Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 121 to 135 of 135

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

  1. #121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    15

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    true about general college, that was a good move getting rid of it, but I was referring to the student who came to the U, maybe got an internship and was offered a job and decided to go part time to school, or maybe got a job because they needed to work to pay bills. These students comprised a greater number of graduates than the traditional HS to full time student, which destroyed the U of MN in college rankings, thus they had to get rid of them.
    It is also true that Junior/Community college transfers had a higher success rate than the traditional students, many of these were also part time students and were older and thus more mature with more self disciple.

    Sure, if your goal is to become a Supreme Court Judge or President, you better go to Harvard or Yale. But any other profession, especially if your goal is stay in the MN or WI, WI-Madison & MN-TC are as good as any school, in fact better than most.
    Whew! Thank god I saw this! My son has been talking about trying to get into the Harvard Business school and my daughter wanted to get an IT degree from Princeton. Who knew they could just go down to dinky town and be better off?
    Last edited by upfromtheminors; 07-20-2017 at 08:45 AM.

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    29,801
    Quote Originally Posted by upfromtheminors View Post
    Whew! Thank god I saw this! My son has been talking about trying to get into the Harvard Business school and my daughter wanted to get an IT degree from Princeton. Who knew they could just go down to dinky town and be better off?
    You should really look at Clarkson.

  3. #123
    Making America Great Again
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    on the road helping brookeyone move to Canada
    Posts
    1,718

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by upfromtheminors View Post
    Whew! Thank god I saw this! My son has been talking about trying to get into the Harvard Business school and my daughter wanted to get an IT degree from Princeton. Who knew they could just go down to dinky town and be better off?
    given intelligence is half hereditary, I suggest a community college for them

    I'm not seeing any fill the bowl on Wisco's schedule, apparently they are going to sit on their record leaving them open to somebody having more people attend rather than the record for tickets sold
    Democrats are making a big deal out of the Russian involvement in our elections to deflect attention away from all the Messicans and other non citizens who vote in our elections.

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,534

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    You should really look at Clarkson.
    The campus in Omaha is very picturesque...

    http://www.clarksoncollege.edu/about/
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 07-20-2017 at 10:17 AM.

  5. #125
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    15

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    given intelligence is half hereditary, I suggest a community college for them

    I'm not seeing any fill the bowl on Wisco's schedule, apparently they are going to sit on their record leaving them open to somebody having more people attend rather than the record for tickets sold
    Fill the bowl is every other year. Minnesota should have one at Marriucci after a football game and everyone could just walk over after. Oh wait, does the football team even get 15,000 at there games?
    https://twitter.com/AxeWeek
    Last edited by upfromtheminors; 07-20-2017 at 04:26 PM.

  6. #126
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,143

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    The campus in Omaha is very picturesque...

    http://www.clarksoncollege.edu/about/
    An even better picture of the campus.

    https://photos.app.goo.gl/yDzKuxZK1D2Up1ya2
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014 & 2017 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  7. #127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,700

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    An even better picture of the campus.

    https://photos.app.goo.gl/yDzKuxZK1D2Up1ya2
    Very nice, and congrats on a title well deserved.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    29,801
    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Very nice, and congrats on a title well deserved.
    Not wanting to make the Gophers feel left out, here's something for them, too.

    https://photos.app.goo.gl/OdEyL0oLIG0vthRu1

  9. #129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,534

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    BADgers feel left out
    Seems like an accurate edit...

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Madison and Florida
    Posts
    242

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Less than two months away before the first games of the season Badger fans! It should be a fun season with hopefully a lot of success. Any thoughts out there as to what possible line makeups might be, d-pairings, or goaltending? How about who the captains might be?? Let's get the ball rolling on some actual hockey talk as opposed to all this other meaningless banter!!

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    331

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Still no roster on the team site? Same goes for Bemidji, OSU and Mankato. Are there last minute roster changes being made?

  12. #132
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Madison and Florida
    Posts
    242

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Still no roster on the team site? Same goes for Bemidji, OSU and Mankato. Are there last minute roster changes being made?
    From what I can find online this appears to be the UW roster for 2017-2018 season. With Pankowski and Clark on their respective National teams and Shirley apparently not in the mix this season, it looks like 12 forwards, 7 defenseman, and 4 goalies.. I put together some possible lines/d-pairings as well! It seems that there will be quite a battle for the net with 4 goalies in the mix. I am no expert of course and the coaches know way more than any of us! I would love to see what others think too!

    Kepler (LW) ..... Cogan (C)..... Norby (RW)
    Wellhausen (LW)..... Roque (C)..... Shaver (RW)
    Mauermann (LW)..... Pettet (C) ..... Schneider (RW)
    Hanzlik (LW) ...... Drake (C) ....... Posick (RW)

    Gardner (LD) .... Rolfes (RD)
    Williams (LD .... Steffen (RD)
    Bowlby (LD) ..... Buchbinder (RD)
    Rowe (RD)

    Campbell (G)
    Blesi (G)
    Cece (G)
    Baldwin (G)
    Last edited by rangersrule; Today at 08:25 AM.

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by rangersrule View Post
    From what I can find online this appears to be the UW roster for 2017-2018 season. With Pankowski and Clark on their respective National teams and Shirley apparently not in the mix this season, it looks like 12 forwards, 7 defenseman, and 4 goalies.. I put together some possible lines/d-pairings as well! It seems that there will be quite a battle for the net with 4 goalies in the mix. I am no expert of course and the coaches know way more than any of us! I would love to see what others think too!

    Kepler (LW) ..... Cogan (C)..... Norby (RW)
    Wellhausen (LW)..... Roque (C)..... Shaver (RW)
    Mauermann (LW)..... Pettet (C) ..... Schneider (RW)
    Hanzlik (LW) ...... Drake (C) ....... Posick (RW)

    Gardner (LD) .... Rolfes (RD)
    Williams (LD .... Steffen (RD)
    Bowlby (LD) ..... Buchbinder (RD)
    Rowe (RD)

    Campbell (G)
    Blesi (G)
    Cece (G)
    Baldwin (G)
    4 goalies? Any chance the incoming freshman will redshirt?

  14. #134
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    28

    Smile Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Sieve1 View Post
    4 goalies? Any chance the incoming freshman will redshirt?
    After seeing the Gophers line up and now this I believe the WCHA is wide open for the first time in many years. With top players out and unproven goal tending we will see how good these coaches are without so many horses.

  15. #135
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    15

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by brokentwig View Post
    After seeing the Gophers line up and now this I believe the WCHA is wide open for the first time in many years. With top players out and unproven goal tending we will see how good these coaches are without so many horses.
    WCHA is wide open? Are you suggesting Bemidji, St Cloud, Mankato or UMD can win the WCHA this year? I agree Minnesota and Wisconsin will drop a few more games, but I don't see a conference winner outside the Badgers and the rodents.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •