X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.08: Suckers

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    People who think I'm chicken little can eff off, first of all as I need to get that off my chest. I was one of the few around here who even sniffed a chance at where we are at right now and it sickens me that I was even remotely correct. But I was f cking correct to be worried wasn't I? People who are not scared 5h!tless right now can go pound sand because it is a crisis unlike we've seen. People you know and love will suffer immeasurably because of trump. Not some poor dirt farmer in Afghanistan or some other remote place, and that's bad enough. People right here in the good old U S of A. You know where the country is really on the right track and it's just a matter of time before the positive change will begin happening. I'm not just sounding the alarm either, I go to work every day trying to make lives better for working class people, trying to fight for living wages, trying to make sure people do not suffer because of who they love or what door they walk through when they have to take a p!ss. But what I see every time I turn around is people believing everything will be all right and trying the same old things. So I continue to sound the alarm at the same time I try to make my little piece of the world a little more fair, a little more livable.
    I certainly feel bad for those who didn't vote for him.

But I have a tough time feeling sorry for those who did- which looks to be a LOT of people being harmed. They knew what they were voting for.

We will be one of many liberals who will probably make out well with some of the policies. Still have the possibility of cuts hurting really badly, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      Trumps gutting of the EPA alone makes Clinton infinitely better.
      yup, to some of us who benefit via the EPA, that harms us rather greatly. By an infinite amount.

Why is it so hard to see so many people have highly skilled and high paying jobs because of the EPA?

(BTW, he's gutted nothing, so far, just reviewing what was done. Yet)

edit- sorry I originally misread BassAle's post, so I corrected mine a little)
      Last edited by alfablue; 04-24-2017, 10:50 AM. Reason: totally misread the thread I quoted... sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        We report. You decide.
        Anyone that can make it to the end of that deserves a prize. I think I made it about 1/3 through yesterday before I ran out of gas. Reading shouldn't be that exhausting.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          I certainly feel bad for those who didn't vote for him.

But I have a tough time feeling sorry for those who did- which looks to be a LOT of people being harmed. They knew what they were voting for.

We will be one of many liberals who will probably make out well with some of the policies. Still have the possibility of cuts hurting really badly, though.
          Sorry, but Susan Sarandon didn't vote for Trump and I don't feel any sympathy for her either.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Brent still doesn't get it.
            I'm willing to give him a chance to say something to defend himself before saying anything myself.

I can go off of what he's said previously but I want to hear exactly why he thinks the two sides are equivalent.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              but I want to hear exactly why he thinks the two sides are equivalent.
              Ok, but he's been doing it since the fall before the election and refused to explain it in any other context then "it's not fair to be one sided. I'm Switzerland, look at me". So, good luck.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                No, to some of us who benefit via the EPA, that harms us rather greatly. By an infinite amount.

Why is it so hard to see so many people have highly skilled and high paying jobs because of the EPA?

(BTW, he's gutted nothing, so far, just reviewing what was done. so that claim is not true at this point)
                Well yes, his 40% cut in finding is merely a proposal right now, but he's already rolled back some EPA regulations via executive order, now prohibits the EPA from talking about climate change, rescinded a moratorium of mining for coal on federal lands, among other this. He hasn't killed the EPA yet, but if he does get his 40% cut it will devastating to our planet.

Comment

Well yes, his 40% cut in finding is merely a proposal right now, but he's already rolled back some EPA regulations via executive order, now prohibits the EPA from talking about climate change, rescinded a moratorium of mining for coal on federal lands, among other this. He hasn't killed the EPA yet, but if he does get his 40% cut it will devastating to our planet.
                  Even under Obama Flint had to sue to get their pipes replaced. That's an indication the EPA wasn't doing enough, or wasn't keeping their eye on the ball. I'm sure, now with the cuts they will be more focused.

http://www.ecowatch.com/michael-moor...882162388.html

When Gov. Snyder took office in 2011, one of the first things he did was to get a multi-billion dollar tax break passed by the Republican legislature for the wealthy and for corporations. But with less tax revenues, that meant he had to start cutting costs. So, many things—schools, pensions, welfare, safe drinking water—were slashed. Then he invoked an executive privilege to take over cities (all of them majority black) by firing the mayors and city councils whom the local people had elected, and installing his cronies to act as “dictators" over these cities. Their mission? Cut services to save money so he could give the rich even more breaks. That's where the idea of switching Flint to river water came from. To save $15 million! It was easy. Suspend democracy. Cut taxes for the rich. Make the poor drink toxic river water. And everybody's happy.
                  As long as that is the focus we're doomed. Doomed. And that focus is in control everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I was mainly referring to voters. And the underlined strengthens my view on it.
                    Give me a break, Mr. False Equivalency.

The fact that you go out of your way to stress that you don't like Trump, but then bend over backwards to find no differences between him and the opposition strengthens my initial statement. A moderate wouldn't be doing that.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Sorry, but Susan Sarandon didn't vote for Trump and I don't feel any sympathy for her either.
                      Bingo! Too much CYA with the "I didn't vote for him" crap. Did you vote FOR the person with the best chance to defeat him? If not, then too bad if you're horrified with what Trump is doing. You let it happen.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Yea, I get that- but given the people who plan on suing over his actions, he's got a long way to go.

I also don't see coal mining picking up just because of an order- it would have to pick up due to demand. That's like the reply that most drones say that lower taxes are job makers- which they are not. Demand for a product is a job maker. Lowering taxes just allows for more money to be made.

(BTW, sorry for not reading your original message- I got it very wrong).

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Ok, but he's been doing it since the fall before the election and refused to explain it in any other context then "it's not fair to be one sided. I'm Switzerland, look at me". So, good luck.
                          When one side is a rather bland, and beholden to Wall Street "more of the same" and the other is an egotistical, rampaging lunatic, then yeah, it is ok to be one-sided.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                            Anyone that can make it to the end of that deserves a prize. I think I made it about 1/3 through yesterday before I ran out of gas. Reading shouldn't be that exhausting.
                            I couldn't even make it past the first part.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              We report. You decide.
                              My grandmother's early stage dementia was more coherent than that. She didn't have access to nuclear weapons, though.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                                I'm really glad you said this because I felt guilty; I pegged out at about 2/3. It's a combination of banality, childish narcissism, and gibberish.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X