X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    Looks like the Badgers were asleep, or at least very tired! They probably saw my prediction and figured it would simply happen if they just showed up. Lol.
    Well, the Gophers lost in a shootout to UMD tonight. So we have that...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      How many different ways are there to mispronounce 'Wellhausen'?
      No crap, give me a break.

What a bad performance by the D giving up 3 breakaways. Just awful. It was weird because I thought the big ice might give them problems in the first period, but they played well, it was the 2nd period that they just fell apart. The 3rd period they rebounded for more o zone time. They did not have a lot of quality shots overall in the game and the pp looked amateur at best. Soup saved the bacon for sure. She stole that game. Credit goes to St. Cloud for playing well.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The PA guy in Bemidji is the champ, he has problems with even pretty common Western Europeans names. We sat behind him one year and would shout corrections every time he messed up a name. It didn't help but they now rope off that side of the arena so nobody can sit there. Teams always have pronunciation guides on their lineups, it shouldn't be that hard

Comment

• In fairness to your D, the penalty shot play was a bad pass from a forward a the D had no time to react forcing 27 to trip her. The others I agree were preventable. They got the win so nothing lost except teachable moments. Campbell made big stops and was the backbone.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          No crap, give me a break.

What a bad performance by the D giving up 3 breakaways. Just awful. It was weird because I thought the big ice might give them problems in the first period, but they played well, it was the 2nd period that they just fell apart. The 3rd period they rebounded for more o zone time. They did not have a lot of quality shots overall in the game and the pp looked amateur at best. Soup saved the bacon for sure. She stole that game. Credit goes to St. Cloud for playing well.

Comment

Taking some time to look at mid-season random items....

Gardiner is tearing it up, 3rd on the team in scoring 5/13/18. 5 goals for a D is good @ UW, the other 5 D have 7 goals combined. Last year Ryan was 7/18/25, Gardiner is going to crush that. Burke was 5/30/35 her Sr year for reference.

I surely did not think a goalie from WI would be leading the country in GAA and S% this year (yeah St. Anselm does not count). Campbell is stealing the show on the national stage. She has to be a PK candidate. Too bad all those F's from out east are feasting on sucky goaltending (other than Tiley) and getting their cupcake video game numbers. The wcha accounts for 18% of the D1 teams and has 26% of the shutouts.

Comment

Reminds me of Bret Bemila; Bulimia; Bulma.

Oh, and I finally have commenting permission! Hi everybody! Excited to talk hockey with you all.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbereight View Post
                Reminds me of Bret Bemila; Bulimia; Bulma.

Oh, and I finally have commenting permission! Hi everybody! Excited to talk hockey with you all.
                On no, another Badger

But welcome all the same

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                  On no, another Badger
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6TBrfCW54

But welcome all the same
                  Yeah welcome, I guess.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Love that movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Super happy Nurse made the Canadian team. She was always a fringe type player, sometimes on, sometimes off the National team. Also happy for ARD, see too was a fringy National team player, she had a few bad games, got hurt, great for her. Exciting times for sure for UW hockey. UW loads up the US and Canadian hockey teams, and is #1 in the country. On Wisconsin and Forever ForwARD.

I'd pay serious coin to see a women's college hockey alumni tournament. UM, UW, BC and Hawvawd could field very competitive teams, maybe UND.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Super happy Nurse made the Canadian team. She was always a fringe type player, sometimes on, sometimes off the National team. Also happy for ARD, see too was a fringy National team player, she had a few bad games, got hurt, great for her. Exciting times for sure for UW hockey. UW loads up the US and Canadian hockey teams, and is #1 in the country. On Wisconsin and Forever ForwARD.

I'd pay serious coin to see a women's college hockey alumni tournament. UM, UW, BC and Hawvawd could field very competitive teams, maybe UND.
                        Surprised that Nurse made the cut. Potomak should have been there ahead of her. As for ARD, she is likely the #3 but at least she has her foot in the door. HC kept many of the older players again. It will be interesting to see if it works in their favour again!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                          Surprised that Nurse made the cut. Potomak should have been there ahead of her.
                          I can't argue with that statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I can't argue with that statement.
                            Actually shocked that Krzyzaniak was released.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I'll repeat what I always say, Nurse was the scariest Badger of all to play against the last 5 years. Always in the right place at the right time, or if you're a Gopher fan, always in the wrong place at the right time

(too bad she's not a little more of a finisher)

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                                Actually shocked that Krzyzaniak was released.
                                She's a defensive D, and for some reason, they always seem to be undervalue. Plus, she isn't 30-something, or at least approaching it, which is a hindrance to making a Canadian roster.

I'll repeat what I always say, Nurse was the scariest Badger of all to play against the last 5 years.
                                Nurse reminds me of Spooner as someone who may have more impact in international competition than some of her contemporaries who received more recognition in college.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X