This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.08: Suckers

Unsalted food is bland and nasty. How can you not season your food?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Because the food is good enough in the first place. Or I season it with stuff that is not salt.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Food needs to be seasoned. And by seasoned I mean salt. Try baking bread without salt. It's nasty.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Food needs to be seasoned. And by seasoned I mean salt. Try baking bread without salt. It's nasty.
          Or homemade soup without salt.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Most of the processed food crap people eat is already loaded with salt. It doesn't need more salt.

Comment

I tend to add a little high quality pink Himalayan or Hawaiian sea salt. Controlling how much is used is key.

Comment

I think I found out our difference. Food is made with salt. Cool. It's the added salt we add after being served.....THAT salt is unnecessary.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  Most of the processed food crap people eat is already loaded with salt.
                  Well yeah. :P. I was thinking more like a home cooked meal from scratch. If I'm making a brat, I won't salt it. But a baked potato? Yeah, pass the salt.
                  Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    I tend to add a little high quality pink Himalayan or Hawaiian sea salt. Controlling how much is used is key.
                    I haven't gotten into any of the mineral or smoked salts. I've thought about it, but haven't splurged yet.

Anything in particular that it goes well with?
                    Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I haven't gotten into any of the mineral or smoked salts. I've thought about it, but haven't splurged yet.

Anything in particular that it goes well with?
                      Everything? Seasoning steak or pork, home made soups or sauces...I don't have any white table salt in the house anymore

Comment

Side note: The only differences between one type of salt and another are:

A) Additives (typically iodine, or in the case of most expensive salts, a lack of other crap))
                        B) Grain size

Anyone who says that one salt tastes different from another is lying.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

A) Additives (typically iodine, or in the case of most expensive salts, a lack of other crap))
                          B) Grain size

And the only two I have in my home are Kosher (for cooking) and table (for baking). People who claim Himalayan salt is "chemical-free" is full of themselves, when... SALT IS A CHEMICAL!
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

B) Grain size

They're not lying, merely fooling themselves. Unless they're selling these artisan salts themselves, they believe it to be true, and thus not lying. Let's not toss out language bombs.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Salts do taste different. You can taste the difference between table salt (which I also don't buy anymore, only kosher) and kosher salt. When you add in various minerals and smokes, it's quite apparent.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Everything? Seasoning steak or pork, home made soups or sauces...I don't have any white table salt in the house anymore
                                Huh. I would have guessed that would have been too spendy. Where do you get it? Any good sources? Not so good sources?
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X