Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.08: Suckers

Sweet jeebus
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Side note - how did we get to talking about salt in the Trump thread?
      We were trying to figure out how to eradicate a slug.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      So... additives and grain size, yes?
      Sorry, I was thinking of "additives" as completely the opposite of "naturally occurring" but I probably just restated exactly what you said.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        FYI I want calling you a misogynist buddy.

NY Times has a frightening story about women who voted for Trump and how they still think he is doing a great job. Can't fix stupid...
        I liked Krugmans op ed today- how trump supporters aren't yet ready to admit they made a mistake so they're doubling down.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          I liked Krugmans op ed today- how trump supporters aren't yet ready to admit they made a mistake so they're doubling down.
          Large masses of voters do not ever admit they made a mistake. At most they decide the candidate betrayed them.

In this case that would be okay, too. The anti-Wall Street, anti-corporate sentiment of the Trump supporters is completely rational. Those are the "elites" that are really hurting the country, and the more anger against them the better. I don't expect that to die down, particularly since we are heading for a repeat of the Great Recession.

If those people ever figure out they really have been betrayed -- by the GOP -- then look out.
          Last edited by Kepler; 05-01-2017, 09:07 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Well yeah. :P. I was thinking more like a home cooked meal from scratch. If I'm making a brat, I won't salt it. But a baked potato? Yeah, pass the salt.
            I prefer pepper to salt but a little salt is nice.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Worst President of my lifetime keeps getting worse.

So bad in fact that salt is more interesting.
              Scooby wins
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Back to reality: why did we have the civil war?? He could have made a deal!

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-the-civil-war
                LOL. The only thing he and Jackson have in common is a feverish desire to deport people of color, and re-declare Manifest Destiny for white Christian men.

Ol' Hickory crawled out of poverty to lead an army and a country, was much smarter, didn't dodge military service, lived with lead embedded in him for decades, and was fiercely loyal to his wife, even after she died young. He had his faults, but he's a giant of a man compared to SCROTUS.

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                We were trying to figure out how to eradicate a slug.
                *stick tap*

Comment

Nothing shocking here. Focus groups from dems suggest voters think democrats will favor the wealthy not the republicans.
                  Excuse me while I go weep for a while.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.93937e891d5e

Comment

Great Jackson's ghost!
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

He actually said "No one ever asks why we had a Civil War...". I mean outside of the hundreds of books published each decade about it, the thousands of Thesis', Capstones, Dissertations, Position Papers, Scholarly articles, historical reviews published each year and well the Ken Burn's doc

I also enjoyed this:

"He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War, he said, 'There's no reason for this.'"

Jackson, the nation's seventh president, died in 1845. The Civil War began in 1861.

I especially liked when he compared himself to Andrew Jackson...who was mean and nasty and fought a battle with the elites. Apparently Trump is not elite
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Large masses of voters do not ever admit they made a mistake. At most they decide the candidate betrayed them.
                        This is true today. It's why congress has an approval rating under 20% in most polls but in a year with a lot of turnover over 90% of them still get reelected. People are unwilling to admit that THEY are the problem, only everyone else is voting for the wrong person. What bothers me most though is that in the past, at least people were willing to lie about who they voted for when they realized it was a mistake. Find someone in 1974 who admitted voting for Nixon. Now people not only are still proud of their vote for Trump, they are stupid enough to believe he is doing well. Our pride will always get in the way of admitting a mistake, but at least 40 years ago we KNEW it ended up being a mistake to vote for tricky Dick and wouldn't fess up to voting for him. We're much dumber now and my guess is that in 2018 virtually everyone who voted for Trump that is still alive will claim he is doing a great job as president.

Comment

Nothing shocking here. Focus groups from dems suggest voters think democrats will favor the wealthy not the republicans.
                          Excuse me while I go weep for a while.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.93937e891d5e
                          The party that taxes the rich to the point they apparently cant stand it anymore favor the rich? The party that cuts taxes to the rich placing more burden on the poor care more about the average citizen? Would someone teach these people how to think...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            LOL. The only thing he and Jackson have in common is a feverish desire to deport people of color, and re-declare Manifest Destiny for white Christian men.

Ol' Hickory crawled out of poverty to lead an army and a country, was much smarter, didn't dodge military service, lived with lead embedded in him for decades, and was fiercely loyal to his wife, even after she died young. He had his faults, but he's a giant of a man compared to SCROTUS.
                            Jackson was a jerk, but he was an interesting jerk. He postponed the Civil War for 30 years by completely betraying the nullification movement that had brought him to power; he undercut Calhoun and faced down the South Carolina hicks as effectively as Bobby Kennedy faced down the segregation cowards in the South 130 years later. Like Hamlet said, "He was a man. Take him for all in all." He's roasting in hell, but he's probably far more comfortable there than with that blue nose JQA in heaven.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

In this case that would be okay, too. The anti-Wall Street, anti-corporate sentiment of the Trump supporters is completely rational. Those are the "elites" that are really hurting the country, and the more anger against them the better. I don't expect that to die down, particularly since we are heading for a repeat of the Great Recession.

If those people ever figure out they really have been betrayed -- by the GOP -- then look out.
                              All the more reason to repeal Obamacare, get those tax cuts for corporations and the 1% passed, and aggressively deport migrant workers. Trumpettes can keep living in their little racist play world until his policies start to hit them in the wallet - rising prices at the grocery, continued wage stagnation, and the continued decline of available blue collar labor.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                All the more reason to repeal Obamacare, get those tax cuts for corporations and the 1% passed, and aggressively deport migrant workers. Trumpettes can keep living in their little racist play world until his policies start to hit them in the wallet - rising prices at the grocery, continued wage stagnation, and the continued decline of available blue collar labor.
                                Like this? What a fantastic piece. Good work, Tennessee.

https://www.vo*****/policy-and-politics/2017/5/1/15373372/obamacare-tennessee-zero-insurers

Comment

Working...
                                X