This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.08: Suckers

Just a question, but absent legislation repealing them, can the White house unilaterally stop subsides for Obamacare from continuing? I assume they can try to slow them or bog them down via some sort of regulatory paperwork "foul-up", but can they legally eliminate them entirely?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

People who think I'm chicken little can eff off, first of all as I need to get that off my chest. I was one of the few around here who even sniffed a chance at where we are at right now and it sickens me that I was even remotely correct. But I was f cking correct to be worried wasn't I? People who are not scared 5h!tless right now can go pound sand because it is a crisis unlike we've seen. People you know and love will suffer immeasurably because of trump. Not some poor dirt farmer in Afghanistan or some other remote place, and that's bad enough. People right here in the good old U S of A. You know where the country is really on the right track and it's just a matter of time before the positive change will begin happening. I'm not just sounding the alarm either, I go to work every day trying to make lives better for working class people, trying to fight for living wages, trying to make sure people do not suffer because of who they love or what door they walk through when they have to take a p!ss. But what I see every time I turn around is people believing everything will be all right and trying the same old things. So I continue to sound the alarm at the same time I try to make my little piece of the world a little more fair, a little more livable.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I think we are developing an esprit du corps like WW1 soldiers in the trenches. And we're all thinking, "Lord, just get me to 2020 and I promise this will never happen again."
      But seriously Kep, this is what you see right now? What the hell happened after WW1? Oh yeah, a world wide economic catastrophe that left people everywhere destitute, or worse, just dead. And it was rounded out by the single most destructive geopolitical event in the history of the world. Some of the guys in the trenches survived, sure. Only to die during the depression, or for many, in the next war. We better do a lot better than the poor blighters in the trenches.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Just a question, but absent legislation repealing them, can the White house unilaterally stop subsides for Obamacare from continuing? I assume they can try to slow them or bog them down via some sort of regulatory paperwork "foul-up", but can they legally eliminate them entirely?
        They can try but I dont think it would hold up in court. Plus, doing so would pretty much put a target on their back and would nullify any chance they have of blaming anyone but themselves.

That is the problem with this whole gambit...Trump is bluffing a hand he cant win against a hand no one would fold. The Dems only lose if they give in. They are sitting on pocket rockets and there are 2 aces in the middle. Trump knows this which is why he is betting all he has in hopes that he scares the Dems. He figures when the Wall doesnt get built he will be able to pass it off as the Dems screwing him over in the Senate and everyone will buy except he will have to answer not only for the fact that the Dems dont control Mexico (who was supposed to pay for it) but the fact that he has been publicly begging the Dems for money or he would screw people out of health care.

Now I am sure some Chicken Littles will tell us that Trump will get the money for the Wall and will destroy health care and anally rape us every night without lube and that is their prerogative but the truth is he is realizing that the free pass he got is dying and his first 100 days make him look even dumber than we all thought. His flip flopping makes John Kerry look like an oak and his weak willed decision making makes Dubya look like Harry Truman.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Latest NBC/WSJ Poll has Trump at 54% disapproval and 40% approval. That is 10% worse than he was at in February...

Bad News For Random People in Syria...

Forty-five percent of respondents in the survey believe Trump is off to a poor start, with an additional 19 percent who say it's been "only a fair start." That's compared with a combined 35 percent who think the president's first three months in office have been either "good" or "great."

Trump's 100th day in office takes place on April 29.

By contrast, in the exact same question from April 2009 NBC/WSJ poll, 54 percent of Americans said that Barack Obama's first 100 days had gotten off to either a good or great start, while 25 percent said they were fair, and 21 percent called them poor.

Trump's overall job-approval rating stands at 40 percent — down four points from February. It's the lowest job-approval rating for a new president at this 100-day stage in the history of the NBC/WSJ poll.
          Some breakdown:

The new NBC/WSJ poll also shows an erosion in some of Trump's top perceived qualities, with 50 percent of respondents giving Trump high marks for being firm and decisive in his decision-making - down from the 57 percent who gave him high marks here in February.

Another 39 percent of Americans give him high marks for changing business as usual in Washington - down from 45 percent two months ago.

Thirty-nine percent give him high marks for being effective and getting things done - down from 46 percent who said this back in February.

And only 25 percent give him high marks for being honest and trustworthy - down from 34 percent.
          BTW: ABC/WSJ has him at 42% approval with a %3% disapproval...the lowest dating back to Ike!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Firm and decisive in his decision making? I get the lunatics and morons would give him high marks, but anyone with a pulse should see he changes his mind every time a butterfly farts in Africa.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Firm and decisive in his decision making? I get the lunatics and morons would give him high marks, but anyone with a pulse should see he changes his mind every time a butterfly farts in Africa.
              The 25% who think he's honest should seek the care of a mental health care professional immediately.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

He's tall, speaks in simple sentences, and uses blustering rhetoric. The ape brain responds to that.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  BTW: ABC/WSJ has him at 42% approval with a %3% disapproval...the lowest dating back to Ike!
                  That has to be for a comparable point in the term, since Dubya was down in the 20s.
                  Cornell University

Comment

He's firmly stiggin' it to the libs. That's the approval.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.08: Suckers

He's firm, until some other glittering decision gets his attention.

And I agree with the point that anyone who thinks he's honest should seek help.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

They don't care that he lies. They're just relieved that Hillary didn't win!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          That is a true, but separate, issue.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            He's tall, speaks in simple sentences, and uses blustering rhetoric. The ape brain responds to that.
                            My favorite is that he congratulated a solider for earning a Purple Heart this weekend. He also called it 'tremendous.' Seriously.

#MURICA!
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Thank Dino-Riding Jesus we didn't get that *****! She's a liar and a crook!
                              Code:

Comment

Thank Dino-Riding Jesus we didn't get that *****! She's a liar and a crook!
                                She is, but that is a separate fact from Trump being the........criminal/salesman (being VERY polite) that he is. This past election, moreso than in years past, has been: slit the throat, or seppuku?

Comment

Working...
                                X