This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    I never thought MN had a chance at the WCHA tourney. I think WI took the game lightly as it was not as important to them as it was to MN. They corrected that last Saturday. It would be a huge disappointment if they don't hoist the trophy this Sunday. They are too good not to.
    I'd say the title is Wisco's to lose. All that needs to be determined is who they will lose it to. Lol.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
      I never thought MN had a chance at the WCHA tourney. I think WI took the game lightly as it was not as important to them as it was to MN. They corrected that last Saturday. It would be a huge disappointment if they don't hoist the trophy this Sunday. They are too good not to.
      We both know how good Clarkson is, with their offense the title theirs to lose IMHO. UW couldn't do it last year with that awesome line-up...
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It's a great day for hockey and a bad day to be toothpaste haha.

No matter the outcome, it's been a fantastic season, an immensely enjoyable season, and a testament to the coaches and players that came together with a lot of new faces after a heartbreaking defeat to end last year. Play fast, loose and smart. On, Wisconsin and Forever Forward!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          .....On, Wisconsin and Forever Forward!
          (And don't forget Defense and Goaltending)

Comment

Watched the MJ/Shaver/Kepler press conference. It was very impressive that Shaver jumped on a question for MJ before he could answer about how last year's loss will impact these games. That's leadership we can count on right there.

Another interesting tidbit a question about what the Staff's expectations were for this year considering all the new faces and MJ said they have no expectations, they just try and improve every day. That really blew my mind.

Great article by Todd D Mileski about the coaching staff. I'm always slightly worried Jackie or Dan will leave to h/c their own team and how that might impact the future. I want to ride this train forever.

One last interesting fact from morning reading is that no UW team has returned less points than this one, yet look where they are.....so proud of the staff and the players.

Jump on Colgate with relentless speed and trust what you have done and learned this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Watched the MJ/Shaver/Kepler press conference. It was very impressive that Shaver jumped on a question for MJ before he could answer about how last year's loss will impact these games. That's leadership we can count on right there.
              That question was from me and it was for Sophia. I called her "Soph" though, so you probably heard it as coach.
              It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
                That question was from me and it was for Sophia. I called her "Soph" though, so you probably heard it as coach.
                There was 1 question she jumped in on, I must have misrememebered which one.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  I'd say the title is Wisco's to lose. All that needs to be determined is who they will lose it to. Lol.
                  Answer: Colgate. Brush your teeth and say Good Night, Badgers!

Comment

Dumb penalties killed them in a game they otherwise controlled. Fifteen minutes into the second overtime, Norby's is forgivable, even though there was a defenseman back to make it unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      It's a great day for hockey and a bad day to be toothpaste haha.
                      No, it isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                        Dumb penalties killed them in a game they otherwise controlled. Fifteen minutes into the second overtime, Norby's is forgivable, even though there was a defenseman back to make it unnecessary.
                        That penalty absolutely was not forgivable, precisely because of how unnecessary it was. It literally was a season ending mistake.

Campbell played okay, definitely let in one or two she shouldn't have. And Roque needs to chill. Change those two things (or even just one of them) and this turns into a Badger win.

Pretty disappointing way to end the season. I think if these teams played 10 times the Badgers would win 8 or so. But you gotta win the one that counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post
                          That penalty absolutely was not forgivable, precisely because of how unnecessary it was. It literally was a season ending mistake.

Campbell played okay, definitely let in one or two she shouldn't have. And Roque needs to chill. Change those two things (or even just one of them) and this turns into a Badger win.

Pretty disappointing way to end the season. I think if these teams played 10 times the Badgers would win 8 or so. But you gotta win the one that counts.
                          There will be plenty of tears of heartbreak and disappointment shed tonight and throughout the weekend by the Badgers players and justifiably so. Anything less than the National Championship this year is a failure in their minds and they are right. I don't think they consider this to be a great season. A very good one, yes, but they did exactly what they expected themselves to do all season long to get to this weekend. Falling short of the title game to a far less talented opponent is not acceptable to these athletes. Two years in a row of choking on this weekend is a sickening pattern and only a national championship victory is going to cure this ill. Lots to work on for the future...penalty kill is in the spotlight right now.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            There will be plenty of tears of heartbreak and disappointment shed tonight and throughout the weekend by the Badgers players and justifiably so. Anything less than the National Championship this year is a failure in their minds and they are right. I don't think they consider this to be a great season. A very good one, yes, but they did exactly what they expected themselves to do all season long to get to this weekend. Falling short of the title game to a far less talented opponent is not acceptable to these athletes. Two years in a row of choking on this weekend is a sickening pattern and only a national championship victory is going to cure this ill. Lots to work on for the future...penalty kill is in the spotlight right now.
                            They weren't even picked to win their conference.

Comment

Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post

Completely agree. Dumb penalties decided this game - I hate to put the blame too much on Norby, because Roque's were just as bad, but there was no reason to take the penalty with the help she had, and there is no reason to commit such a flagrant penalty in OT when it's going to take something that flagrant to get the whistle. I do feel bad for her though, watching her come out of the box after the game was over, it was easy to see just how much she was blaming herself.

The Badgers owned the play for most of the game, but they were also the team that made the most, unnecessary, mistakes, and give all the credit in the world to Colgate for taking advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                                The Badgers owned the play for most of the game, but they were also the team that made the most, unnecessary, mistakes, and give all the credit in the world to Colgate for taking advantage.
                                Absolutely. Colgate didn't get to the Frozen Four by being a bunch of scrubs. There was less overall talent on their bench but they did a much better job of making their chances count. That's something I noticed all season this year with the Badgers compared to last year. Lots of chances, but relatively few of them went in. At least that's how it felt.

Anyone else already thinking ahead to next season? I'm so excited to see Pankowski and Clark back in cardinal and white. I have to think we will be even better next year with them in the lineup.

Comment

Working...
                                X