• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.08: Suckers

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Your White House in action.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...d-trump-237669

Good thing you don't need experience to run the most powerful country on earth. Who knew it could be so complicated? Or hard?
    This quote from the linked article is absolutely wrong:

Trump’s critics and supporters alike are equally flummoxed about what this president stands for.
    His supporters are not flummoxed. Well, not by Trump at least.

They believe everything he says. They agree with everything he does. They blame every failing on either the congress (Democrats or Republicans, depending on the issue), fake media (of course not the media they consume), or even his advisors (who don't display the toughness trump needs). I believe his support among people who voted for him is even more solid in April than it was in November. Trump may eventually crash and burn, but only if republicans in congress believe anything other than open opposition to him will cost them votes. If that happens, he will have the exact same approval rating he has today. This is the American voter in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      My parents weren't wanted by Canada, apparently they don't want retirement age people to suck on their healthcare teat. So they're buying a condo in Mexico to live in at least part of the year. Looking forward to Christmas on the beach.
      I'm in my 30s, with a master's degree so I will probably do okay on their points based system.

I have a coworker that is a self taught programmer, did like 30 years at Dec/Compac/HP writing compilers and Unix code before he came to work with us. He can't emigrate to Candada, where is daughter lives, because he is old and has no college degree so he scores very low.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        I'm in my 30s, with a master's degree so I will probably do okay on their points based system.

I have a coworker that is a self taught programmer, did like 30 years at Dec/Compac/HP writing compilers and Unix code before he came to work with us. He can't emigrate to Candada, where is daughter lives, because he is old and has no college degree so he scores very low.
        I went out to Canada's site once, just to see how I'd rate. It said I was "very likely" to be approved for a citizenship application. So long as they never actually interview me...
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Tillerson wants to cut a quarter of the jobs in the State Dept. Who needs those guys when you have Jared, right?
          Wasnt he supposed to be creating jobs?
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Bye Bye Planet Earth. Nice knowing you.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...lling-47071730

Working to dismantle his predecessor's environmental legacy, President Donald Trump plans to sign an executive order Friday that could lead to the expansion of drilling in the Arctic and Atlantic oceans.

With one day left to rack up accomplishments before he reaches his 100th day in office, Trump will order his interior secretary to review an Obama-era plan that dictates which locations are open to offshore drilling, with the goal of the new administration to expand operations.

It's part of Trump's promise to unleash the nation's energy reserves in an effort to reduce reliance on foreign oil and to spur jobs, regardless of fierce opposition from environmental activists, who say offshore drilling harms whales, walruses and other wildlife and exacerbates global warming.

"This order will cement our nation's position as a global energy leader and foster energy security for the benefit of American people, without removing any of the stringent environmental safeguards that are currently in place," Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke told reporters at a White House briefing Thursday evening.

Zinke said the order, combined with other steps Trump has taken during his first months in office, "puts us on track for American energy independence."

The executive order will reverse part of a December effort by President Barack Obama to deem the bulk of U.S.-owned waters in the Arctic Ocean and certain areas in the Atlantic as indefinitely off limits to oil and gas leasing.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              If the Dems dont nominate someone reviled they will win and it wont even be that hard. No amount of Obama blaming will change that. Remember he won not because of a bunch of stories, but because a bunch of people in a few key states stayed home. (mostly cause they hated her) Now, maybe they will stay home again but odds are they wont unless they nominate The Shrill again. Trump cant win with Romney numbers against a candidate people like.

But sure, you and Scooby and NDChickenLittle can just assume that Trump is unbeatable and the country is screwed. How very Dem of you...
              Hillary was the second worst possible candidate, you'll get no argument from me.

But the Roght doesn't care that Trump was worse, only that he isn't a liberal. That's was enough. Just like how it's enough for (I presume) most of the 33 GOP governors, most of the 32 GOP controlled legislatures, and most of the 238 GOP held US Rep districts.

A very significant portion of our varying state/district lines don't care about politics. It's a culture clash and Trump is on their side of it, therefore they won't abandon him.

