This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

I disavow any knowledge of the alleged events...
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      Really? She grew up in Wisconsin in a hockey family. "Uncle Tony" is in Korea right now coaching the US team. And the "extreme hatred" is why she calls it her "five-year old" reaction; there's a reason she phrased it that way that you seem to be ignoring.

What sort of reaction would Gopher players have expected?
      exactly!!! do you think a MN player doesn't feel the same way? I know a few BC and BU players that have some hate for each other...not personally but the school.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        I disavow any knowledge of the alleged events...
        Events? What events? Too bad the FSN broadcast wasn't Saturday, you would have seen some sights for sure that you would have not liked, like the BADgers hoisting the cup among other things.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Now that the SERF I think it was called is gone from the north end of the hockey area, it would have been a breeze to extend Labahn to the north and put seats all the way around the rink. It's a shame to waste an opportunity like that, it will never come again. They maybe could have even put a few suites up there for events.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Now that the SERF I think it was called is gone from the north end of the hockey area

SERF (SouthEast Recreational Facility - a student exercise building with basketball, handball, volleyball, stairmasters, etc, and a competition swimming pool - is being replaced by a bigger/better/different SERF. The current open space is a very temporary thing.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              SERF (SouthEast Recreational Facility - a student exercise building with basketball, handball, volleyball, stairmasters, etc, and a competition swimming pool - is being replaced by a bigger/better/different SERF. The current open space is a very temporary thing.
              Right, but add onto Labahn with the SERF rebuild. Just build the SERF up instead of a giant footprint on the ground and give some to footprint to Labahn. Or at least leave a open footprint to add onto Labahn at a later date. Obviously this is all too late, just another example of women's hockey being the ugly stepchild.

Comment

Can't wait to see this team back at full strength for the WCHA Final Four! The girls have done a great job with all the injuries they have had over the last month. Maurmann was a huge loss for this team! Getting Shaver, Maui, cast off Gards' wrist, & Norby back on the ice at 100% will be a nice boost for this team. We are an energy team & need these girls back!
                Last edited by Tool Shed; 02-20-2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

If anyone is interested, here's a write-up from a year ago on replacing SERF: why it was needed, funding, schedule, etc.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...fa0ad8284.html

(Personally interesting to me was the "built less than 35 years ago". I knew it was about that, but didn't know exactly. When I was in school, the whole area from Dayton down to the bike path (which was railroad tracks then) was open fields, parking, and lousy blacktop tennis and basketball courts. We used to play touch football when the Kohl Center is. I am old!)
                  Last edited by robertearle; 02-20-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
                    Can't wait to see this team back at full strength for the WCHA Final Four! The girls have done a great job with all the injuries they have had over the last month. Maurmann was a huge loss for this team! Getting Shaver, Maui, cast off Gards' wrist, & Norby back on the ice at 100% will be a nice boost for this team. We are an energy team & need these girls back!
                    Gards has a cast? Interesting, that maybe would explain why she seemed less aggressive last week. Great post.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Gards has a cast? Interesting, that maybe would explain why she seemed less aggressive last week. Great post.
                      Yep, big ol blue cast from her forearm to her fingers. Perhaps if you were looking at the girls from the waist up you may have noticed. Not saying...just sayin!
                      Last edited by HockeyThumper; 02-20-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyThumper View Post
                        Yep, big ol blue cast from her forearm to her fingers. Perhaps if you were looking at the girls from the waist up you may have noticed. Not saying...just sayin!
                        Omg, game over
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyThumper View Post
                          LOL. You didn't have to look too hard to see what I saw. Thanks for the pertinent hockey info.

Comment

UW gets BSU. The 2 games between the 2 a few weeks ago were TIGHT. This could be upset city, especially if Shaver and Mauermann are still out. I guess I could live with Gardner still having a cast on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              UW gets BSU. The 2 games between the 2 a few weeks ago were TIGHT. This could be upset city, especially if Shaver and Mauermann are still out. I guess I could live with Gardner still having a cast on.
                              Shaver and Mauermann out is big much like OSU without Sauve. I feel for these girls as they work hard all year for this opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                                Shaver and Mauermann out is big much like OSU without Sauve. I feel for these girls as they work hard all year for this opportunity.
                                Is Sauve out for the coming weekend?

(Per the OSU web site) She didn't play this past week against Mankato. The week before, she was in goal against Bemidji. The week before that, she was out, against Mankato. The whole rest of the season, she has missed just two games; back in November, against Mankato.

She has missed six games all year, and all six were against Mankato. I honestly don't know if it is an injury, or she/they just don't like matching her up against the Mavericks (for whatever reason).

Comment

Working...
                                X