X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.08: Suckers

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Yes, I'm a snowflake.

I just don't think it's wise to mention underage children in anything happening in regards to what his/her parents do because the kid has no choice in how close it gets to the process. Maybe Baron did tell Daddy Dearest his speech was the greatest ever, but it's not like there's much else he could say on the matter. Lumping the kid in with the others you did in that short list, it's clearly not meant as a complement to the child.
    oh FFS, "clearly not meant as a complement to the child" ? It was a slam on the orange **** head saying only his family would have told him what a great speech it was, it was not an attack on his child. We aren't even allowed to mention his children's names now?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Step in line with my views, or be burned at the stake. That's the translation I see.

And the pizza joint was BS, we all know it. Don't lump me in with those folks.
      Did Bob Gray hack your account?

Comment

Step in line with my views, or be burned at the stake. That's the translation I see.

And the pizza joint was BS, we all know it. Don't lump me in with those folks.
        Ok, Switzerland.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Ok, Switzerland.
          And people wonder why there's a divide in politics. Obviously there is no possible way to try and take the best from "both sides" of the spectrum and find a compromise. Just a bunch of name-calling and assumption of views.

Have fun, folks, I'm outta here.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

And people wonder why there's a divide in politics. Obviously there is no possible way to try and take the best from "both sides" of the spectrum and find a compromise. Just a bunch of name-calling and assumption of views.

You, like all of your ilk have failed to realize how far right we have drifted. The middle today is complete right wing pyschoville.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Do me a personal favor and please stay. I like your inputs. I don't know why there's a current flamefest, but these things happen from time to time. It will cool down again.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You, like all of your ilk have failed to realize how far right we have drifted. The middle today is complete right wing pyschoville.
                The mean has moved to the right, but the median is where it always was.

Think of our politics as a 2x2 matrix: right/left vs informed/ignorant. Let's calibrate the two axes such that there are roughly 25% in each quadrant. The ignorant right -- the people who get all their information from Fox and Rush and believe it -- has gone psychotic, yes. But the other three quadrants are where they always were.

If we can figure out how to ally the 3 quadrants of 75% against the fourth mentally ill quadrant we can solve most of this country's political problems. It's not simple: appealing to the left only gets you 50%, appealing to the informed only gets you 50%. But we can start with simple stuff like this: if you agree that Sandy Hook really happened and wasn't a false flag or fake news, take a step forward. Baby steps.
                Last edited by Kepler; 04-25-2017, 08:31 AM.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  The mean has moved to the right, but the median is where it always was.

Think of our politics as a 2x2 matrix: right/left vs informed/ignorant. Let's calibrate the two axes such that there are roughly 25% in each quadrant. The ignorant right -- the people who get all their information from Fox and Rush and believe it -- has gone psychotic, yes. But the other three quadrants are where they always were.

If we can figure out how to ally the 3 quadrants of 75% against the fourth mentally ill quadrant we can solve most of this country's political problems. It's not simple: appealing to the left only gets you 50%, appealing to the informed only gets you 50%. But we can start with simple stuff like this: if you agree that Sandy Hook really happened and wasn't a false flag or fake news, take a step forward. Baby steps.
                  I don't think we can, cause we don't problem solve anymore. Although I did see this morning that Coons and Corker were doing some problem solving together on foreign aid. Problem is that 1% of the budget it a non-starter with Republicans and Trump and is easy street for agreement.

Get me new ideas on Health Care, Terrorism, and Immigration. Then we can talk. Otherwise I'm just going to scream and vilify the other side and those that don't take a side because that's what the Right does to me.

EDIT: I see orange boy is pussing out on the wall to keep the government open. Best thing for Democrats would be if the *******s shut it down over wall funding. A wall we were NEVER supposed to fund. And every article I read on the wall says it's a disaster. From giving up our river rights, to US Citizens actually having to live on the wrong side of it, to Native American land wanting nothing to do with it.

Nice work Repubs.
                  Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 04-25-2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Ivanka got booed in Berlin today, deservedly so, when she said her dad was great for families.
                    I hope the Germans are prepping to be bombed.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Ivanka got booed in Berlin today, deservedly so, when she said her dad was great for families.
                      I hope the Germans are prepping to be bombed.
                      She obviously knows her dad Biblically, but not in the ways we know him.

Comment

She obviously knows her dad Biblically, but not in the ways we know him.
                        Last Week Tonight's segment on her was outstanding! I love how everyone thinks she is some moderate force against her Dad and yet everything she was supposedly going to soften him up on he has already destroyed.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Also he wants to tax Canadian lumber at 24% but refuses to accept their proposed dairy tax on us? God help us.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Also he wants to tax Canadian lumber at 24% but refuses to accept their proposed dairy tax on us? God help us.
                            My jaw hit the floor when he said Canada was being unfair. He's a walking contradiction. He's the worst case scenario for America and the planet.

Comment

Get me new ideas on Health Care, Terrorism, and Immigration.
                              I'm sure every possible plan, policy and procedure has been articulated already. The problem isn't ideas, it's working them through the political system in a way where it's not in a significant minority's interest to torpedo negotiations.

The politicians aren't the problem, they are responding rationally to their constituents. I would like to see leaders of the three rational quadrants form a coalition where they mutually agree not to attack each other and to defend one another against the attacks of the crazy quadrant. This has a hope of working now because the GOP is in power -- obviously it would be far more difficult with the Dems in power because then informed conservatives would be understandably suspicious of the Dem government's motives. What we can do now is craft compromise measures where the government stays open and addresses the most critical and immediate problems with compromise centrist solutions. This can be done in odd-numbered years (even-numbered years are elections so there's very little hope of working across the aisle).

I suggest we trial run it right here. If a few dozen hockey fans who are highly demographically homogeneous can't find solutions, the country as a whole probably can't, but if we can then maybe there's hope.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Reality 96 Trump 0

Donald Trump surrenders at the first sign of resistance. It’s his best quality.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X