• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching Changes

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170626mev0dd

Comment

SNHU announced this morning their new HC: Sean Walsh - class of '06.

http://snhupenmen.com/sports/mice/20...20170630dw8v1d

Comment

new SNC assistant
        http://www.snc.edu/athletics/pressrelease/4188/

Brandt, a Wausau, Wis., native, arrives at St. Norbert after spending the last two-and-a-half seasons as the head coach and general manager of the Atlanta Gladiators of the ECHL. He was also an assistant coach with the Gladiators for the 2013-14 season and into the 2014-15 season before being promoted.
        St. Norbert College Green Knights
        NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
        NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
        NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
        ---
        SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Neumann seeking Head Coach

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
            new SNC assistant
            http://www.snc.edu/athletics/pressrelease/4188/

Brandt, a Wausau, Wis., native, arrives at St. Norbert after spending the last two-and-a-half seasons as the head coach and general manager of the Atlanta Gladiators of the ECHL. He was also an assistant coach with the Gladiators for the 2013-14 season and into the 2014-15 season before being promoted.
            Looks like a solid hire..
            SNC Men:
            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:
            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pman View Post
              Neumann seeking Head Coach
              Link? Not finding that info. Actually now I do see TBD listed as coach. No article that I can find. Can you post an article?
              Last edited by dhammond; 08-11-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
                Link? Not finding that info. Actually now I do see TBD listed as coach. No article that I can find. Can you post an article?
                No article on this subject on line......not sure of why incumbent moved on......

Comment

Originally posted by pman View Post
                  No article on this subject on line......not sure of why incumbent moved on......
                  Facebook post
                  Hockey Family,
                  I would like to inform everyone that I will not be returning to the Neumann University Ice Hockey Program this season. I have been given a tremendous opportunity outside of ice hockey and have chosen to explore that opportunity, along with focusing on "The Goalie Doctor". It comes with a heavy heart to part ways from a university and a hockey program that has been a part of my life for 10 years. I want to thank the Neumann University community for allowing me to be a part of their success for such a long period of time. President Dr. Mirenda and Director of Athletics Chuck Sack provided me with an opportunity to learn and grow as a person, player, and coach, and I cannot thank them enough. These past 2 seasons as the Head Coach/Assistant Athletic Director has been a great experience and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I was honored to be a part of such a well respected NCAA DIII ice hockey program and have the opportunity to help young men reach their goals in the classroom, around the community, and on the ice. I would like to thank every single player who laced up the skates for me during my time as the Head, Assistant, and Goalie Coach. To all the returning and incoming players, I want to wish you all the best of luck in hockey and in life. I can speak first hand about the lessons and experiences that Neumann University can provide and I know you will all learn and grow as individuals as well. Once a Knight, FOREVER A KNIGHT!

Things in life happen for a reason and I am very excited about my next chapter. I will be working for Biddle Capital Management, a financial advising firm, along with focusing my time back to the Goalie Doctor. Opportunities in life happen when you least expect them and I am grateful to have the opportunity to stay involved with hockey and coaching but also utilize my education that I received during my college career.

I want to thank everyone for the support through my journey in hockey and in life.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Facebook post
                    In other words, "I'm going to be making a boatload of money working in the financial industry compared to the pennies on the dollar I earn putting in a boatload of hours coaching, recruiting, and putting up with insane parents..."
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

former SNC and LU assistant Ryan Petersen joins USHL Gamblers, where he played
                      http://fox11online.com/sports/hockey...ins-as-coaches
                      St. Norbert College Green Knights
                      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                      ---
                      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        In other words, "I'm going to be making a boatload of money working in the financial industry compared to the pennies on the dollar I earn putting in a boatload of hours coaching, recruiting, and putting up with insane parents..."
                        I think the utilizing my degree comment may be important too. It's not easy to put in four hard years, earn the degree, and then not use the skills. Trust me - I speak from experience on this one. I'm sure the money is a factor (why shouldn't it be?), but he's probably also being honest about wanting to use his education...
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95
                        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                          I think the utilizing my degree comment may be important too. It's not easy to put in four hard years, earn the degree, and then not use the skills. Trust me - I speak from experience on this one. I'm sure the money is a factor (why shouldn't it be?), but he's probably also being honest about wanting to use his education...

I hope you are correct, coaching has to be a tough racket. Losing 14 Seniors from last year might make it difficult for the new guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Bradz View Post
                            I hope you are correct, coaching has to be a tough racket. Losing 14 Seniors from last year might make it difficult for the new guy!
                            Guy(s).....lost their D asst coach this week as well

Comment

Working...
                            X