This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.08: Suckers

If Alex Jones loses custody of his kids, I hope someone follows him around and claim his kids never existed and those were paid actors.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      If Alex Jones loses custody of his kids, I hope someone follows him around and claim his kids never existed and those were paid actors.
      Brilliant!!!!

Comment

Trump is so musical

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I'd also be upset with Obama for hosting Common. I'm pretty sure Common would be upset with the whole thing.
          Not if golf was involved. Then we'd be treated to an hour of Common breaking down Obama's short game.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Maybe it's time you come to the realization he either:
            1. Pleasures himself when people reply to him because he's a troll
            2. Is a complete lunatic slowly losing his grip on reality
            3. He's just a classic moron

All three are good reasons to block him.
            I honestly think flaggy is "delayed" and just wants to participate. He's ours and he's harmless here, but he's a useful reminder that there are a lot of folks out there who also buy into the Alex Jones et al. con.

Comment

Bu-bye.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I get a kick out of how the left cackles with glee at so many things they think have signaled the "change." The closer than expected election in Kansas. The Democratic candidate amassing the most votes in the pre-runoff election in Georgia. And now the "downfall" of Bill O'Reilly. Once again we've counted our chickens before they have hatched. I don't think the eggs are even really cracking yet.

Close election or not, that district in Kansas still has a republican in office who will do absolutely nothing to stop Trump, and may do an awful lot to help him. And in Georgia, the likelihood that republicans will hold onto the seat is in stark contrast with how delighted the left seems to be that Osoff got 48% of the vote in the first round of voting. He polled right around there and if he gets 48% of the vote again in June, he's another loser. And Bill O'Reilly? He got to be on top of the cable TV heap for more than 20 years, got to grope and screw women against their will, and walks away from it all with $25 million for NOT working and his supporters are even more in love with him than ever. You think he thinks for a minute he was a loser? Not a chance.

We have to quit thinking what has happened so far means anything. If we want to see real change we have to ramp up things more than anyone is doing yet. What has happened so far is not turning it up to eleven. We've barely turned the amplifiers on. They might be at 1 or 2. Maybe 3 in a few places. We gotta turn it all up to eleven, and everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  We have to quit thinking what has happened so far means anything. If we want to see real change we have to ramp up things more than anyone is doing yet. What has happened so far is not turning it up to eleven. We've barely turned the amplifiers on. They might be at 1 or 2. Maybe 3 in a few places. We gotta turn it all up to eleven, and everywhere.
                  This is not really news.

Not to call you out specifically, as you are hardly the problem and since others here are much, much worse, but the main problem the left has is constant self-examination at the expense of unity. The right has no self-awareness. It drops off the theological-commercial conveyor belt and moves forward inexorably like a shark according to its hard-wired instincts:

1. Worship the strong
                  2. Smash the weak
                  3. Do anything -- anything -- for a buck

The left drops off the academic-scientific conveyor belt, constantly doubling back, double checking, regarding any conclusion as provisional, and always, always bending over backwards to accommodate all opinions, even (especially) if they come from historically ignored perspectives. For the vast majority of the electorate that seems like a lack of the courage of convictions. The result is the right's heedless, blowhard, often cynically manipulative messaging resonates more effectively than the left's careful, conditional, intellectualized, nuanced... you get it.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 04-22-2017, 11:37 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I get a kick out of how the left cackles with glee at so many things they think have signaled the "change." The closer than expected election in Kansas. The Democratic candidate amassing the most votes in the pre-runoff election in Georgia. And now the "downfall" of Bill O'Reilly. Once again we've counted our chickens before they have hatched. I don't think the eggs are even really cracking yet.

Close election or not, that district in Kansas still has a republican in office who will do absolutely nothing to stop Trump, and may do an awful lot to help him. And in Georgia, the likelihood that republicans will hold onto the seat is in stark contrast with how delighted the left seems to be that Osoff got 48% of the vote in the first round of voting. He polled right around there and if he gets 48% of the vote again in June, he's another loser. And Bill O'Reilly? He got to be on top of the cable TV heap for more than 20 years, got to grope and screw women against their will, and walks away from it all with $25 million for NOT working and his supporters are even more in love with him than ever. You think he thinks for a minute he was a loser? Not a chance.

It's one thing to know what the volume setting should be; quite another to understand what music you wish to play and how you are going to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      how you are going to sell it.
                      That's the bottom line. The right approaches politics like a business venture and thinks in terms of sales and revenue. The left thinks being intellectually honest and correct on the facts is enough. Because we all know Charles Darwin sold more books than Barbara Cartland.

You just have to look at the top 40 to understand what happens, unless somebody on the left also considers it a marketing problem.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Things are moving forward now that the shill is no longer running the HIC: http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...tes-to-testify
                        Shouldnt all those "Anti-Hillary people (especially Sicatoka) be calling for Nunes' head because he is being investigated for giving away classified information?
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Not to call you out specifically, as you are hardly the problem and since others here are much, much worse, but the main problem the left has is constant self-examination at the expense of unity.
                          The only thing the left needs to be examining right now is results. Did it win elections? If the answer is no, find better candidates and run better campaigns. Too often, the right justifies the means because it attains the ends it actually wants. But the left too infrequently will justify the means. We're in a crisis. We need to pull the goalie. We need to win and we're not going to if we continue to rely on the same Democrats and the same tactics. Sadly though, every time I hear Pelosi or even Warren, I hear the same old things. I watched the party alienate too many working- and middle-class Americans. I think the results of 2016 proved there were a lot more "old white men" than anybody thought there were and I watched the democrats turn these voters off nearly every chance they had. Turn them off again in 2018 and Trump WILL defy the almost universal truism of a president losing seats in the first mid-term elections after an election.

Comment

We get it...you are a miserable human being. Seriously go to Canada already and leave us in peace. You are no better than the homeless people holding signs about the end of the world. Seriously you sound like the ultra Right Wingers that used to show up on campus preaching about Armageddon and how we were all going to burn.

Everything matters, even close losses. Just because you are standing on a ledge ready to jump doesnt mean the rest of us have to join you. You arent a brilliant thinker just because you choose to believe the world is over.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              This is not really news.

Not to call you out specifically, as you are hardly the problem and since others here are much, much worse, but the main problem the left has is constant self-examination at the expense of unity. The right has no self-awareness. It drops off the theological-commercial conveyor belt and moves forward inexorably like a shark according to its hard-wired instincts:

1. Worship the strong
                              2. Smash the weak
                              3. Do anything -- anything -- for a buck

The left drops off the academic-scientific conveyor belt, constantly doubling back, double checking, regarding any conclusion as provisional, and always, always bending over backwards to accommodate all opinions, even (especially) if they come from historically ignored perspectives. For the vast majority of the electorate that seems like a lack of the courage of convictions. The result is the right's heedless, blowhard, often cynically manipulative messaging resonates more effectively than the left's careful, conditional, intellectualized, nuanced... you get it.
                              Yes...the Left always looks for the reason why. The Right says "screw it, double down and convince them we are right".

That doesnt make what Chicken Little is crying about any more true though. Looking for positive signs isnt spinning...there is a reason why people make projections and are often right. Patterns do emerge. Some will ignore them because positive news gives them the red *** (see: Chicken Little Notre Dame Hockey Guy ) and some will keep them in mind to see how they play out later.

When you ignore them you get things like Trump winning...the signs were there but many of us figured they didnt mean anything. Well they did. The same is true for the other way as well. If in 2 years things shift how many believe it will we can lok back at this period as a sign that things were changing. (like many of us are saying right now) If they dont, then none of it matters anyways and we were wrong.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I guess Trump was on to something...
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X