If the Left can form their ranks, they can compete, but if you think the Left that stayed home because a non-Democrat didn't win over the DNC is going to suddenly play ball, I have a bridge to sell you.

We need a historically great candidate to win, and even then he'll get hung up by congress unless the Walmart crowd starts dying off.

If anything, I have no idea where any sense of optimism comes from.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Bye Bye Planet Earth. Nice knowing you.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...lling-47071730
                If you want to save the planet, stop buying products from China

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                  Cafe. I present to you, Exhibit "A".
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Don't the oil companies hold hundreds of leases for offshore drilling sites that they've never even done a thing with, just cause it's too expensive? What does opening up more territory for them to drill in do, when they won't even drill the stuff they already have?

Unless you want to let them drill 100 feet off Miami Beach, where it won't cost them hardly a thing, comparitively.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

And? Show me a TV made in the US.

Boycotting China does nothing to help stop climate change. It could rasie wages in the US though, but only if companies brought their manufacturing back here. Ivanka Trump, I'm talking to you. Buy American Hire American. Oh wait, that executive order doesn't apply to private sector companies.
                      Last edited by rufus; 04-28-2017, 01:59 PM.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Don't the oil companies hold hundreds of leases for offshore drilling sites that they've never even done a thing with, just cause it's too expensive? What does opening up more territory for them to drill in do, when they won't even drill the stuff they already have?

Unless you want to let them drill 100 feet off Miami Beach, where it won't cost them hardly a thing, comparitively.
                        All of it is pure insanity.

Comment

And? Show me a TV made in the US.

Boycotting China does nothing to help stop climate change. It could rasie wages in the US though, but only if companies brought their manufacturing back here. Ivanka Trump, I'm talking to you. Buy American Hire American. Oh wait, that executive order doesn't apply to private sector companies.
                          I am not talking about boycotting China(that would be impossible at this point), I just pushed his buttons for his doom and gloom(fear mongering) on every article that comes out. Like your other post about oil, there are places in Alberta that have shut off production because the price of oil is so low. Once oil goes up, they will start to frack again in the more remote areas. Until then, this order seems just a shot at Obama.

Comment

I am not talking about boycotting China(that would be impossible at this point), I just pushed his buttons for his doom and gloom(fear mongering) on every article that comes out. Like your other post about oil, there are places in Alberta that have shut off production because the price of oil is so low. Once oil goes up, they will start to frack again in the more remote areas. Until then, this order seems just a shot at Obama.
                            You seen what fracking has been doing in Oklahoma?

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/03/news...oil/index.html

Or what the spill did to the gulf?

Numerous investigations explored the causes of the explosion and record-setting spill. Notably, the U.S. government's September 2011 report pointed to defective cement on the well, faulting mostly BP, but also rig operator Transocean and contractor Halliburton.[21][22] Earlier in 2011, a White House commission likewise blamed BP and its partners for a series of cost-cutting decisions and an inadequate safety system, but also concluded that the spill resulted from "systemic" root causes and "absent significant reform in both industry practices and government policies, might well recur".[23]
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwa...izon_oil_spill

Are the reforms in place??????????????????????????

But, yeah, Drill baby Drill.

Comment

Because everything happens in a space where, you know, nothing ever changes, like a sort of, I guess you could say, like a vacuum, and nothing ever changes after a specific situation ends. Nothing that could require further scrutiny.

He also reacted to the developing controversy behind his fired national security adviser Michael Flynn, whom House lawmakers say may have violated policies against taking foreign money without permission after he left the Obama administration. Trump suggested it was the Obama administration, not his transition team, that erred in vetting him.

“I do feel badly for [Flynn]. He served the country. He was a general. But just remember, he was approved by the Obama administration at the highest level,” Trump said. “And when they say we didn’t vet, well Obama I guess didn’t vet, because he was approved at the highest level of security by the Obama administration. So when he came into our administration, for a short period of time, he came in, he was already approved by the Obama administration.”
                              So I'm just gonna, you know, like President Obama did, pass the buck.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Lay off the paint thinner this early in the day son it will only rot whats left of your brain...
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X