X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    I suppose it all depends on your legs.
    I'm pretty sure my legs are acceptable. You can definitely tell they are a man's legs, or a horrible circus lady's.

First period was a rough one again, BSU was just flying taking away time and space and UW was doing the same to them. The goal allowed was a floaty tip that went up, over Soup and then down, not much you can do with that one. The 2nd and 3rd period UW controlled like they had in the past. The 3 goal burst in the 2nd period sucked the life right out of BSU. Shaver's goal in the 3rd was beauty, reminded me of Clark on that move, which is a good sign. The Kepler PPG was a tick tack toe thing of beauty. I bet the coaches had big smiles on their faces after that one.

Interestingly in the 2nd period MJ used the timeout when some tired players could not change after the 3 goal outburst, but the time out seemed to kill the UW momentum.

No Phil tonight, what a bummer! He must have been in Green Bay for the men's game debacle.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      It's a great day for hockey! The big question is do I wear shorts to the rink again?
      Sky's out? Thighs out.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I'm pretty sure my legs are acceptable. You can definitely tell they are a man's legs, or a horrible circus lady's.

First period was a rough one again, BSU was just flying taking away time and space and UW was doing the same to them. The goal allowed was a floaty tip that went up, over Soup and then down, not much you can do with that one. The 2nd and 3rd period UW controlled like they had in the past. The 3 goal burst in the 2nd period sucked the life right out of BSU. Shaver's goal in the 3rd was beauty, reminded me of Clark on that move, which is a good sign. The Kepler PPG was a tick tack toe thing of beauty. I bet the coaches had big smiles on their faces after that one.

Interestingly in the 2nd period MJ used the timeout when some tired players could not change after the 3 goal outburst, but the time out seemed to kill the UW momentum.
        I was in MadCity, so took in the game, at 3 bucks, how could I not?

IMO, the game was a good example of the best defense is a good offense. After the first period I asked myself "how can this team only have one win?"
        Bemidji could have scored more in the first period, but missed a couple.

I got my answer, It was like the two teams had changed uniforms after the first period, to solve their problems defensively, the Badgers turned up the offense. The Badgers had the speed over them, and the crisp passing to skaters who found the openings the Beavers gave them as a result of being caught in chasing the puck or chase the puck carrier.
        But I'm thinking Bemidji is likely the best team with one win or less.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
          Sky's out? Thighs out.
          It will be shorts for the 4th consecutive game. Let's go RED!

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
            Sky's out? Thighs out.
            Isn't the sky always out?!

Comment

Pretty solid game but not a complete game for UW. The first half of the 3rd period was too much not breaking out to a player but to an area. The D had a few uglies as well and I think Campbell wants that goal back, perhaps she was surprised by that shot. Not an awful goal, but a stoppable one. Her rebound control is a little suspect at times, but she's a young goalie working with the best staff in the country, they will get that ironed out. That being said I don't believe she has allowed a rebound goal all year.

On the positive side, Shaver looked great this weekend overall, she's playing with a lot of confidence with the puck. Norby was active tonight as well and Kepler had a fantastic redirect on the pp. She is great without puck, she always seems to put herself in position for a scoring chance. She missed a second goal by an inch in the third on a glove high shot. UW really crashed the net hard this weekend overall and had 2 goals tonight due to this and had one not counted last night after a great net crash effort.

I sure wish I could see next weekend's games, it will be an extremely interesting series with both teams trying to find themselves and play a consistent 60 minutes of hockey. From reading the rodent thread, it seems that UW is a little further along in the team development and has an advantage in goal, but UW is bringing a young squad into the hardest opposing rink to play in, you never know how they will respond. If they play like they did against Mankato UM will win 2 games for sure. I would love to see how many shifts UW's 4th lines plays in that series, all freshmen.

Comment

The crowd was great last night, really alive. It had to have been close to a sell out. We got to take a hockey virgin to the game, that was fun as usual. Phil was in GB for the men's games, but the east side of the rink started the 1 2 3 we want more chants spontaneously, which was fantastic.

Comment

The crowd was great last night, really alive. It had to have been close to a sell out. We got to take a hockey virgin to the game, that was fun as usual. Phil was in GB for the men's games, but the east side of the rink started the 1 2 3 we want more chants spontaneously, which was fantastic.
                  Both games sold out according to the box score attendance figures.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                    Isn't the sky always out?!
                    I don't understand the confusion and/or problem here.

Comment

I don't understand the confusion and/or problem here.
                      Sun's out, guns out... Sky's out, thighs out...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Both games sold out according to the box score attendance figures.
                        Friday sure didn't look it, Saturday did.

Comment

Schedule change for Sunday's Badger/Gopher "Border Battle" game:
                          Game time has been pushed back from 3:07pm to 5:07pm CT to accommodate a live TV broadcast on BTN.
                          No change for Saturday's 4:07pm CT start.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Schedule change for Sunday's Badger/Gopher "Border Battle" game:
                            Game time has been pushed back from 3:07pm to 5:07pm CT to accommodate a live TV broadcast on BTN.
                            No change for Saturday's 4:07pm CT start.
                            SWEET! I was SO bummed I wasn't going to make the trip out, but now I'm all smiles. I'd really like to see the first game more though. UW has had period long brain cramps getting out of their zone and transitioning cleanly and UM will be the most speed they've seen all year, which will only increase the likelihood of more brain cramps, though it reads on the rodent thread that they have similar issues. I think UW has an advantage in goal, though UM has played a tougher schedule, so it's hard to predict how Soup will play in the toughest series of the year.

Comment

SWEET! I was SO bummed I wasn't going to make the trip out, but now I'm all smiles. I'd really like to see the first game more though. UW has had period long brain cramps getting out of their zone and transitioning cleanly and UM will be the most speed they've seen all year, which will only increase the likelihood of more brain cramps, though it reads on the rodent thread that they have similar issues. I think UW has an advantage in goal, though UM has played a tougher schedule, so it's hard to predict how Soup will play in the toughest series of the year.
                              As you said before Timothy A -- I am a "glass half full guy" and I still think the best hockey is yet to come for this team. Not all the players are firing on all cylinders yet as evidenced by the inconsistency in offensive pressure and some defensive lapses. But, they are 10-0 with practically a full season yet to play. I think they are getting better week to week and that is a great sign. I like this team a lot and though this weekend will be a tough test vs. the Gophers, there is still a lot of potential on this Badgers team that I am excited to watch come together as this season progresses!

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                                As you said before Timothy A -- I am a "glass half full guy" and I still think the best hockey is yet to come for this team. Not all the players are firing on all cylinders yet as evidenced by the inconsistency in offensive pressure and some defensive lapses. But, they are 10-0 with practically a full season yet to play. I think they are getting better week to week and that is a great sign. I like this team a lot and though this weekend will be a tough test vs. the Gophers, there is still a lot of potential on this Badgers team that I am excited to watch come together as this season progresses!
                                I totally agree. I think by March MJ will have them firing on all cylinders and all the games up to that point are simply teaching and learning tools (as long as they keep winning) to get to the FF again. It's just a bit of a shock to see them struggle against the likes of BSU and Mato for extended periods of time and not just a shift here or a shift there. That will be gone by March or earlier. The best thing about this year so far is the freshmen really don't look like freshmen. That is very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X