announcing a verbal commitment to a college at 14 years old.

This insanity has to be the result of Russian hacking, right?
                        That's one heck of a recruiting class...Webster, O'Brien and Wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
                          http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...120416aaa.html

They couldn't get out of the building fast enough!
                          IMO, that game and the UW blowout of UMD really highlight the mystery of the 2016-17 Badgers. They could be the #1 team in the country for long stretches with nobody really that close as the second team. But neither of those games were part of series sweeps. They would let teams that weren't as good hang around in games like at the WCHA Final Face-Off.

What was the issue? I'd say it was that even though they had a great offense statistically, the best offensive threats didn't rise to the challenge in the way that Bauer, Duggan, Knight, or Decker would. The special players have a knack for being able to score when the team most needs it. It's hard to win a championship without at least one player and better two who can produce on demand. Instead, the Badgers were best when their depth could tire teams out and scoring could come from many people.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            IMO, that game and the UW blowout of UMD really highlight the mystery of the 2016-17 Badgers. They could be the #1 team in the country for long stretches with nobody really that close as the second team. But neither of those games were part of series sweeps. They would let teams that weren't as good hang around in games like at the WCHA Final Face-Off.

What was the issue? I'd say it was that even though they had a great offense statistically, the best offensive threats didn't rise to the challenge in the way that Bauer, Duggan, Knight, or Decker would. The special players have a knack for being able to score when the team most needs it. It's hard to win a championship without at least one player and better two who can produce on demand. Instead, the Badgers were best when their depth could tire teams out and scoring could come from many people.
                            I agree 100%, though even Knight/Duggan/ lost in the ncaa's, the point is vaild. Nurse, Clark and Pankowski needed to make it happen and they did not. I can't wait to see who the next stars are for UW and if they have the "it" factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I agree 100%, though even Knight/Duggan/ lost in the ncaa's, the point is vaild. Nurse, Clark and Pankowski needed to make it happen and they did not. I can't wait to see who the next stars are for UW and if they have the "it" factor.
                              Clark and Pankowski have another shot at it while Nurse doesn't. The 2016-17 Badgers were a great team but when it really mattered they couldn't get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                What was the issue?
                                I'll go beyond what you said, and state that Wisconsin's offense just wasn't very good. The two blowouts you mentioned came against Minnesota and UMD teams that were far below their optimum level due to injuries, Olympic qualifying, and a psychological meltdown. Aside from those two games and the WCHA final victory over a UMD team that played double overtime the night before, after Dec 1 they had exactly one game against a team with a winning record in which they scored more than 1 goal: the NCAA quarterfinal against Robert Morris. They averaged just over 2 goals a game against a North Dakota team that was almost .500 and was desperate to give the Badgers a 60 minute power play.

They ran up the score against hopelessly overmatched teams. It's odd, because usually the ability to do that correlates with an ability to score against good teams, but not in this case. I don't think it's a case where you had good offensive players who just couldn't score on demand, because they didn't score at all against good teams unless they had some sort of advantage external to their own actions. I have no idea why a bunch of players who had been good at scoring in the past forgot how to be good, but they did.

Comment

Working...
                                X