This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.08: Suckers

Still a better choice than Hillary right?

President Trump did not understand that the US cannot negotiate a trade deal with Germany alone and must deal with the European Union as a bloc, a senior German official told The Times of London.

"Ten times Trump asked [German chancellor Angela Merkel] if he could negotiate a trade deal with Germany. Every time she replied, 'You can’t do a trade deal with Germany, only the EU,'" the official said.

They continued: "On the eleventh refusal, Trump finally got the message, 'Oh, we’ll do a deal with Europe then.'"

Merkel reportedly told her cabinet members that Trump had "very basic misunderstandings" on the "fundamentals" of the EU and trade.

The exchange occurred when Merkel met with Trump last month and reportedly convinced him to negotiate with the EU as a bloc after attempts by his administration to deal with individual countries were declined.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      He didn't have any email problems.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

As long as Trump or any other unfit jagbag can arouse people's fears, he or she is on the yellow brick road. It's the soft underbelly. The GOPers are so good at it because they have had to appeal to a conservative base forever--a base that is fear-responsive. Bo may know baseball, but they know the monkey brain.
        Last edited by burd; 04-22-2017, 04:57 PM.

Comment

In a way the country is uniting again. Not the 29%, obviously -- they live in their own bubble. But the 71% rest of us, including the conservatives who have brains, wake up every morning and think "what did the jackoff tweet overnight?" We're all just trying to survive the next four years.

I think we are developing an esprit du corps like WW1 soldiers in the trenches. And we're all thinking, "Lord, just get me to 2020 and I promise this will never happen again."

Victims of natural disasters often come out of the experience with tremendous feelings of community. We all may just do that.
          Last edited by Kepler; 04-22-2017, 06:06 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Well maybe he is preparing when the EU explodes in the coming weeks...

(my guess is the current situation in Paris will make sure Nazi Daughter gets elected)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              I watched the party alienate too many working- and middle-class Americans.
              And just how did they do that? By saying it's not ok to kick and make fun of the queer and trans-gendered people? By saying it's ok if two men or two women want to get married, and you shouldn't be allowed to turn them away from your business just cause you think that's icky? That cops shouldn't be allowed to kill the black guy just cause he opened the car door too quickly?

If that's what it is, then working and middle class Americans need to straighten up, get their heads out of their azzes and HTFU.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                In a way the country is uniting again. Not the 29%, obviously -- they live in their own bubble. But the 71% rest of us, including the conservatives who have brains, wake up every morning and think "what did the jackoff tweet overnight?" We're all just trying to survive the next four years.

I think we are developing an esprit du corps like WW1 soldiers in the trenches. And we're all thinking, "Lord, just get me to 2020 and I promise this will never happen again."

Victims if natural disasters often come out of the experience with tremendous feelings of community. We all may just do that.
                Well we will see. Right now you have the center/right pundits like SE Cupp and her ilk admonishing the Right and Trump and if that keeps up then yeah. If they start to get (as Cupp called it on Maher) "amnesia" about the hypocrisy that is going on then all bets are off.

If any true moderates are out there in the GOP right now is their chance to show it. And no being pragmatic like a few of them are (I will vote against the party when my vote doesnt matter) doesnt count. Someone needs to stand up and wake these nimrods up.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  If any true moderates are out there in the GOP right now is their chance to show it. And no being pragmatic like a few of them are (I will vote against the party when my vote doesnt matter) doesnt count. Someone needs to stand up and wake these nimrods up.
                  I'm not talking about moderates vs radicals. Really there are very few moderate conservatives left -- if there are they're centrist Dems. That's a consequence of the extreme pendulum swing of the right over the last 30 years: the GOP middle is where the crazy radicals used to be, and extremist conservatives like the Freedumbers are essentially policy terrorists.

I'm talking about the split between people who are capable of thought and the Trump crowd. We're being held hostage right now by literally the stupidest people in the nation. Ideology at the moment is secondary to cognitive competence. Right or left, people with a brain are looking at each other, looking at Trump, and edging towards the door. Obviously conservatives can't say that out loud because of partisanship, but right now the thinking people in this country are all in the same boat.

It's a cross between being under enemy occupation and this.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    He didn't have any email problems.
                    Glad we elected the business guy.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      And just how did they do that? By saying it's not ok to kick and make fun of the queer and trans-gendered people? By saying it's ok if two men or two women want to get married, and you shouldn't be allowed to turn them away from your business just cause you think that's icky? That cops shouldn't be allowed to kill the black guy just cause he opened the car door too quickly?

If that's what it is, then working and middle class Americans need to straighten up, get their heads out of their azzes and HTFU.
                      I'd say this cartoon did a decent job at making light of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        It's not really wrong, is it?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          It's not really wrong, is it?

Comment

Yes, I'm well aware, and I laughed when I read it. There are some, however, who refuse to see the truth. There here are Dems who won't or can't accept that their base is uninviting to the blue collar workers they need at the polls. Meanwhile, there are Repubs, like my cousin, who can't understand why people think many in their voting base are racists, and thus driving away the old Rockefeller Repubs.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              The irony is the GOP and the Dems inside the Beltway -- the real people who do the work, not the people on TV -- are exactly the same person, fresh out of Princeton or Stanford. The Republicans are just better at playing dumb.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Good analysis of the latest GOP brinkmanship.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X