X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    The more I watch them play, the more I question the “wait until next year team”. Granted, they will be getting a few ringers back but will it be enough? Other teams are also getting better. Wisconsin will have Clark and Pankowski and likely be #1. OSU will be a year older and have a few interesting recruits coming in that will help on the back end. . UMD will have their goaltender while Bemidji, St-Cloud and Mankato continue to improve. I can see the Gophers being right where they are this year. I do believe that the WCHA will be extremely competitive even moreso than it is right now which is only good for the game.
    Gopher talk taking over the Wisconsin thread...I like it.

This year's Gopher team does not have a true first line. They were centralized. The P-line will be back and some very, very good freshmen forwards are coming in as well. Goaltender will be a question mark along with defensive depth for them next year.

I don't know who is going to beat bc next year...seriously.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

The more I watch them play, the more I question the “wait until next year team”.
      In this case I meant it in the manner of Gopher football or basketball where it's always "wait until next year".

Granted, they will be getting a few ringers back but will it be enough?
      They'll be a top-four team; beyond that, I don't know.
      Wisconsin will have Clark and Pankowski and likely be #1.
      Pannek has the ability to make others better, something the Gophers lacked this year. Maybe Clark can, but I've never seen that from Pankowski. The Badgers definitely start from a higher point, so if the additions are a wash, then advantage Badgers.
      OSU will be a year older and have a few interesting recruits coming in that will help on the back end.
      IMO, OSU will battle UMD and BSU for third.
      UMD will have their goaltender
      The Bulldogs graduate four defensemen. I know what graduating three defensemen looks like, so they'll definitely need their goalie.
      ... while Bemidji, St-Cloud and Mankato continue to improve.
      True, so they might win games from Wisconsin, UMD, and OSU as well. The question is, will any of them improve as much as the teams above them? I can see it from Bemidji if goaltending is better than it was this year.
      I can see the Gophers being right where they are this year.
      I think they'll improve by 5-10 wins, but I guess we'll find out. My guess is that they'll look a lot like this year's BC and play a lot of high-scoring games.

As for BC next year, it won't be proven in goal either.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Wisconsin also picks up Shirley and Curl (and DeVito) for next year. I don't know much about DeVito, but the other 2 are top end players. They probably pass all the current Fr on the roster.

I agree Pankowski is a finisher but not a creator. Clark is a combo player. The only true creator on the roster now is Roque.

I have no idea what to expect this weekend, it's totally unknown territory.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          As for BC next year, it won't be proven in goal either.
          So"It"is going to be the goaltender for bc next year? I am not familiar with it...

Comment

I like that one. what's crazy is that the same 4 teams will most likely be there next year
            WI, MN, Clarkson and BC
            1- WI, MN, BC Harvard
            2- WI, MN CL, BC
            3- WI, MN, BC, CL
            this year- who knows. has as good a chance as any combo out there to repeat
            next year- WI, MN, BC CL? goalie?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              So"It"is going to be the goaltender for bc next year? I am not familiar with it...
              Sure you are. Short, long hair, cousin of the Adam's Family. Didn't know "It" was a goalie though.
              Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-09-2018, 12:05 PM. Reason: Who'd a thunk IT!
              "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                Sure you are. Short, long hair, cousin of the Adam's Family. Didn't know "It" was a goalie though.
                Yeah that's true but I did use that bit in another thread so I left it alone.

Comment

Per a tweet from Madison TV station WKOW and retweeted by UW Women's Hockey, WKOW is picking up the Duluth TV telecast of the UW-Duluth game both tonight and tomorrow. Available on channel "27.3" digital channel, aka "Decades Channel" (Decades is also Charter Cable #189 in Madison area.)

(I'll be at UW men vs Minnesota. So now I have to figure out if I can get a tablet into the Kohl Center, and if I can get "27.3" on my tablet.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    Per a tweet from Madison TV station WKOW and retweeted by UW Women's Hockey, WKOW is picking up the Duluth TV telecast of the UW-Duluth game both tonight and tomorrow. Available on channel "27.3" digital channel, aka "Decades Channel" (Decades is also Charter Cable #189 in Madison area.)

(I'll be at UW men vs Minnesota. So now I have to figure out if I can get a tablet into the Kohl Center, and if I can get "27.3" on my tablet.)
                    I wonder if "The Dick Cavett Show" and "Laugh In" will be preempted so we can enjoy the UW-UMD game as well!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      I wonder if "The Dick Cavett Show" and "Laugh In" will be preempted so we can enjoy the UW-UMD game as well!
                      WKOW has "sister stations" in La Crosse, Eau Claire, and Wausau (WXOW, WYOW, others?) If one is in those areas, seeing whether they are also picking up the game is worth a look.

Comment

Well, a pretty good response Friday. Looked like a lot of seeing eye goals in traffic, that's puck luck I guess. Saturday, fell in a hole again, but fought their way out to get a tie and then win the shootout.

What an unexpected awesome result to win the WCHA this year! Congrats to the players on coaches.

I have no idea what to expect this upcoming weekend. The rodents are up and down, UW has been up and down lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                          Having six defensemen will be a nice change.
                          You mean having six D he likes

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Oh no! There is NO doubting what rodentbadger posts. Campbell is the locked in starter and a PK top 10 for sure! Don't try and get any facts in the way.
                            Would you like the Crow hot or cold. To quote one of the many Epic MN Football Coaches in recent history..."Are you hungry or are you starving"

Now that we have the facts, what do you think of your goalie now?

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
                              Would you like the Crow hot or cold. To quote one of the many Epic MN Football Coaches in recent history..."Are you hungry or are you starving"

Now that we have the facts, what do you think of your goalie now?
                              Wow, you dug back DEEP for that one, but hindsight is always 2020, right? I had my reasons for my beliefs and they were logic based like all my posts. I am shocked MJ didn't give Cece a shot at some point early in the season seeing she had equal experience to Soup, but obviously Soup showed in practice that she's the one.

Anyway to answer the question 1: I prefer my crow stuffed with gopher meat and deep fried, then make a broth out of the gopher carcasses, add a little red wine, cook it down, then put that over some white asparagus and red cabbage. Allez Cuisine!

I think Soup is awesome and I'm glad she's here and not anywhere, especially rodentsota. She'd be a game changer for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                add a little red wine,
                                Please...like you would be using red wine.

Comment

Working...
                                X